Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

F2202

63 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  03:22:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseballpapa

Papa thinks that Tony should appoint him the Pitching Police. That's the job that I have been waiting for.

LOL
Go to Top of Page

ngred10

17 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  10:29:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We saw this happen again this weekend at the Triple Crown Tournament. The real question is how can Triple Crown have a rule where the penalty for the violation is at the discretion of the tournament director. I would think you would want the penalty spelled out so no one has any gripes after. Sounds like in the above scenario the team forfeited, in this scenario, player was ejected for same issue.
Go to Top of Page

excoach12

159 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  22:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you do about a team who has a pitcher or two switch their jerseys so they get extra innings to pitch? In the pitching logs it looks like two different pitchers but in reality the same kid pitched.
Go to Top of Page

ngred10

17 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  09:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the team should be disqualified from that tournament and also from any future tournament for that season. The coaches should also be banned from coaching. That is shameful, and teaches the kids that cheating is OK to win. It amazes me what some coaches will do to win a trophy.
Go to Top of Page

zwndad

170 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  09:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excoach12, I think that coach should be banned from that governing body's tournaments. There is absolutely no excuse in the world for that.
quote:
Originally posted by excoach12

What do you do about a team who has a pitcher or two switch their jerseys so they get extra innings to pitch? In the pitching logs it looks like two different pitchers but in reality the same kid pitched.

Go to Top of Page

ChinMusic

126 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  10:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
excoach12, What age group was that?? Was this reported to the TD?? That's crazy!!
Go to Top of Page

nwgadad

137 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  10:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do they tell the kids when this happens? Oh I want you to be able to pitch more because I don't have the confidence in anyone else? Win at all costs? If that has happened was it brought up? Do we need to start giving the kids ID's? Does the umpire not get the kids names and say, weren't you a different number earlier?
Go to Top of Page

jacjacatk

154 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  22:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nwgadad

What do they tell the kids when this happens? Oh I want you to be able to pitch more because I don't have the confidence in anyone else? Win at all costs? If that has happened was it brought up? Do we need to start giving the kids ID's? Does the umpire not get the kids names and say, weren't you a different number earlier?

I can't tell half the kids on my son's team (all of whom I've known for a couple of years) apart from a distance, I wouldn't expect an umpire to be able to catch a number switch between similar looking players, at least not all the time.

That said, I have no clue what they tell the kids, or how they get them to play along well enough not to give it away unless they actually practice it from the very beginning of the season.
Go to Top of Page

PATbb

58 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  10:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NWGADAD, i am pretty certain Georgia Soccer has this where all of the kids have a photo ID with # that is kept with team manager and used prior to each game where the field referee will use as a roll call confirming eligibility for a game. It is not always looked at for each and every single game but for most tournaments the system is used and required to always stay with the team.

quote:
Originally posted by nwgadad

Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  11:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
soccer has used individual player cards with photos for more than 30 years. We had them way back when I played. If you changed teams or played for a different team for a tournament, you had to get your player card from your current coach and bring it to the other coach. You had 1 unique card for the entire year. No card, no play. Birth certificates were verified by the leagues and the cards were your proof of age, the photo was proof it belonged to the player. The referee checked each card to each player prior to each game. I have always been surprised that Baseball has not done the same.
Go to Top of Page

nwgadad

137 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  12:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just think it is crazy that coaches even attempt to do this. Who comes up with this stuff? They should be banned from coaching and any titles won should be forfeited. And I am sure some/if not all of the parents know about it. Turn yourself in! teach teh kids a real lesson. It is called the TRUTH.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000