General Discussion
 Catching Instruction for 13U
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  17:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for suggestions for catching instruction for my 13U player. I want someone who can work with him during the normal school hours since he schools from home. I don't want lessons to interfere with his team practices and games. East Cobb Area. Looking for someone who can help him improve his technique and help prepare him for the next level of play.

famosrichit

3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  10:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ben Blumenthal at JCS sports in Kennesaw is outstanding.
Go to Top of Page

Coach D

167 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  14:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tyler Best in College Park , former college/professional catcher and coach .Works with my son and he has became an excellent defensive catcher. Very Knowledgeable and my son thinks the world of him . Look him up at MyScoutDay.com
Go to Top of Page

ivpartner

80 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  15:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roy Anderson at 643DP was a major league catcher and written a book on catching. Cannot do any better than that. 678.883.4629
Go to Top of Page

drewmeadows

26 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  10:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our stories are similar - we live in East Cobb and homeschooled our son at 13 and began working with Willie Burge then. His # is 678-409-2054. He is very flexible with his time. He transformed our son from a novice to an elite showcase catcher in 2 years. Willie is like an instructor, a boot camp sergeant, an evangelist, and psychologist all wrapped up in one. He has a passion for the sport, for my son, for the position. He can also train your son in other secondary positions. His rate is the most reasonable I have heard of because he provides twice the time for the same rate.
Go to Top of Page

Houndfan

42 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  13:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My vote would be Roy Anderson... exceptional catching instructor who will work closely on very sound fundamental skills that your son will need. Be cautious of instructors that want to "move" too quickly and won't spend time on the skills needed to block and receive. He will also give your son skills to start calling games and working as an on field coach. Very highly recommended.
Go to Top of Page

Baseball Parent

1 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  12:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I highly recommend Howie McCann, he is an extraordinary coach and instructor. My son is also homeschooled and has been a client of Howie’s for 3 years with great results. Howie connects extremely well with students of all ages. In addition to being Brian McCann’s dad, Howie has a long list of clients who moved on to play at the college level. He is the owner of McCann’s Windward Baseball Academy in Alpharetta; www.windwardbaseball.com. Howie stays very busy, if you are interested in scheduling a lesson with him, I suggest that you contact Windward Baseball via e-mail and let them know that your son is homeschooled and available to work with Howie during normal school hours. His rates are very reasonable too.
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  17:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the great suggestions, I have my work cut out for me. I am sure I can find the right fit for my son from those suggested. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

nastycurve

244 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2013 :  00:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would take a look at Domingo Ayala... He has a lot of good videos on youtube and hes local.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000