General Discussion
 Cheapest place to buy wood bats?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bravemom

204 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2017 :  13:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And/ or all things baseball. Academy Sports seems to have good deals and Dicks will match online prices.

What abou wood bats? Justbats? Baseball Savings (saw the thread) ?

I would like to have a go to place for wood bats. I have gone to Play It Again, but it is hit and miss.

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  07:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google blem bats

These are bats that are imperfect in some way but still functional. Maybe there is an unattractive swirl, maybe the last letter of the manufacturer was left off, maybe the manufacturer stamp was sideways a bit...whatever the issue they are still great bats at less than half the cost of regular bats.
Go to Top of Page

satchel

28 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  17:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not all wood bats are the same. The quality of the wood varies by manufacture and model of bat. A little company called Victus (just bought by Marucci)is know for great wood, but you will pay $200 a bat. Also, you want the grain of the wood to be as straight and long as possible (makes for a harder bat). Barrel size, handle size, nob size, cup, etc all make a difference. Have your kid take a few swings with different bats to see what feels best for him.

Once you find a fit, buy 3. One for practice only and 2 game only bats.
Go to Top of Page

3sondad

220 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  19:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Blem Bats. We purchased two Old Hickory bats, one blem and one expensive one. Both have not broken and that was four years ago and my youngest is using them now. In fact the Blem bat has been used in more tournaments than the expensive one because about four or five other players were using it.
Go to Top of Page

Bravemom

204 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  19:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, CaCo! I can always count on you to respond!
Go to Top of Page

brball

615 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  22:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bravemom

CaCo is our version of a one stop shop for “google anything baseball “!

CaCo- not being a smartass, because I see over on the HSBASEBALL site regularly as well... you rock and keep it up!
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  09:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brball

quote:

CaCo is our version of a one stop shop for “google anything baseball “!

CaCo- not being a smartass, because I see over on the HSBASEBALL site regularly as well... you rock and keep it up!

Glad to know some appreciate it. I am dyslexic and one of my quirks is remembering pretty much everything I read. The more I read the more I know and can share. I've never owned a blem bat, but I remember reading about them.
Go to Top of Page

CoachCross

107 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2017 :  11:00:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a big fan of Victus. We bought four of them 18 months ago, primarily for the team to use in BP. None have broken. And being able to have the bats customized with the team name and colors was pretty cool too.

quote:

And/ or all things baseball. Academy Sports seems to have good deals and Dicks will match online prices.

What abou wood bats? Justbats? Baseball Savings (saw the thread) ?

I would like to have a go to place for wood bats. I have gone to Play It Again, but it is hit and miss.

Go to Top of Page

Hurricane

351 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2017 :  10:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say go with a Baum bat, pricey but depending on your son's age can last him 3 good travel ball seasons and they are very hot compared to most wooden bats. Dicks and some of those stores sell the cheaper wood bats that have little pop and tend to break. Victus is one of the best bats you can buy bought a few at Better Baseball, and my son loved them. Buying online is great for most things, but I tend to believe buying a bat especially you or your son need to hold it in his hands take some practice swings and same with a glove unless you have used that exact model of glove before if its a used glove it might be broken in incorrectly and you would waste your money. Also had good luck with rawlings "Minor League" grade wooden Blem bats in the past but most don't sell them anymore.
Go to Top of Page

RedsMaurer

90 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2017 :  17:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I highly recommend Justbats.com based on the customer support and quality of their employees. I had the opportunity to visit their facility in Kansas City and got to meet the owner and their support team. They are first class, and are baseball people with experience so they know what they are talking about, and they fully stand behind their product. If you ever get the chance to go there, please do, you will be impressed. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000