Sponsorship
Opportunities

Sponsored Links
Training Legends
RBI Tournaments
Cherokee Batting Range
Georgia Stars
Service Baseball
Opportunities Through Athletics
Georgia Jackets
Hopewell Baseball
NEXTLVL 3.5
Beacon Sports
Perfect Game
Quick Links
Cooperstown
Tournaments
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA Links
To Indexes

Cooperstown
Tournaments
Join NWBA Team Insurance
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 11U General Discussion
 11U USSSA MAJOR STATE TOURNAMENT THIS WEEKEND
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

stepoff

92 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  09:07:56  Show Profile
So far eleven teams show playing in this tournament at East Cobb this weekend. Who do you think will win it? Some big names missing but the field is still loaded and should be a good tournament.

YardBall463

35 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  11:15:26  Show Profile
Well of course if you had to pick you are picking 643,Sting, or Warriors with the possibility of JCS sneaking up. There will be some upsets come bracket play because there are some teams i did not mention that are playins some great ball waiting to explode into the scene. It should be a fun weekend and good luck to all the teams.
Go to Top of Page

touchemall

145 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  14:29:52  Show Profile
Where are the mighty Astros? This is in their backyard.
Go to Top of Page

GotTheTShirt

4 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  15:13:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by touchemall

Where are the mighty Astros? This is in their backyard.



And according to the ECB site they are hosting.
Go to Top of Page

12uCoach

357 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  17:43:33  Show Profile
Schedule is out http://www.usssa.com/sports/Bracket.asp?Type=Winners&Tournament=839583

12 man bracket (1 and 2 play 11 and 12. 3 and 4 play 9 and 10. 5 and 6 play 7 and 8.) what happened to USSSA's valued snake?

At least if I lose 2 I can take Saturday off.

Some fascinating bits of scheduling. 8 of the 12 teams have 4PM games.
JCS and Alpharetta have b2b DH on Thursday, while the Sting plays at 4 and 8:20. No advantage for pitching since a rest day does not count in USSSA, still 8 innings in 3 days.
Valdosta has a b2b DH Friday while the Gamers have 4 and 8:20.
Go to Top of Page

touchemall

145 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  18:32:57  Show Profile
Why didn't they just enter the tournament then? Might as well if you are going to be there to host.
Go to Top of Page

Big Dawg

22 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  00:22:10  Show Profile
12uCoach, I don't believe that you are correct on the no advantage for pitching comment. If a pitcher pitches 6 innings on Thursday and doesn't pitch again till Sunday, since it has been since Thursday that said player pitched. Sunday would be the 4th day to pitch and his innings would start over.....correct me if I'm wrong please someone. I also believe if he pitched 3 on Thursday and 5 on Friday with Saturday being a days rest, his allotment of innings would start over again on Sunday as long as he doesn't pitch 3 consecutive days. Or any combination of innings on the 2 days as long as he didn't pitch more than 3 on Thursday and doesn't exceed 8 in the 2 days. So the Elite Gamers Red, Valdosta Black Sox, and the Georgia Blues would be at a disadvantage cause they play their tournament in a 3 day period and not 4. SEE RULE 7.05.C.4 pg. 12
Any Thoughts......

Edited by - Big Dawg on 06/12/2012 08:41:57
Go to Top of Page

Buckner

44 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  08:44:26  Show Profile
Could it be? A tournament at ECB with updates online?

quote:
Originally posted by 12uCoach

Schedule is out http://www.usssa.com/sports/Bracket.asp?Type=Winners&Tournament=839583

12 man bracket (1 and 2 play 11 and 12. 3 and 4 play 9 and 10. 5 and 6 play 7 and 8.) what happened to USSSA's valued snake?

At least if I lose 2 I can take Saturday off.

Some fascinating bits of scheduling. 8 of the 12 teams have 4PM games.
JCS and Alpharetta have b2b DH on Thursday, while the Sting plays at 4 and 8:20. No advantage for pitching since a rest day does not count in USSSA, still 8 innings in 3 days.
Valdosta has a b2b DH Friday while the Gamers have 4 and 8:20.

Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  10:03:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Big Dawg

12uCoach, I don't believe that you are correct on the no advantage for pitching comment. If a pitcher pitches 6 innings on Thursday and doesn't pitch again till Sunday, since it has been since Thursday that said player pitched. Sunday would be the 4th day to pitch and his innings would start over.....correct me if I'm wrong please someone. I also believe if he pitched 3 on Thursday and 5 on Friday with Saturday being a days rest, his allotment of innings would start over again on Sunday as long as he doesn't pitch 3 consecutive days. Or any combination of innings on the 2 days as long as he didn't pitch more than 3 on Thursday and doesn't exceed 8 in the 2 days. So the Elite Gamers Red, Valdosta Black Sox, and the Georgia Blues would be at a disadvantage cause they play their tournament in a 3 day period and not 4. SEE RULE 7.05.C.4 pg. 12
Any Thoughts......



Correct - 3 day tournament rules would not apply in the scenario you describe - it is 3 max to pitch next day, and 8 max over 3 days, 4th day reset - throw ace 6 on day 1, day 2 and 3 rest he would get 6 more on day 4..

Likewise in the 3 day scenario you describe - 3 on day one, 5 on day 2, rest day 3 he would be eligible to pitch 3 on day 4 - it is an 8 inning max over 3 days any way you look at it..

6xx6
5x3x
332x
35x3
22x6
Just remember 3 max to pitch next day, 8 max over 3 days, and 3 days straight must rest.

Edited by - ramman999 on 06/12/2012 10:19:38
Go to Top of Page

Big Dawg

22 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  10:12:28  Show Profile
Let me make clear what i said earlier, If I pitch 6 innings on Thursday and I don't pitch Fri or Sat my innings start over. However if I pitch 3 innings on Thursday and 4 innings on Friday then take Sat off I'd have 4 to pitch on Sunday cause the 3 innings from Thursday would drop off on the 3 day sliding scale. Hope this make more sense.
Go to Top of Page

Big Dawg

22 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  11:32:00  Show Profile
Ramman999, you are correct accept in your second senario.... 5X3X that one would be 5X35 cause in a 3 day sliding scale Thursday would drop off.


another senario would be 62X6 meaning that kid could pitch 14 innings in a 4 day tourney.

Edited by - Big Dawg on 06/12/2012 12:12:02
Go to Top of Page

Big Dawg

22 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  12:47:07  Show Profile
I meant 6X26 in the above comment. Typed it wrong.
Go to Top of Page

aboutthekids

213 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  14:34:07  Show Profile
It's my understanding that the East Cobb team that hosted the U3 10U open state last year didn't play in it either. I could be wrong though.
Go to Top of Page

itsbaseballtime

348 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  23:47:59  Show Profile
Are you serious?
quote:
Originally posted by touchemall

Why didn't they just enter the tournament then? Might as well if you are going to be there to host.

Go to Top of Page

throwitaround

36 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  13:21:59  Show Profile
What's wrong with the question itsbaseball? Are we missing something?
Go to Top of Page

Bigwhitevan

67 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  14:49:21  Show Profile
Sounds like a Utrip thing.
Go to Top of Page

baseballnutz

427 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  20:30:19  Show Profile
Don't forget about RBI. They didn't play well at the TOC but they can win any tournament they enter.

I like Alpharetta this weekend. They can hit, play defense with anyone and their pitching is better. But the reason I like them is speed, they put a lot of pressure on teams with their speed and they have one of the better outfields in 11U.
Go to Top of Page

aboutthekids

213 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  11:35:40  Show Profile
IBB, my response about last year's 10u state was in response to touchemall's post below. Not saying that a host of a tournamet should play just because they're the host re: this reaponse and the original posts about the stros (11U) not being in the tournament.

With all my older kids when we hosted we never played. Our entire team worked the tournament and the kids helped with trash etc. and of course played a ton of wall ball.


quote:
Originally posted by touchemall

Why didn't they just enter the tournament then? Might as well if you are going to be there to host.

Go to Top of Page

RED GAMERS

10 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  14:43:44  Show Profile
Its a shame i really wanted them to play.
Go to Top of Page

aboutthekids

213 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  16:44:34  Show Profile
Hope you guys do well this weekend RG. Bout time you came back up to EC to play. Haven't seen you there in a while. Last year was the first time ever for your age group, right?

Those kids need to be playing the top teams as often as possible. You have a lot of talent and my belief has always been, you're only as good as the teams you play regularly.


quote:
Originally posted by RED GAMERS

Its a shame i really wanted them to play.

Go to Top of Page

stepoff

92 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  16:47:27  Show Profile
I agree Red Gamers. It would have been good to see this group together a few more times before the end of the season. Good luck to those teams playing this weekend in this tournament or in any other. We are almost to the end of another season of travel ball so enjoy it while it lasts. it has been a pleasure to watch and compete with and against many of you. 12U baseball will be here soon enough. Let the parking lot recruitment games begin (if they have not already). As far as hosting a tournament: That whole discussion is a topic in and of itself.
Go to Top of Page

aboutthekids

213 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  18:00:49  Show Profile
My top picks for this weekend are obvious and by top I'm picking five and in no particular order. Anything can happen however as we know.

Gamers shouldn't have any problem with their easy pool games. Not knocking the others but the Blues according to the kids I've spoken lost their one or two top players.

Georgia Sting if I'm not mistaken are also down two top players with one due to injurys and the other ending the summer season a little early and taking a break.

Alpharetta taking on the Cougars early in pool? Explain how the brackets are determined again. I read it earlier in the post but still didn't put it together as is.

I have these as the top five teams and in no particular order:

JCS, RBI, 643, Blue Jays, and Alpharetta. No disrespect meant to anyone or any team (especially any of the kids) but those with the easiest brackets should be able to save a little pitching to say the least. Hope everyone hits the ball, on top of their game otherwise and has a great tournament.

Anyone can pull it off on Sunday. Does anyone out there see an upset taking place?
Go to Top of Page

aboutthekids

213 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  18:06:43  Show Profile
That would be nice. There's still time to get in the Lopez wood bat and I think they have TBS and CABA after that for some that may not be in them. Not sure about the entry deadlines or specs for the later two though.

That group in particular has played a lot of ball this year so far and are allowing quite a few injuries to heal up before they tackle the last few tournaments of the year.


quote:
Originally posted by stepoff

I agree Red Gamers. It would have been good to see this group together a few more times before the end of the season. Good luck to those teams playing this weekend in this tournament or in any other. We are almost to the end of another season of travel ball so enjoy it while it lasts. it has been a pleasure to watch and compete with and against many of you. 12U baseball will be here soon enough. Let the parking lot recruitment games begin (if they have not already). As far as hosting a tournament: That whole discussion is a topic in and of itself.

Go to Top of Page

Big Dawg

22 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  23:51:20  Show Profile
ATK, you do realize in your top 5 picks you have picked the 10u Bluejays correct?
Go to Top of Page

itsbaseballtime

348 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  01:20:38  Show Profile
TIA, I guess so.

Let me quote a much wiser man and baseball mind (a current D-1 college head baseball coach) told me last week "your penalty for Jay Walking was Murder 1...." I think we have chosen to support a new JUDGE and Jury... Thats all..

Hosting a Tourney:

You have to be asked and accept before you can HOST a tourney...TD's would like to schedule and recruit teams, get ground crews set up, make sure trophies are good, parents would like to plan gate duty before getting off work early, missing a kids game, picking up trash after the last game and of course my favorite now, Fence Jumpers, ...!!! LMAO

Wake up... get real, whatever...





...
quote:
Originally posted by throwitaround

What's wrong with the question itsbaseball? Are we missing something?


Edited by - itsbaseballtime on 06/15/2012 09:07:01
Go to Top of Page

YardBall463

35 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  08:54:15  Show Profile
Nothing easy about the Georgia Blue's if you look at there record they beat Ringold and played well against some good teams. There is no such thing as easy games, correct me if im wrong but i seen the E.C. Astros play some games they should of dominated and end up tying or losing to games . The greatest thing about this game is you have to cross those white lines and play, nothing is given to you, its up to the kids and not the dads to say who is going to win. Let the boys play because its all about the kids right? Good luck to all this weekend and have fun boys....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-21 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000