Sponsorship
Opportunities

Sponsored Links
Flush Baseball
Cherokee Batting Range
Forsyth Grizzlies - Georgia Octane
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA Links
To Indexes

Cooperstown
Tournaments
Join NWBA Team Insurance
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 9U General Discussion
 9u Top 10
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

full-out

5 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  11:33:20  Show Profile
With a couple months of tournaments being played. Who are the top 10 so far? Here's some thoughts. No particular order.
Angels
Astros
Bulldogs
643
EC Titans
HP Kearns
Georgia Select
Acworth Warriors
Kennesaw Generals
Black Knights
Grays, Yard dogs, GA Pirates, EC Reebok are some others to consider.

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  09:46:42  Show Profile
full-out

I love the top 10 list and will put my top in 1-10 order. I realize you might disagree with my ranking and your team might have beat a team ranked higher. Don't cry about it, reply! It is 9U baseball and anyone can win pending the day.

1. Atlanta Angels- This was the easy one. Solid pitching, hitting and agressive baserunning. Still ahead of the others!

2. ECB Titans- Good pitching and hitting team. This team has really surprised me this year! They might not look impressive on paper but they throw strikes, play defense and score runs weekend after weekend!

3. Bulldogs Baseball- 3 deep in very strong pitchers with 2 impressive catchers and can hit.

4. 643DP- Defensivly smart solid group and can hit. They have had some big wins this year but have fallen short on several Sundays as well. I don't know if they lack pitching or fire?

5. ECB Astros- Good pitching, Smart solid defense and they can hit! They are always in the mix but have had some really tough losses this year. I think the ECB brand "Astros" in the younger age groups might be losing some ground.

6. Acworth Warriors- Good pitching with several lefties, solid defense and lots of speed. Very impressed for a team new to kid pitch but overall they need to improve at the plate to win big games.

7. Georgia Select- Solid team top to bottm. They have had some great battles this year and are an impressive group to watch. Several can really pitch and hit!

8. HP Kearns- Solid team with pitching, defense and hitting. They have had some impressive wins this year but not had the big finish yet?

9. Yard Dogs- Good hitting club with lots of speed. One mistake and they will put pressure on a pitcher quick. Lack real pitching depth to go deep on Sundays but are fun to watch early in pool play.

10. Elite Gamers- They can pitch, hit and play defense. This is a solid team and will keep games close with defense.




quote:
Originally posted by full-out

With a couple months of tournaments being played. Who are the top 10 so far? Here's some thoughts. No particular order.
Angels
Astros
Bulldogs
643
EC Titans
HP Kearns
Georgia Select
Acworth Warriors
Kennesaw Generals
Black Knights
Grays, Yard dogs, GA Pirates, EC Reebok are some others to consider.

Go to Top of Page

Linedrive11

91 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  10:38:24  Show Profile
My top ten... This is just for fun and to spark some interest. I realize these kids are just 9 years old. My team will play very well for several games in a row and then have a blow up game. However, it is a ton of fun watching these kids learn how to compete, handle success and failure.

1. Atlanta Angels
2. East Cobb Astros
3. HP Kearns
4. Bulldog Baseball
5. EC Titans
6. Grays Baseball
7. 643 DP Cougars
8. Elite Gamers
9. Georgia Select
10. EC Reebok

Edited by - Linedrive11 on 04/03/2012 16:02:17
Go to Top of Page

WestCoastGuru

148 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  12:09:44  Show Profile
3up3down....I agree with most of your list, but putting a team in the top ten with only one win there classification is a bit much!!

I have seen majority of these teams play this year and I know Kearns didnt go real deep at the SNIT....but they are definitely a top 5 team, I dont care who's list were talking about!! Your analysis of the yarddogs and Bulldogs are spot on and with the Angels not dropping a game against a team from GA in there age group in over 3 years....hands down they are the team to beat!
Go to Top of Page

Lester

4 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  14:38:54  Show Profile
Reebok looked strong this past weekend taking down HP Kearns and then the Titans in the finals.
Go to Top of Page

Linedrive11

91 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  14:53:38  Show Profile
3up3down, thanks for the top 10....You have the EC Astros at #5 and two teams ahead of them are 0-7 combined against the Astros this year...just wondering how you placed the two teams ahead of them..

quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

full-out

I love the top 10 list and will put my top in 1-10 order. I realize you might disagree with my ranking and your team might have beat a team ranked higher. Don't cry about it, reply! It is 9U baseball and anyone can win pending the day.

1. Atlanta Angels- This was the easy one. Solid pitching, hitting and agressive baserunning. Still ahead of the others!

2. ECB Titans- Good pitching and hitting team. This team has really surprised me this year! They might not look impressive on paper but they throw strikes, play defense and score runs weekend after weekend!

3. Bulldogs Baseball- 3 deep in very strong pitchers with 2 impressive catchers and can hit.

4. 643DP- Defensivly smart solid group and can hit. They have had some big wins this year but have fallen short on several Sundays as well. I don't know if they lack pitching or fire?

5. ECB Astros- Good pitching, Smart solid defense and they can hit! They are always in the mix but have had some really tough losses this year. I think the ECB brand "Astros" in the younger age groups might be losing some ground.

6. Acworth Warriors- Good pitching with several lefties, solid defense and lots of speed. Very impressed for a team new to kid pitch but overall they need to improve at the plate to win big games.

7. Georgia Select- Solid team top to bottm. They have had some great battles this year and are an impressive group to watch. Several can really pitch and hit!

8. HP Kearns- Solid team with pitching, defense and hitting. They have had some impressive wins this year but not had the big finish yet?

9. Yard Dogs- Good hitting club with lots of speed. One mistake and they will put pressure on a pitcher quick. Lack real pitching depth to go deep on Sundays but are fun to watch early in pool play.

10. Elite Gamers- They can pitch, hit and play defense. This is a solid team and will keep games close with defense.




quote:
Originally posted by full-out

With a couple months of tournaments being played. Who are the top 10 so far? Here's some thoughts. No particular order.
Angels
Astros
Bulldogs
643
EC Titans
HP Kearns
Georgia Select
Acworth Warriors
Kennesaw Generals
Black Knights
Grays, Yard dogs, GA Pirates, EC Reebok are some others to consider.



Go to Top of Page

full-out

5 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  20:47:04  Show Profile
I would agree with Linedrive on that the Astros should be ahead of the Bulldogs and 643DP. However, I believe Bulldogs, 643 DP, and EC Titans should be ahead of HP Kearns. Here's my top 10 in order.
1. Angels
2. Astros- have proved themselves in the Big ones.
3. Bulldogs
4. 643 DP
5. EC Titans
6. HP Kearns
7. Acworth Warriors
8. Georgia Select
9. Grays
10. EC Black Knights
Gamers, Yard dogs, and Kennesaw are also strong. Still a lot of baseball left. Things could change. GA has definitely some good 9u baseball.
Go to Top of Page

sicemdawgs

25 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  21:51:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by full-out

I would agree with Linedrive on that the Astros should be ahead of the Bulldogs and 643DP. However, I believe Bulldogs, 643 DP, and EC Titans should be ahead of HP Kearns. Here's my top 10 in order.
1. Angels
2. Astros- have proved themselves in the Big ones.
3. Bulldogs
4. 643 DP
5. EC Titans
6. HP Kearns
7. Acworth Warriors
8. Georgia Select
9. Grays
10. EC Black Knights
Gamers, Yard dogs, and Kennesaw are also strong. Still a lot of baseball left. Things could change. GA has definitely some good 9u baseball.



Not sure where I'd put them, but Reebok beat the Titans AND HP Kearns back to back Sunday in bracket play. (Reebok lost to HP Kearns in pool play on Saturday). Reebok also beat the Pirates in that tourney and Kennesaw a few weeks back in pool play at the Slugfest. Reebok has only five losses this season, three to the Titans, one to HP Kearns, and one in the championship game of the Sonoraville Smash in February.

I'd say right now there are about 15 truly major teams, each of which could be another in any given game. As the season progresses the teams with pitching depth and solid defense will begin to stand out. Should be a really fun season of baseball!
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  10:00:28  Show Profile
Great discussion guys. I agree with some comments and we could discuss others til the sun goes down.

I may have ranked the Titans a little high but still feel the Astros should be in the 3-5 spot. They are not a #2 team on my top 10.

ECB Reebok has been less impressive to me early this season. They seem to be turning around after a big weekend in Cumming. Not yet on my top 10 but we will see.

(WestCoastGuru)- I am not sure about the 1 win in classification but I am looking at W/L records and matchups in other tournaments beside usssa to include TC, Invitationals, local tournaments.

I also failed to mention some AAA teams that should not be under estimated if you match up against them:
Kennesaw Generals- Good defensively, solid hitting but lack pitching and speed compared to any major team to go deep on Sundays.
North Georgia Crush- Very Good hitting team, solid defense but also lack pitching and speed compared to the major teams to go finish on Sundays.

Edited by - 3up3down on 04/04/2012 10:40:16
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  12:44:39  Show Profile
WCG- Agreed, HP Kearns can beat teams 2-9 on any given day but still not sure which team your referring with only 1 win in my rankings?

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastGuru

3up3down....I agree with most of your list, but putting a team in the top ten with only one win there classification is a bit much!!

I have seen majority of these teams play this year and I know Kearns didnt go real deep at the SNIT....but they are definitely a top 5 team, I dont care who's list were talking about!! Your analysis of the yarddogs and Bulldogs are spot on and with the Angels not dropping a game against a team from GA in there age group in over 3 years....hands down they are the team to beat!

Go to Top of Page

Linedrive11

91 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  16:26:34  Show Profile
I think the Georgia Pirates make a strong case for the top 10. Home Plate Lewis and the Stingers Elite both won tournaments this weekend and are starting to get on a role. The Grays try to fly under the radar; however, they are going to really surprise teams this year as they always lay low early in the season, but are very talented. ]Originally posted by 3up3down





Great discussion guys. I agree with some comments and we could discuss others til the sun goes down.

I may have ranked the Titans a little high but still feel the Astros should be in the 3-5 spot. They are not a #2 team on my top 10.

ECB Reebok has been less impressive to me early this season. They seem to be turning around after a big weekend in Cumming. Not yet on my top 10 but we will see.

(WestCoastGuru)- I am not sure about the 1 win in classification but I am looking at W/L records and matchups in other tournaments beside usssa to include TC, Invitationals, local tournaments.

I also failed to mention some AAA teams that should not be under estimated if you match up against them:
Kennesaw Generals- Good defensively, solid hitting but lack pitching and speed compared to any major team to go deep on Sundays.
North Georgia Crush- Very Good hitting team, solid defense but also lack pitching and speed compared to the major teams to go finish on Sundays.

[/quote]

Edited by - Linedrive11 on 04/10/2012 18:33:33
Go to Top of Page

Stinger1

59 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  20:02:57  Show Profile
I agree with most of these posts for at least the top 8. 9&10 can be anyones game. I think it will come down to who is the most consistant and how deep the pitching is. Most important is who is on their game that particular day. Case in point - HP Lewis has a solid team and is doing very well. They have pulled off some nice wins against the Yard Dogs and beat the Gamers twice. The Stingers beat Lewis in the HP tourney and had the Yard dogs 15-9 with 30 seconds in the game left. The Yarddogs played smart ball and was able to start another inning beating the Stingers 16-15. I would make a case for HP Lewis, Kennesaw, and the Pirates to also be in the top 10 running....
Go to Top of Page

RHRN

13 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  09:28:16  Show Profile
Top 10:

1.) Angels (obviously #1)
2.) HP Kearns (3x tournament champs this year. 5-1 vs E. Cobb teams)
3.) GA select (solid all the way around)
4.) Bulldog Baseball (Not playing their best, but still really good)
5.) GA Yard Dogs (can beat anybody but Angels when they are on).
6.) GA Pirates (Up and down but usually pretty strong)
7.) Astros (Kind of overrated from what I have seen. Well coached)
8.) E. Cobb Titans (Scrappy group that may just be better than Astros)
9.) Grays (Honestly have not gotten to see them alot this year. Just going off results here).
10.) HP Lewis (Most improved team this year)
Go to Top of Page

ecbjdp

22 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  14:29:20  Show Profile
Any of these teams can beat anyone on any given day - with the exception of the Angels.

1. Angels
2. HP Kearns
3. ECB Titans
4. ECB Astros
5. Bulldog Baseball
6. ECB Black Knights
7. GA Yard Dogs
8. Acworth Warriors
9. ECB Team Reebok
10 Kennesaw Generals
Go to Top of Page

Stinger1

59 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  15:12:15  Show Profile
One of the general comments on here which I agree with is any of these teams can win at any given time when they are on. It's the more consistant teams in my opinion need to be ranked higher. My team is solid - when they are on but are not consistant enough to be in the runnings for top 10 yet. Who knows how they are going to show up that particular day. However for the most part the lists above look about right....

I have seen teams like Newton Co. Rage and others that are strong as well when they are on. Also watch out for the Newton Heat - they are a little behind in Kid Pitch due to taking off the fall but blew everyone out this weekend in an AAA tourney. Look for them to be winning games in Major soon...
Go to Top of Page

sicemdawgs

25 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  18:33:56  Show Profile
Might have to think about the criteria a little more, too. Are we ranking teams by the game or the tournament? I agree with ecbjdp's list of teams that can beat each other on a given day, but in a tournament situation some of those teams would have a much better chance to win it all due primarily to better pitching depth. In other words, the top-ten list of teams playing their starters and best pitchers might be different than the top-ten list of teams playing a tournament, when they're using their 5th, 6th and 7th pitchers. All that to say, I don't have a strong opinion about it since I haven't seen all the teams play but I do enjoy reading everyone's list and breakdown.
Go to Top of Page

Stinger1

59 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  07:31:13  Show Profile
It was a fun weekend in Peachtree City. We got to finally play the Grays after all these years. They beat us 9-4 in a real good game. The Gray's are a solid team and well coached. The Gamers looked good this weekend taking the championship 10-1 over the Grays. Overall - a good tournament - very competitive...
Go to Top of Page

The Train

2 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  18:36:29  Show Profile
1 - Angels (All Around)
2 - HP Kearns (Best Defense)
3 - Georgia Select (Best Pitching)
4 - EC Astros (Best Coaching)
5 - EC Titans (Best Offense)
6 - Bulldog Baseball
7 - Kennesaw (Most Improved since last year)
8 - Elite Gamers
9 - Acworth (Best Newcomer)
10 - EC Black Knights

Honorable Mention: 643, NG Crush, Yard Dogs, Team Reebok (Biggest Surprise)
Go to Top of Page

kaytrishjr

45 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  09:41:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Stinger1

It was a fun weekend in Peachtree City. We got to finally play the Grays after all these years. They beat us 9-4 in a real good game. The Gray's are a solid team and well coached. The Gamers looked good this weekend taking the championship 10-1 over the Grays. Overall - a good tournament - very competitive...



Stinger1
I saw the game between your team and the Grays. Keep up the hard work because your team is really good and have good pitching. Enjoyed watching that game!
Go to Top of Page

SwingCoach

34 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  10:38:17  Show Profile
1 - Angels: best athletes, but look to be vulnerable. Skills gap is closing
2 - Astros: probably best all around team coaching/offense/defense. A few upgrades and they will be dangerous.
3 - Titans: just seem to keep hanging around. They can definitely hit.
4 - Bulldogs: struggling now, but talent and coaching will bring them around. Don't let past record fool you.
5 - Kearns: won a ton at the start of the season but not sure they were playing elite teams, decent.
6 - Select: need to compete with the top teams to determine if they are viable. Pitching is strength.
7 - Reebok: Had a few good wins. Will have to see if they can sustain momentum playing better teams.
8 - Gamers: Good pitching, but having some troubles.
9 - Acworth: Still easing into kp. Have traditionally been competitive but staying with cp last year did not help
10 - 643: Good talent but simply not winning a ton against the better teams.

Honorable mention:
Black Knights: not playing to potential.
Kennesaw: coming along. Have some strong throwers.
Yard Dogs: always competitive
Pirates: can play anyone on a given night. Have some good wins.

I think the top 3 or 4 teams have some separation over the rest of the group. Day in and day out they are always playing late on Sunday. The gap is closing between AA and the rest of the top 4. Still the team to beat, but several teams are closing in. Will be fun to watch the rest of the season unfold and will be really interesting to see how everyone does at Elite 32 and CABA World Series.
Go to Top of Page

kkelly8888

3 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  13:16:36  Show Profile
1. Angels - obvious choice for #1 but can be beat.
2. ECB Titans Beat Astros both times they played. Consistent hitting and pitching and seem to be in championship game.
3. ECB Astros 2 good pitchers and saves them for Sunday play. Smart baseball team.
4. HP Chilidogs Kearns solid pitching and solid hitting.
5. Bulldog Baseball The come back kids. Pulls out the victory when needed.
6. Acworth Warriors 1st year travel team, fast, strong, and scrappy. Moving up fast.
7. Kennesaw Generals the dark horse in the group, a team to watch climb.
8. Yard Dogs lights out or lights on, depends on the day.
9. ECB Reebok great talent and will move up by end of season.
10. ECB Black Knights just beating out 6-4-3 for the last spot.


This list is as solid as it gets and will change from week to week. One thing for sure is for every tournament any of the above teams are in you will most likely see them in the semi-finals and/or all the way to the finals. Therefore, the road to the Championship game will be through these teams.
Go to Top of Page

andre6

173 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  13:28:17  Show Profile
I notice that you have two things you noted on here. East Cobb kids are getting the best coaching/offense/defense. The Angels best athletes. Now that hit home cause 20 years ago I use to hear the same old story when attended highschool in DeKalb County. My school had athletes and the other school in the north end was coached well and this and that. Those kids work hard to get where they are bottom line. They all go get training and work their tail off to be king of the hill. In fact I wish I had kids that get outside help as both of your teams do. So my point is give them what they are the best 9 u team in Georgia right now head to head. I guess my question really is they can play but they are raw? Or is this another term used like 20 years ago they are not a well or advanced coach group of kids their natural ability is what's getting them by?


quote:
Originally posted by SwingCoach

1 - Angels: best athletes, but look to be vulnerable. Skills gap is closing
2 - Astros: probably best all around team coaching/offense/defense. A few upgrades and they will be dangerous.
3 - Titans: just seem to keep hanging around. They can definitely hit.
4 - Bulldogs: struggling now, but talent and coaching will bring them around. Don't let past record fool you.
5 - Kearns: won a ton at the start of the season but not sure they were playing elite teams, decent.
6 - Select: need to compete with the top teams to determine if they are viable. Pitching is strength.
7 - Reebok: Had a few good wins. Will have to see if they can sustain momentum playing better teams.
8 - Gamers: Good pitching, but having some troubles.
9 - Acworth: Still easing into kp. Have traditionally been competitive but staying with cp last year did not help
10 - 643: Good talent but simply not winning a ton against the better teams.

Honorable mention:
Black Knights: not playing to potential.
Kennesaw: coming along. Have some strong throwers.
Yard Dogs: always competitive
Pirates: can play anyone on a given night. Have some good wins.

I think the top 3 or 4 teams have some separation over the rest of the group. Day in and day out they are always playing late on Sunday. The gap is closing between AA and the rest of the top 4. Still the team to beat, but several teams are closing in. Will be fun to watch the rest of the season unfold and will be really interesting to see how everyone does at Elite 32 and CABA World Series.

Go to Top of Page

SwingCoach

34 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  16:43:54  Show Profile
Andre,

No disrespect intended, either to the kids or the coaches. They are great athletes, no question. Each one of those kids is a better athlete than almost any other 9u kid out there. They are fast, big, have great hand-eye and all can field and throw very well. Meant to be a compliment not a negative remark. Today they are the best team in Georgia - the reason I had them number 1. The comments on the coaching/offense/defense was to say the other teams are well-rounded. Just a comment on their ranking, certainly not a comparison. The Angels record speaks for itself, really doesnt matter how you get there. Nothing wrong with natural ability. Nothing wrong with good coaching. Some win with ability, some with coaching, some with both. I would say the Angels have both. The Angels will continue to be number one until someone beats them, several times. And that might never happen.
Go to Top of Page

The Train

2 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  08:55:47  Show Profile
Just FYI:

Kennesaw has beaten the Titans twice, Reebok, Gamers, Acworth, Black Knights 3 times, Yard Dogs.

quote:
Originally posted by SwingCoach

1 - Angels: best athletes, but look to be vulnerable. Skills gap is closing
2 - Astros: probably best all around team coaching/offense/defense. A few upgrades and they will be dangerous.
3 - Titans: just seem to keep hanging around. They can definitely hit.
4 - Bulldogs: struggling now, but talent and coaching will bring them around. Don't let past record fool you.
5 - Kearns: won a ton at the start of the season but not sure they were playing elite teams, decent.
6 - Select: need to compete with the top teams to determine if they are viable. Pitching is strength.
7 - Reebok: Had a few good wins. Will have to see if they can sustain momentum playing better teams.
8 - Gamers: Good pitching, but having some troubles.
9 - Acworth: Still easing into kp. Have traditionally been competitive but staying with cp last year did not help
10 - 643: Good talent but simply not winning a ton against the better teams.

Honorable mention:
Black Knights: not playing to potential.
Kennesaw: coming along. Have some strong throwers.
Yard Dogs: always competitive
Pirates: can play anyone on a given night. Have some good wins.

I think the top 3 or 4 teams have some separation over the rest of the group. Day in and day out they are always playing late on Sunday. The gap is closing between AA and the rest of the top 4. Still the team to beat, but several teams are closing in. Will be fun to watch the rest of the season unfold and will be really interesting to see how everyone does at Elite 32 and CABA World Series.

Go to Top of Page

Stinger1

59 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  16:09:15  Show Profile
Thanks kaytrishjr. My team has gotten alot stronger - I believe we can get into the top ten we just need to be more consistant. We have played alot of the above teams and played competitive in most. We just have to stop digging a hole in the first inning in many games and by the time we start to wake up the game time has expired. We have work to do - my kids are working hard and they continue to improve....
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  08:19:12  Show Profile
The Train

JUST FYI:
I don't think anyone takes Kennesaw for granted. Several of these teams listed below have played/beaten each other on any given day and might be ranked above or below each other. The 9U teams are very close and can win/lose pending the matchup on the mound. Most true baseball people grade and rank the teams on overall depth vs. who we beat 1x or 2xs. SwingCoach-gave you an honorable mention- Get over it!

OK, Here is some love for the Generals as you guys continue to beg for it on the NWBA forum- This is my overall observation about the "Kennesaw Generals" posts on this board- You have some big wins this year but will not be taken serious in the travel ball community if you play Triple Crown events, AAA USSSA tournaments. Even if you win the TC Silver bracket in Cumming-tonyellis. It appears your team is registered and playing more AAA instead of Major tournaments. We both know your kids can play! Coaches believe in your boys and register for the MAJOR events- ATL Super NIT, etc.. next year. I think you might be surprised how well they do?






quote:
Originally posted by The Train

Just FYI:

Kennesaw has beaten the Titans twice, Reebok, Gamers, Acworth, Black Knights 3 times, Yard Dogs.

quote:
Originally posted by SwingCoach

1 - Angels: best athletes, but look to be vulnerable. Skills gap is closing
2 - Astros: probably best all around team coaching/offense/defense. A few upgrades and they will be dangerous.
3 - Titans: just seem to keep hanging around. They can definitely hit.
4 - Bulldogs: struggling now, but talent and coaching will bring them around. Don't let past record fool you.
5 - Kearns: won a ton at the start of the season but not sure they were playing elite teams, decent.
6 - Select: need to compete with the top teams to determine if they are viable. Pitching is strength.
7 - Reebok: Had a few good wins. Will have to see if they can sustain momentum playing better teams.
8 - Gamers: Good pitching, but having some troubles.
9 - Acworth: Still easing into kp. Have traditionally been competitive but staying with cp last year did not help
10 - 643: Good talent but simply not winning a ton against the better teams.

Honorable mention:
Black Knights: not playing to potential.
Kennesaw: coming along. Have some strong throwers.
Yard Dogs: always competitive
Pirates: can play anyone on a given night. Have some good wins.

I think the top 3 or 4 teams have some separation over the rest of the group. Day in and day out they are always playing late on Sunday. The gap is closing between AA and the rest of the top 4. Still the team to beat, but several teams are closing in. Will be fun to watch the rest of the season unfold and will be really interesting to see how everyone does at Elite 32 and CABA World Series.




Edited by - 3up3down on 04/26/2012 08:28:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000