Sponsorship
Opportunities

Sponsored Links
Cherokee Batting Range
Georgia Stars
Georgia Jackets
Flush Baseball
Forsyth Grizzlies - Georgia Octane
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA Links
To Indexes

Cooperstown
Tournaments
Join NWBA Team Insurance
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 9U General Discussion
 9u Major State
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

C. MORTON

1051 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2012 :  14:22:38  Show Profile
Is anyone going to sign up and play? Do the elite 32 teams have to play state?

gwtstorm

68 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2012 :  20:34:38  Show Profile
The Gwinnett Storm will be there...
Go to Top of Page

RedWhiteBlue

8 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  12:45:20  Show Profile
Is there a link to the Elite 32 tournament?
Go to Top of Page

gwtstorm

68 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  10:23:58  Show Profile
There were some interesting matchups/games last night. The split format will make every game extremely important. Can't wait to see the results. Will this be "The Rematch" or will a team like HP-Kearns,Gamers, or Black Knights steal the Angels/Bulldogs thunder? Any predictions?
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  15:47:23  Show Profile
Interesting format for the USSSA 9U State with only 8 teams advancing to bracket.
There will be some very good teams going home early. Just for fun, I will pick em' for bracket play. Good Luck to all teams - The Love Dr.
I will be lucky to get 50% correct, It is 9U baseball. lol

Thursday Picks:
HP Lewis Over Newton Heat
HP Kerns Over 643DP
Angels Over Newton Heat
Black Knights Over Walton Warriors
HP Kearns Over Atlanta Thunder
Astros Over HP Lewis

Friday Picks:
Bulldogs Over Black Knights...Both teams are Hot and this will be a great game!
Storm Over Thunder
Bulldogs Over Crush...Crush could be a spoiler and beat the Bulldogs.
Yard Dogs Over Pirates
Crush Over Walton Warriors
Gammers Over the Newton Rage

Go to Top of Page

GM1

65 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  15:51:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
http://www.gausssabaseball.com/sa.cfm?TPID=115
Is there a link to the Elite 32 tournament?

Go to Top of Page

Slider5

43 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  18:32:35  Show Profile
Since the top 8 move on, how important will it be to pitch the top pitchers early on? Interesting....
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  07:21:21  Show Profile
Wins & Pitching early in bracket play is huge.
No reason to save arms and go home early!
$525 bucks to play 2 bracket games and make a run in CONSOLATION.

Thursday Picks
5 out of 6

Great showing by the Newton Heat
Beat HP Lewis and battled the Angels

Edited by - 3up3down on 06/15/2012 08:55:58
Go to Top of Page

mrbama31

252 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  08:45:09  Show Profile
This is why this tournament starts on Wednesday. I am sure most if not all the teams are throwing their top pitchers in an effort to make the top 8 and then reload for Saturday and Sunday.

quote:
Originally posted by Slider5

Since the top 8 move on, how important will it be to pitch the top pitchers early on? Interesting....

Go to Top of Page

GM1

65 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  22:21:19  Show Profile
What a great couple days of baseball at the east Cobb complex. Who was the team that suprized you the most and who was the big dissapointment. I hope everybody is ready in the morning. It looks like there may be some upsets this year.
Go to Top of Page

GM1

65 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  23:47:02  Show Profile
http://www.gausssabaseball.com/sa.cfm?TPID=115
FIRST THREE DAYS AT STATE!
Go to Top of Page

WestCoastGuru

148 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  20:31:13  Show Profile
I see where the Angels won the first game in the championship round, does anybody have an update on the final game?
Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  21:31:27  Show Profile
I heard the Angels won.
Go to Top of Page

WestCoastGuru

148 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  22:44:38  Show Profile
So there was a second championship game?
Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  23:27:37  Show Profile
Yes. The Angels had to beat the Black Knights twice.
Go to Top of Page

TexasBall

3 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  23:48:03  Show Profile
East Cobb Black knights and Walton Warriors were big surprises.
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  10:57:36  Show Profile
Did the Angels win it?

The Angels can hit, run & pitch but are not as impressive defensivly compared to some others. I was told this group plays baseball year round and does not encourage football/basketball players. Cannot confirm if this is true? If so, I look for 1 sport burnout prior to 12U for these kids. This would be sad, very talented kids are in the balance!

I was most impressed with the Black Knights play this weekend.
The Knights also made an impressive Sunday run 2 weeks at triple crown state.

It appeared some teams added some new players to the weekend roster?

Edited by - 3up3down on 06/18/2012 12:45:01
Go to Top of Page

coach32

18 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  11:26:10  Show Profile
Congrats to the Atlanta Angels for winning the USSSA State Championship! Also, congrats to the East Cobb Black Knights for finishing second (Knights have placed second both at Triple Crown State and USSSA State). They gave the Angels a run for it, beating the Angels Sunday morning! Angels did come back to beat the Black Knights twice Sunday afternoon/evening to win the championship.
Go to Top of Page

sacaball

14 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  11:27:46  Show Profile
Coaches Curt/Kerry Contrats to 9U Atlanta Angels on winning USSSA State.

Although many teams seem to feel they've closed the gap the Angels continue to show they are still the team for all to beat in the state of Georgia.
You guys have set a high bar and the rest of us will continue to strive to reach.
Best of luck in the Elite 32, you guys will respents 9U Georgia baseball well.
Go to Top of Page

ATLDEE

41 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  12:20:29  Show Profile
WOW!!!!

To answer your question yes we did win.....

To state that we are not as impressive defensively as other teams is as off target as you can get... IF you watched any games in our age group you will not find another in-feild that plays the way our play. So I would ask you which teams have better defensive?

The last time I looked at baseball ptiching was considered defensive.

So let's look at this weekends numbers we play 8 game went 7-1 and won the championship:

Runs scored: 89
Runs Allowed: 31
Avg scored: 11.125
Avg Allowed 3.875

Differnce: +7.25

I believe we turned the most double plays this week and surely you are not suggesting we struck everyone out...

Now as far as your claim that we are a one sport team:

Football: 5 kids
Basketball: 8 kids
Baseball only: 3

We play a fall schedule as do most teams that play on a major level but we have kids doing other sports as well...

Check your numbers and your fact before making statement on BLOG sites as it pertain to kids..it is one thing to give your thoughts on rankings or to give tournament predictions we all do that but to start taking away from teams abilities especially those that are doing as well as they are you are completely out of line... The numbers and the records speak for themselves and you will not find an Angels parent(well maybe one) that runs through the street beatin our chests. The Mantra in our camp is "This is a marathon not a sprint" So while it is good to win as often as we do.. we understand at 18 no one will ask for our 6u-9u resume.

But on the flip side because we have been somewhat successful others try to find every reason to detract from that without anything factual, but they are based on speculations and here say. That singular issue is the one thing that bothers me the most. Individuals that hear our record and then come out hoping to see 9U kids performing pecfect baseball will be sadly mistaken with us.. We make many of the same mistakes that most 9U major teams do..but we make some plays that most won't. The product you see on the field is nothing short of the hard work and dedication from the coaching staff, players and parents much like the rest of the travel ball community.

Sorry for my rant but I had to address this...and for those who want to know something about our team just ask us...


On a lighter not the East Cobb Black Knight played great ball this weekend and with a never quit spirit in them Hats off to the staff and the parents....




quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

Did the Angels win it?

The Angels can hit, run & pitch but are not as impressive defensivly compared to some others. I was told this group plays baseball year round and does not encourage football/basketball players. Cannot confirm if this is true? If so, I look for 1 sport burnout prior to 12U for these kids. This would be sad, very talented kids are in the balance!

I was most impressed with the Black Knights play this weekend.
The Knights also made an impressive Sunday run 2 weeks at triple crown state.

Go to Top of Page

sicemdawgs

25 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  12:34:42  Show Profile
quote:
So while it is good to win as often as we do.. we understand at 18 no one will ask for our 6u-9u resume.


Ha, well put, Coach! Congrats to you and the Black Knights for another great tourney!
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  13:01:39  Show Profile
ATLDEE

There was no disrespect with your team. I am impressed to watch as always. You are correct, pitching is defense! There is hard work in all travel baseball teams from the coaches to the parents. Not trying to put out false information about any team and glad you clarified. Not that it matters but you proved again why the Angels are still the team to beat. Good luck the rest of the year! I hope to see more of the Angels next year at the 10U level!

quote:
Originally posted by ATLDEE

WOW!!!!

To answer your question yes we did win.....

To state that we are not as impressive defensively as other teams is as off target as you can get... IF you watched any games in our age group you will not find another in-feild that plays the way our play. So I would ask you which teams have better defensive?

The last time I looked at baseball ptiching was considered defensive.

So let's look at this weekends numbers we play 8 game went 7-1 and won the championship:

Runs scored: 89
Runs Allowed: 31
Avg scored: 11.125
Avg Allowed 3.875

Differnce: +7.25

I believe we turned the most double plays this week and surely you are not suggesting we struck everyone out...

Now as far as your claim that we are a one sport team:

Football: 5 kids
Basketball: 8 kids
Baseball only: 3

We play a fall schedule as do most teams that play on a major level but we have kids doing other sports as well...

Check your numbers and your fact before making statement on BLOG sites as it pertain to kids..it is one thing to give your thoughts on rankings or to give tournament predictions we all do that but to start taking away from teams abilities especially those that are doing as well as they are you are completely out of line... The numbers and the records speak for themselves and you will not find an Angels parent(well maybe one) that runs through the street beatin our chests. The Mantra in our camp is "This is a marathon not a sprint" So while it is good to win as often as we do.. we understand at 18 no one will ask for our 6u-9u resume.

But on the flip side because we have been somewhat successful others try to find every reason to detract from that without anything factual, but they are based on speculations and here say. That singular issue is the one thing that bothers me the most. Individuals that hear our record and then come out hoping to see 9U kids performing pecfect baseball will be sadly mistaken with us.. We make many of the same mistakes that most 9U major teams do..but we make some plays that most won't. The product you see on the field is nothing short of the hard work and dedication from the coaching staff, players and parents much like the rest of the travel ball community.

Sorry for my rant but I had to address this...and for those who want to know something about our team just ask us...


On a lighter not the East Cobb Black Knight played great ball this weekend and with a never quit spirit in them Hats off to the staff and the parents....




quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

Did the Angels win it?

The Angels can hit, run & pitch but are not as impressive defensivly compared to some others. I was told this group plays baseball year round and does not encourage football/basketball players. Cannot confirm if this is true? If so, I look for 1 sport burnout prior to 12U for these kids. This would be sad, very talented kids are in the balance!

I was most impressed with the Black Knights play this weekend.
The Knights also made an impressive Sunday run 2 weeks at triple crown state.



Go to Top of Page

TexasBall

3 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  15:02:36  Show Profile
ATLDEE, I agree with you 100%
Go to Top of Page

biglucy13

99 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  17:35:50  Show Profile
your right adl,people do like to run there mouth,so much it causes friction between coaches on the field,i said before and i will say again angels are the best team out there right now,and we strive to compete with you each week.and your kids there sportsmanship is great,i enjoy being on the field with them.all i ask is that all coaches let these kids bats and defense and pitching decide how games turnout,not coaches comments or actions getting in the heads of kids,there 9.at 13 i agree that will be acceptable tactics cause like you said at 13 there 4 years away from going to next level and being able to take mental issues will be more important than anything.in closing congrats again angels on winning,and hopefully we can all make some noise at elite 32,remember when we leave this state we are as one for the most part,cause we are representing GA.GOD bless to all
Go to Top of Page

Stat an

28 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  12:06:35  Show Profile
The insinuation from this post is that the Atlanta Angel's coaches say things to get into the head of the opposition's kid's heads. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Angels players go into every game with a huge X on their backs. Every game they play they are expected by observers to play perfectly and win. They get the oppositions best efforts and perform admirably consistently. The Atlanta Angel coaches ARE trying to get into the head of nine year old players...the Atlanta Angel players. They constantly reminding them that although almost everyone at the park is waiting for you to lose you can win. They are encouraged to believe that all the work they have put in will result in success, in a sport where failure is the norm. And they are expected to perform at a high level while not expected to play perfectly. The antics of our coach may be hated by others but it's brilliant in it's design. All the pressure and hatred is deflected off the kids and on to the coach. The coaches or fans never address or defame children on the opposition's team, as we don't expect this to happen to our kids either. The Atlanta Angels don't need to get into the heads of their opposition for an advantage. Their bats, gloves, pitching and intelligence are enough to compete with the best 9U teams in the country. We look forward to representing Georgia well in the Travelball Select World Series next week as well as at the Elite 32. And we will be cheering loudly for all the Georgia teams!
Go to Top of Page

biglucy13

99 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  18:27:36  Show Profile
Stat an I hear ya and I understand what your saying. Keep up the good work. And good luck to y'all.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000