Sponsorship
Opportunities

Sponsored Links
Georgia Octane
Service Baseball
Dingers Athletics
Out of the Park
Perfect Game
Cherokee Batting Range
Georgia Stars
NEXTLVL 3.5
Precision Baseball
RBI Tournaments
Jr Chiefs Baseball
Gwinnett County Baseball
Georgia Jackets
Greater Atlanta USSSA
Training Legends
Middle School Matchup
Quick Links
Cooperstown
Tournaments
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA Links
To Indexes

Cooperstown
Tournaments
Join NWBA Team Insurance
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 12U General Discussion
 Summer Showdown 6/16 Lake City FL Utrip
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaxbaseball13u@live.com

101 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  14:40:36  Show Profile
Solid field and some hot teams ans not so hot teams. Who will catch fire? I smell some upsets early in the elimination where the scores can really change.

Blue Claws and Elite pro in champion showdown.

Edited by - jaxbaseball13u@live.com on 06/12/2012 14:44:07

5220 Fans

112 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  20:46:09  Show Profile
I dont even see the Claws listed. Or am I missing something?
Go to Top of Page

rbr08

40 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  22:04:19  Show Profile
TPX and Ghosts in championship if on opposite side of brackets. They are the two strongest teams in tourney.

quote:
Originally posted by BangTheBox

Top Five in no order till we see brackets

Blueclaws
Elite Pro Acadamy
CBC Riverhawks
Gainesville Ghosts

Go to Top of Page

jaxbaseball13u@live.com

101 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  10:56:29  Show Profile
Gotta go with top 4 in order
1 NF Hurricanes-two TPX pickups/Renegades after the debacle allow this team the strnength of pitching, hittin and D to make the team so dynamic they will be hard to stop.

2 Elite Pro Ball-A classy group with the scrap to beat better talented teams.

3 CBC Riverhawks-Team comes first for this one and they are well coached. Pitching is key. They conserve early they could win it all.

4 Gainesville Ghosts-If in the zone tp to bottomn they win. Most talent top to clay but have to harness it.

Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  23:36:33  Show Profile
Since we will not be able to smell some steaming hot blue claws pinching off some victories and stealing bases like chicken gizzards in a crab trap. They are the hottest team in Northeast FLA. We will roll with



1. North Florida Hurricanes – New stars added to team will more than solidify much needed specialties. Experienced head coach.

2. CBC Riverhawks – Coach Stubbs and company have them peaking at the right time. Hungry for play after the rain. Solid coach and staff behind him.

3. Gainesville Ghosts – Solid fundamentals and motivational skipper with a musical following. If bats catch fire at the right time they win it all. If they grow cold look for an early exit.

4. Jacksonville Whitecaps – Grapevine says this team is honing the skills. Look for them to make noise and upset a team or two. Have one of the best coaches in the tourney.

5. Team TPX 12u (Grey) – Strong group that is surely going to flex the muscles after being pillaged due to in-house needs. Solid young coach.

6. Team TPX- Coach lost two top level players to the Hurricanes and a good luck charm in the stands. Hearing they possibly have peaked a few weeks too early.

7. CBC RiverHawks 11u – Not the same team as last year. This is due to the puberty level of the 12’s across the board. Still a solid team and coaching staff. If this were last year they come in 2nd without a doubt.

8. Elite Pro Ball Academy – Do not count them out. If hot watch out.

9. Georgia Guns – Who knows what can happen when the guns are a blazing.

Go to Top of Page

5220 Fans

112 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  08:56:41  Show Profile
If they are the hottest team in North Fla, I dont think they should have LOST to a very good AA team in De-Land recently. Just sayin!!!!


quote:
Originally posted by captainron

Since we will not be able to smell some steaming hot blue claws pinching off some victories and stealing bases like chicken gizzards in a crab trap. They are the hottest team in Northeast FLA. We will roll with



1. North Florida Hurricanes – New stars added to team will more than solidify much needed specialties. Experienced head coach.

2. CBC Riverhawks – Coach Stubbs and company have them peaking at the right time. Hungry for play after the rain. Solid coach and staff behind him.

3. Gainesville Ghosts – Solid fundamentals and motivational skipper with a musical following. If bats catch fire at the right time they win it all. If they grow cold look for an early exit.

4. Jacksonville Whitecaps – Grapevine says this team is honing the skills. Look for them to make noise and upset a team or two. Have one of the best coaches in the tourney.

5. Team TPX 12u (Grey) – Strong group that is surely going to flex the muscles after being pillaged due to in-house needs. Solid young coach.

6. Team TPX- Coach lost two top level players to the Hurricanes and a good luck charm in the stands. Hearing they possibly have peaked a few weeks too early.

7. CBC RiverHawks 11u – Not the same team as last year. This is due to the puberty level of the 12’s across the board. Still a solid team and coaching staff. If this were last year they come in 2nd without a doubt.

8. Elite Pro Ball Academy – Do not count them out. If hot watch out.

9. Georgia Guns – Who knows what can happen when the guns are a blazing.



Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  20:07:34  Show Profile
Great point. Yes beaten by a AAA team at the beginning of May. That team has beaten other descent teams soundly (Team Combat 10-2 and TPX 10-0). When they put it together it isn’t a joke. That is the mark of good teams and this is baseball. All teams are going to lose a few here and there even to teams of “lower levels”. Find that these levels do not add up to a hill of beans when 12 year olds decide they are going to play any team can win.

As for hottest team that is for the moment it can all change like the wind. When teams have cohesion and no threat of a revolving door they play better as a team. Too many teams rob Peter to pay Paul when it comes to player recruiting and acquiring help for tournaments. Coaches would be better off to only add when they have to (i.e., injury or player/parents leaving) and not create drama by bringing in ringers or creating drama to create openings. There is one program nearby that is on the verge of implosion by coaching and too much of a good thing.

Mr. 5220Fans, riddle me this: Who is hotter at the moment?
Go to Top of Page

5220 Fans

112 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  06:37:47  Show Profile
Ole Capt Ron.....there is NO riddle required, you answered your own question:

As for hottest team that is for the moment it can all change like the wind

That is why it doesnt matter at this point. Any team is going to loose at any time. Things will start to (=) out next season ie...those h/r that the claws hit will be nothing but a pop-fly. I have said on other posts, I am NOT impressed by the long ball at the 12u age group.



quote:
Originally posted by captainron

Great point. Yes beaten by a AAA team at the beginning of May. That team has beaten other descent teams soundly (Team Combat 10-2 and TPX 10-0). When they put it together it isn’t a joke. That is the mark of good teams and this is baseball. All teams are going to lose a few here and there even to teams of “lower levels”. Find that these levels do not add up to a hill of beans when 12 year olds decide they are going to play any team can win.

As for hottest team that is for the moment it can all change like the wind. When teams have cohesion and no threat of a revolving door they play better as a team. Too many teams rob Peter to pay Paul when it comes to player recruiting and acquiring help for tournaments. Coaches would be better off to only add when they have to (i.e., injury or player/parents leaving) and not create drama by bringing in ringers or creating drama to create openings. There is one program nearby that is on the verge of implosion by coaching and too much of a good thing.

Mr. 5220Fans, riddle me this: Who is hotter at the moment?

Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  11:41:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by 5220 Fans

Ole Capt Ron.....there is NO riddle required, you answered your own question:

As for hottest team that is for the moment it can all change like the wind

That is why it doesnt matter at this point. Any team is going to loose at any time. Things will start to (=) out next season ie...those h/r that the claws hit will be nothing but a pop-fly. I have said on other posts, I am NOT impressed by the long ball at the 12u age group.



quote:
Originally posted by captainron

Great point. Yes beaten by a AAA team at the beginning of May. That team has beaten other descent teams soundly (Team Combat 10-2 and TPX 10-0). When they put it together it isn’t a joke. That is the mark of good teams and this is baseball. All teams are going to lose a few here and there even to teams of “lower levels”. Find that these levels do not add up to a hill of beans when 12 year olds decide they are going to play any team can win.

As for hottest team that is for the moment it can all change like the wind. When teams have cohesion and no threat of a revolving door they play better as a team. Too many teams rob Peter to pay Paul when it comes to player recruiting and acquiring help for tournaments. Coaches would be better off to only add when they have to (i.e., injury or player/parents leaving) and not create drama by bringing in ringers or creating drama to create openings. There is one program nearby that is on the verge of implosion by coaching and too much of a good thing.

Mr. 5220Fans, riddle me this: Who is hotter at the moment?




You reminded me of something my JUCO coach said to us. "It takes a real man to hit the fence in the gap on the ground" He was basically saying shorten your scope and approach and drive the ball.
Go to Top of Page

rbr08

40 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  21:08:48  Show Profile
Great job TPX and TPX Grey!!!!! Some great baseball played today. Good win going into Cooperstown in a couple weeks.
Go to Top of Page

rbr08

40 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  08:23:44  Show Profile
You were right about canes defense and pitching in semi-final game but only managed one hit in 6 innings against TPX pitching.

quote:
Originally posted by jaxbaseball13u@live.com

Gotta go with top 4 in order
1 NF Hurricanes-two TPX pickups/Renegades after the debacle allow this team the strnength of pitching, hittin and D to make the team so dynamic they will be hard to stop.

2 Elite Pro Ball-A classy group with the scrap to beat better talented teams.

3 CBC Riverhawks-Team comes first for this one and they are well coached. Pitching is key. They conserve early they could win it all.

4 Gainesville Ghosts-If in the zone tp to bottomn they win. Most talent top to clay but have to harness it.



Go to Top of Page

rbr08

40 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  13:14:55  Show Profile
Two great pitching outings by TPX against Hawks and Canes (one hitter). Good tourney win going into Cooperstown the end of this month.

quote:
Originally posted by jaxbaseball13u@live.com

Gotta go with top 4 in order
1 NF Hurricanes-two TPX pickups/Renegades after the debacle allow this team the strnength of pitching, hittin and D to make the team so dynamic they will be hard to stop.

2 Elite Pro Ball-A classy group with the scrap to beat better talented teams.

3 CBC Riverhawks-Team comes first for this one and they are well coached. Pitching is key. They conserve early they could win it all.

4 Gainesville Ghosts-If in the zone tp to bottomn they win. Most talent top to clay but have to harness it.



Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  20:55:00  Show Profile
There is no clear cut number 2 after the Blue Claws. I would give it to North Florida since the flashover of the two players. After the rollover they have the most potential for improvement at this point from a player and coaching perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by nfbm

Yep, the Canes boys lost 3-2 holding TPX to TWO HITS in 6 innings.

Would of like to see TPX hit against Elite Pro & Ghosts, while they have left too many games close as a Major team.

Good luck to all teams the remainder of the season and to the ones going to C-town.

Go to Top of Page

is it spring yet

30 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  21:17:46  Show Profile
Major AAA AA, It doesnt really matter, They are all 12, and that was a great game between two teams of 12 yr old young men. Great pitching on both sides. Great drama at the end. Someones got to win and someones got to loose, In the end it really doesnt matter. Ive never understood the reasoning of, Yeah they are better than we are but thats ok because they are major and we are AAA. They are all the same age. Any team can beat any team on any given day.
Go to Top of Page

rbr08

40 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  23:23:03  Show Profile
I would say claws are number two behind TPX since they won the last 2 times they have played. Both teams can hit and play d but TPX has more pitching depth.


quote:
Originally posted by captainron

There is no clear cut number 2 after the Blue Claws. I would give it to North Florida since the flashover of the two players. After the rollover they have the most potential for improvement at this point from a player and coaching perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by nfbm

Yep, the Canes boys lost 3-2 holding TPX to TWO HITS in 6 innings.

Would of like to see TPX hit against Elite Pro & Ghosts, while they have left too many games close as a Major team.

Good luck to all teams the remainder of the season and to the ones going to C-town.



Go to Top of Page

Blackfox

53 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  11:28:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by is it spring yet

Major AAA AA, It doesnt really matter, They are all 12, and that was a great game between two teams of 12 yr old young men. Great pitching on both sides. Great drama at the end. Someones got to win and someones got to loose, In the end it really doesnt matter. Ive never understood the reasoning of, Yeah they are better than we are but thats ok because they are major and we are AAA. They are all the same age. Any team can beat any team on any given day.



Major teams carry seasoned players while AAA-AA are developing for Major play. Major teams should be able to win Major tournies like NIT's, Triple Crown. When bats are stale your power ranking slip in the state which should matter along with your reputation.
Go to Top of Page

rcufg1

5 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  22:33:20  Show Profile
I love everybody. I wish every game could end in a tie so no one wou ld have to lose. Good luck to everyone, no matter what team you play for or who you support.
Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  14:09:04  Show Profile
Congrats to the TPX A & P teams on the Summer Showdown. Nfbm raises a curious point. Had they played other teams or even if the Blue Claws been onsite it would have made it more interesting.

Yes Blue Claus struggled early on in spring but focused and meshed. Lets look at recent tournaments and put in perspective like springtime said any team can beat any team so head to head is not as important as we all may think. The true test is the tourneys. As for pitching after the TPX ace the drop off sharp due to inconsistency with mechanics and command of the zone. The Hurricanes are a 'steady state fire' with a coach that is implementing 'tactical ventilation' to keep the players improving and developing. As for the Blue Claws here is a recent checklisting:

NE Florida State Championship first place=Check
Georgia/Florida Showdown NIT first place=Check
Triple Crown Florida State Championships first place=Check
Ethical, moral and caring coaching staff=Check
Program with longevity=check
quote:
Originally posted by rbr08

I would say claws are number two behind TPX since they won the last 2 times they have played. Both teams can hit and play d but TPX has more pitching depth.


quote:
Originally posted by captainron

There is no clear cut number 2 after the Blue Claws. I would give it to North Florida since the flashover of the two players. After the rollover they have the most potential for improvement at this point from a player and coaching perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by nfbm

Yep, the Canes boys lost 3-2 holding TPX to TWO HITS in 6 innings.

Would of like to see TPX hit against Elite Pro & Ghosts, while they have left too many games close as a Major team.

Good luck to all teams the remainder of the season and to the ones going to C-town.





Go to Top of Page

rcufg1

5 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  18:45:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by captainron

Congrats to the TPX A & P teams on the Summer Showdown. Nfbm raises a curious point. Had they played other teams or even if the Blue Claws been onsite it would have made it more interesting.




Captain, you can only play the teams that you are matched against. I would bet TPX would have gladly played any team that filled the other dugout. There is a dislike for a certain aspect of the TPX team but lets give credit to the 11 boys on that team that play their heart out every weekend and have a never give up attitude. My son is a member of that team and he just wants to play ball. He is excited to play at every opportunity and quite frankly he absolutely loves to play the top teams like Team Florida, East Cobb Braves, etc. The BlueClaws are a different story as he is friends with most on that team and likes hanging out with them at the park and watching their games. Isn't that what this is all about opposed to the ridiculous banter that happens on this board.

As far as a dropoff after the TPX ace, I would be curious to know who you think that ace is. We have several pitchers that could fill that bill and inconsistency is a part of 12U baseball on any team. Including the above mentioned teams.

A member of your team came up to me and my son in a store recently because they recognized my son without any stitch of TPX gear on. Very nice father and son and it was great to have that interaction. Youth baseball should be more about that than what this board turns it into.

Good Luck to all and I personally will be rooting for the BlueClaws in Cooperstown this week. That's right, I won't be sitting on my computer and watching scores hoping that they lose like many of you will be next week when TPX is in Cooperstown.

Go TPX, I am proud of all of you boys!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-19 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000