PG charging for kids??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2018 :  23:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
per PG tournament website.

Tournament Pass: 35.00 USD (Per Person) - Entry to all games for this tournament
Daily Pass: 10.00 USD (Per Person) - Entry to all games for a specific day
Per GHSA Rules, children will be charged $3.

Since when does GHSA have anything to do with PG and when did they start requiring a private entity to charge for children?

SuperStar

257 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2018 :  16:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's $15.00 a day for summer rates. $5.00 to park and $10.00 to get in. They are scheduling the teams for 1 pool play game a day intentionally so they can can make more money off of each family. It's brutal for sure. They are ripping people a "new you know what". Pretty soon they will have folks watching from the parking lot.

This doesn't include the concession stand prices which rival any major sporting event. I can tell you I don't like it, but I guess in the long run it is what it is. You either pay it or you don't go.

Edited by - SuperStar on 05/21/2018 17:16:08
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2018 :  18:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No idea about GHSA, think that might be a typo. I do know that kids usually cost money until Memorial Day.
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2018 :  18:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not a typo. I cut and pasted it. And the tournament I am referencing is after Memorial Day. This is the first summer I have seen a charge for kids at PG.
Go to Top of Page

bbsis

42 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2018 :  23:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget to factor in the gas money each and every day for an entire week sometimes. I suppose they have to schedule one pool play game per day to make it worthwhile for out of state teams; they would probably diminish if they had 2 games one day then zero games the next day during pool play.
Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2018 :  09:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the parking is a Lakepoint issue and not PG. This topic has been hashed out and beaten to a pulp over the years since Lakepoint was built. Unfortunately it seems like you would want to play games elsewhere and avoid LP and these fees vs playing at the prestigious venue.
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2018 :  11:02:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This post was not about parking fees at LP, one game per day, or the general cost of paying to watch your kid play in a tournament your team has already paid $1500-$2000 to play in.

I really just wanted to know when GHSA got involved with gate fees? I do not understand why GHSA would be involved with whether or not PG charges a fee for kids. I appreciate that is is only $3/day, but they used to be free.
Go to Top of Page

bama21

278 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2018 :  13:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that high school teams do play there, so there has to be some affiliation with the 2 entities. But not sure how they can justify charging that when no high school teams are playing.

On the flip side, being the facility is less than an hour from my house, I really can't complain a whole lot. Just one trip to Florida this year to play in a tournament will cost probably 10-20 times more than all the fees that Lake Point will charge for multiple visits throughout the summer and fall.

Edited by - bama21 on 05/22/2018 14:21:07
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2018 :  13:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed PG, they said it was an error. No kids charged for a tourney after 5/28. They said it would be corrected soon.
Go to Top of Page

SuperStar

257 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2018 :  18:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

I emailed PG, they said it was an error. No kids charged for a tourney after 5/28. They said it would be corrected soon.

I knew you would get to the bottom of it CaCO3Girl!

BaseballMom6..., the case is closed, have a nice day and you're welcome.

Edited by - SuperStar on 05/22/2018 20:41:10
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2018 :  08:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I have a 9 year old I had a vested interest ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Gatravelbaseball

56 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2018 :  10:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

That still doesn't explain why PG cites GHSA rules as an excuse for the charge.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2018 :  13:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gatravelbaseball

quote:

That still doesn't explain why PG cites GHSA rules as an excuse for the charge.

They hosted MANY high school games, that is where the GHSA rules come into play. Someone just cut and pasted old info.
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2018 :  15:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Someone just cut and pasted old info."

Thanks for the answer. I don't have any children that would be considered kids this summer, I was just curious. I'm sure you and many others will be happy not to have to pay for the young ones.

Guess PG needs to get a better proofreader.

Happy Summer everyone, time to play some ball!
Go to Top of Page

Elijah

26 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  14:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperStar

It's $15.00 a day for summer rates. $5.00 to park and $10.00 to get in. They are scheduling the teams for 1 pool play game a day intentionally so they can can make more money off of each family. It's brutal for sure. They are ripping people a "new you know what". Pretty soon they will have folks watching from the parking lot.

This doesn't include the concession stand prices which rival any major sporting event. I can tell you I don't like it, but I guess in the long run it is what it is. You either pay it or you don't go.

Before parking, we will need to pay another $105 in entry fees for this weekend's tournament for three people to watch my son. And we are lucky that we do not have to travel to LP. When there is no competition...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000