9U General Discussion
 End of season tourney for 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davepoteet1970

22 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2018 :  16:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Besides Grand Slam can anyone recommend a good 9u tournament after our 2018/2019 season. We are looking for a world series or some great tournament to end with in June/July 2019. Maybe you have played in one in past years and would recommend it.

MAHER

31 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2018 :  12:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the World Series events seem to do a good job and are on good fields:
We've been to a couple and I'm familiar with another.
Ultracompetitive Travel Ball (Must qualify): The best World Series I've seen is the USSSA DeMarini Elite World Series at Space Coast Stadium in Melbourne/Viera Florida (just south of Orlando). You have to qualify and the competition is not for the meek or weak (best 30 teams I saw all year - minus a couple of top 9U teams from Georgia)
Competitive Travel Ball: USSSA World Series - Gulf Shores (Alabama/Florida Line) (Rawlings Cobb and Carl Black Longhorns faced off in Championship of this one). Must qualify and very competitive but great location for baseball.
Competitive Travel Ball: Grand Slam World Series (Panama City Beach). Great venue. If you play Major in Atlanta, you should be upper 4 or 5 teams here. Times are reasonable, travel and stays are reasonable. Lots of fun things to do (too many?).
Something to consider: (Unsure about Competition or organization) Baseball Players Association isn't a group I'm familiar with but they have what has to be a budget-friendly and location friendly World Series - Chattanooga, TN. More at BPAWorldSeries.com

If you are eligible for the USSSA DeMarini Elite World Series in Melbourne AND don't mind perhaps going 2-4 or 4-4 to end the season, that would be my suggestion. Incredible stadium, turf everywhere (similar to Lakepointe but fields are all youth), jumbo tron, main Space Coast Stadium field (big league quality, youth-sized), tons of great vendors to test equipment, not as many distractions close to park, driveable/budget-friendly, beer in parking lot as an option and park sells beer (but I saw no "rowdiness"), competition at the top with teams from Cali, Texas, Carolinas, Tenn, etc. Teams fly in different players for bracket play. It's a big deal and your team will be tested.
Go to Top of Page

Longlivebaseball

7 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  00:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are not a major team the Grand Slam in PCB is an excellent choice for a 9u team. Decent competition, good fields, and lots to do for the families and kids. Obviously you have to play in a certain amount of Glam Slam tourneys but for a AAA/AA team thatís not a terrible idea anyway. If you just donít want to do GS then look at the Baseball Youth Nationals event in Myrtle Beach. Also decent competition, well run and the fields are all turf so the weather delays arenít as bad as PCB. Kids and families have plenty to do and they enjoy the skills competitions at the end for fastest base runner, HR derby , etc. and there is even an ALL-Star game. I think 9u is a little early but the Disney Wide World of Sports tourney in Orlando is a pretty good one as well.

Edited by - Longlivebaseball on 08/03/2018 09:11:09
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

158 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  10:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Son played in the E32 and Orange Beach this past season. Orange Beach is a great tourney for family fun, beaches and baseball. Elite 32 is a business trip...serious baseball...but also fun.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-21 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000