New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2018 :  07:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kids being kids. I think that it's fine within the margins like everything else. Pro baseball is more and more about personality along with performance. College baseball thrives on that aspect during the CWS. My son didn't do it but thats not his style. Heck, he didnt even have a mlb draft party when he was selected. I think he went to Buckhead with buddies and repeated it back at school when he went back with his baseball teammates. We (parents,famiily and friends in HHI) probably celebrated more when he made the Team USA CNT in 2017.
Go to Top of Page

Teeillz

12 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  13:59:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny how his “personality” is in question from ONE celebratory moment. This kid exudes team spirit (was on a team with my son), was being scouted/recruited by a LOT of top notch schools (speaks to his character and skills), and gets nothing but positive feedback from those that ACTUALLY know him. However, grown men, took the time out of their day to comment on his video, call him names, assasinate his character, and they have no clue who he is, merely because he chose to do something “different”... THATS WHATS BAD FOR BASEBALL, not his video, but these archaic ideologies and unwritten rules rooted in one thought process judging others who generationally and culturally differ. This is the root of the post-season commercial where Ken Griffey told ALL OF US “to let the kid’s play”. Just because things change, doesn’t mean it’s changing for the worst because it’s the change you’re not comfy with. Let’s encourage GOOD kids who have dedicated and sacrificed to get to this point, instead of tearing them down

Edited by - Teeillz on 12/07/2018 16:03:16
Go to Top of Page

263 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2018 :  09:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a link for the video? Congrats to the kid for accomplishing his goals!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000