General Discussion
 HLP Hitting pattern instructors?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deeb153

8 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2019 :  19:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there any instructors who teach the HLP hitting patterns that Mercer Aces @merceraces, Richard Schenek @teacherman1986 or Les Nozzle @thelesnozzle in the northern atlanta suburbs? This is the techniques guys like Judge and Bonds use.

georgiabaseball13

24 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2019 :  22:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m more curious to know the names of the kids that you have with the build, talent, and hand eye coordination to emulate guys like Barry Bonds and Mike Judge
Go to Top of Page

morrsco

55 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  08:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike Judge? You are going to have a hard time finding a kid that can create comedic gold like Beavis and Butt-Head. :)
Go to Top of Page

georgiabaseball13

24 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  12:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by georgiabaseball13

I’m more curious to know the names of the kids that you have with the build, talent, and hand eye coordination to emulate guys like Barry Bonds and Aaron Judge

Go to Top of Page

toprank

138 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  12:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know of any. I tried to get in on a clinic with Richard Schenek and he was a complete ass. Also had another guy from the HLP promise to work with my son out of town then when it came time, backed out at the last minute. What they teach is not earth shattering, you can do it yourself if you just watch their videos. Hitting is a natural movement. The more a kid thinks about it the more mechanical he gets instead of being natural. Bonds and Judge use the same techniques as 99% of professional hitters. They are not doing or teaching anything new. They just give things different terms or names then throws out questions instead of explaining it. Watch any of their drills, they always spin in the ground with their back foot. Watch 90% of MLB guys they go to their toe they do not spin on the ball of their foot.
Go to Top of Page

FrankDrebin

2 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  10:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out Jay Hood. My son plays D1 baseball and he goes to Jay for instructions. Jay also instructs MLB guys that live in ATL area.
Go to Top of Page

toprank

138 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2020 :  15:31:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Jay Hood an HLP Instructor?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000