Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PGADMIN3

147 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2020 :  09:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EXCITING NEWS!

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=17888&src=hmrep

LOOK FORWARD TO HOSTING YOUR TEAM THIS YEAR, AND LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!

www.perfectgame.org

Chet

28 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2020 :  09:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That’s fantastic, especially the turf and our being able to say (mostly) goodbye to rainouts. What is the turf install batting order?
Go to Top of Page

PGADMIN3

147 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2020 :  11:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback. Do not quote me on this, but I think we are doing fields 4 and 6 first. Very excited! Looking forward to a great year!

www.perfectgame.org
Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2020 :  12:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"An important aspect of the agreement also outlines several major capital improvements that will be made to the facility, including the installation of artificial turf on all eight regulation fields, which is already underway and is expected to be done by early May. Other improvement projects will be completed in the next few years."

Although i havent been there for many years, son has moved on... i have to believe a part of the "capital improvements" is the Freakin Scoreboards that WORK all the time. East Cobb was world renowned for having the worst capability of displaying game information for being such an "Elite" organization. Funny but sad.

This one was right down the middle.....
Go to Top of Page

ChinMusic

126 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2020 :  15:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats, and hopefully they will make some much needed improvements at ECB.

On the other hand, I thought Lakepoint was far superior, especially with the 15+ age groups. These teams now have to drive all over the ATL area due to the limited number of 60/90 fields at ECB.
Go to Top of Page

KentMurphy

96 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2020 :  13:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChinMusic

On the other hand, I thought Lakepoint was far superior, especially with the 15+ age groups. These teams now have to drive all over the ATL area due to the limited number of 60/90 fields at ECB.

LP has 8 fields...
ECB has 3 fields... (60/90)

Not a 'huge' difference. Even LP had to outsource games when you have 150+ teams in any one tourney.
Go to Top of Page

Gatravelbaseball

56 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2020 :  12:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KentMurphy

quote:

LP has 8 fields...

Not a 'huge' difference. Even LP had to outsource games when you have 150+ teams in any one tourney.

Not a huge difference? That's almost 3x. I think that would be considered a huge enough difference in the context of most other things.

Would you rather have $30k in your bank account or $80k? Which would be more difficult as a parent, having 3 kids or 8 kids? A 3-hour drive is pretty reasonable for a weekend trip, but what about an 8-hour drive?

There are points you could make in support of ECB over LP, but this one doesn't really work.
Go to Top of Page

KentMurphy

96 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2020 :  13:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gatravelbaseball

quote:
Originally posted by KentMurphy

quote:

LP has 8 fields...

Not a huge difference? That's almost 3x. I think that would be considered a huge enough difference in the context of most other things.

Would you rather have $30k in your bank account or $80k? Which would be more difficult as a parent, having 3 kids or 8 kids? A 3-hour drive is pretty reasonable for a weekend trip, but what about an 8-hour drive?

There are points you could make in support of ECB over LP, but this one doesn't really work.

I stand corrected. Point made.
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  05:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great for the younger age groups but it will be pretty tough to beat LP for HS exactly for the reasons stated above, 3 fields vs 8 is a significant difference. Regardless there is a ton of driving for HS, so more concerning to me is as critical mass points out, please have working scoreboards! For the cost of PG there is really no excuse to never have a functioning scoreboard, and the filthy bathrooms, with the major drainage issues...I am cautiously optimistic that these issues will FINALLY be addressed!
Go to Top of Page

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  14:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyforbball

This is great for the younger age groups but it will be pretty tough to beat LP for HS exactly for the reasons stated above, 3 fields vs 8 is a significant difference. Regardless there is a ton of driving for HS, so more concerning to me is as critical mass points out, please have working scoreboards! For the cost of PG there is really no excuse to never have a functioning scoreboard, and the filthy bathrooms, with the major drainage issues...I am cautiously optimistic that these issues will FINALLY be addressed!

My son is well out of baseball. But he started playing in ECB tournaments around 2006 and finished in 2012 when he graduated HS. Non working scoreboards and filthy bathrooms were an issue during that whole time period and sounds like they still are. I wouldn't hold your breath...
Go to Top of Page

catchercoach

22 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  21:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all know if there is an ECB team in a tournament they will always play at EC. So if there are only 3-4 big boy fields and there are 12-16 high school age EC teams what are your chances to play at one place? Better chances at LP.

Edited by - catchercoach on 02/12/2020 21:59:20
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2020 :  22:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you are moving to fields that are so poorly orientated with the sun, that I have seen games have to pause because it is unsafe because the umpire, catcher and batter can't see the ball at all. Add to that the the never functioning scoreboards, nasty bathrooms, fields so close with nets low that the big boys' foul balls land on other fields regularly, and serious lack of parking,LP is way better, and it's a joke to think the East Cobb facility, turf or no turf can begin to compare. Somebody is making a pretty penny off this deal and the players/teams are paying the price.
Go to Top of Page

battrup22

7 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  10:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess no-one will ever be happy..

My guess as to why it's gone down hill so quick is that this had been in the works for a while and the management at the complex didn't see the need or urgency to put any money into it. PG/TC and other groups that used to use the complex were just renting out the park and didn't have any pull into facility upgrades. With PG now in actual control of the Complex, I've got faith that the much needed improvements will be put into place and will return ECB back to what it once was. Heard new towers/bathrooms/netting/etc are coming, and also field 5 is being converted to a full size field.

They'll be some growing pains, but you can't expect everything to get fixed and addressed overnight. Tony and crew have been running the best events in town for years for a reason, and I'm sure EC will be fine.
Go to Top of Page

WarEagle34

16 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  08:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed with you battrup22, glad to see PG is upgrading the ECB facility. Was the upgrade needed, yes. But sad to read that folks just used the PG post/announcement to just complain about what they don't like about the facility instead of being happy it's getting done. Guess some look for the gray clouds instead of the silver lining.
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  18:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surely not looking for a grey cloud....just trying to understand why they would leave a brand new, top notch facility like LP in the 1st place. And we've yet to hear if the improvements are not rumored, but actually are, going to address the scoreboards and bathrooms. As bballman pointed out, it's been this way for many years (at least in the 7 years we've been playing it's been this way as well). So I don't see it as complaining...at least in my post I said "cautiously optimistic"... At least for me, my concerns have nothing to do with Tony and how the events are run, but rather with the facility...I will say ECB's concessions beat LP by a mile...but otherwise you can't help but mourn not playing at the absolutely gorgeous LP facility vs ECB. I don't think it's unreasonalbe to EXPECT working scoreboards and clean, hygenic restrooms for all the ladies, guests, grandparents, siblings etc., who often spend the entire day at the facility. Is this complaining?
Go to Top of Page

WarEagle34

16 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2020 :  08:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't disagree that the restrooms are in need of attention and also would like to see functioning scoreboards. The fields at ECB are being worked on and I will give PG the benefit of the doubt that they will deliver what they stated they would do. LP is a nicer facility and they are proud of that as everyone can tell by the cost associated with playing there.

My point that PG made a positive announcement about upgrades to the ECB facility and others took it as an opportunity to complian about what they don't like without mention of the postive changes.
Go to Top of Page

Gatravelbaseball

56 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2020 :  13:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WarEagle34

Don't disagree that the restrooms are in need of attention and also would like to see functioning scoreboards. The fields at ECB are being worked on and I will give PG the benefit of the doubt that they will deliver what they stated they would do. LP is a nicer facility and they are proud of that as everyone can tell by the cost associated with playing there.

My point that PG made a positive announcement about upgrades to the ECB facility and others took it as an opportunity to complian about what they don't like without mention of the postive changes.

I was curious about this so I did a quick comparison of the Feb. 28 tourneys from PG/EC vs. TBS/LP for 14U:

Both have a $625 entry fee.

The only difference is in the gate/parking fees. TBS/LP is $5/day ($10/weekend) to park, plus $5/day ($12/weekend) per person. PG/EC is $10/day per person.

Those are pretty much even, depending on how many people/days/cars go.

You can pay cash at TBS/LP, too, but PG/EC -- in their "continued efforts to enhance your customer experience" -- only take credit cards.

Go to Top of Page

WarEagle34

16 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2020 :  07:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gatravelbaseball, how about the concessions?
Go to Top of Page

Gatravelbaseball

56 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2020 :  11:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WarEagle34

Gatravelbaseball, how about the concessions?

Not sure. How do they compare?
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2020 :  00:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Concessions are expensive at both but ECB beats LP hands down...the huge variety of choices, the freshly made and healthy choice items, the big range of drinks and snacks. ECB has great concessions. LP not so much. As far as PG pulling out, I have to think it was a $$ issue....probably way cheaper for PG at ECB. Also, I have to think with the new facility in TX that the need for LP in GA no longer really existed. The schematics on the TX facility are dope....I hope we get to play there before my son graduates..it looks truly amazing!! It appears, at least last fall, that PBR is the group that has taken over as far as running their tourneys at LP. They are pulling a pretty big group of players over there.
Go to Top of Page

bballhavoc

24 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2020 :  21:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LP now has beer!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2020 :  12:32:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bballhavoc

LP now has beer!!!!

That can’t be good for “those” parents who choose to drink or the kids playing against their kid’s team.
Go to Top of Page

baseballready

188 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2020 :  11:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First tournament played at ECB this weekend. Parking lot was a disaster with huge containers of pellets for the turf taking up dozens of parking spaces. Anxious to see how/when they install the turf now that tournaments are in full swing.
Go to Top of Page

PGADMIN

178 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2020 :  19:40:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseballready

First tournament played at ECB this weekend. Parking lot was a disaster with huge containers of pellets for the turf taking up dozens of parking spaces. Anxious to see how/when they install the turf now that tournaments are in full swing.

Once the clearance from Cobb County has been confirmed, construction on turfing and the reimagining of the East Cobb Cobb Complex will begin. Originally, we were not supposed to be able to play at the complex here at the beginning of the season, hence the reasoning of why the equipment and tuft materials are in the parking lot. We have an agreement with Kell High School to provide parking as overflow for the time being.
Go to Top of Page

Chet

28 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  00:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would be interested in an update on how the turf is coming and if PG is gonna be up and running before June @ ECB (presuming they have a plan that meets the Gov’s requirements)

quote:
Originally posted by PGADMIN

quote:

Once the clearance from Cobb County has been confirmed, construction on turfing and the reimagining of the East Cobb Cobb Complex will begin. Originally, we were not supposed to be able to play at the complex here at the beginning of the season, hence the reasoning of why the equipment and tuft materials are in the parking lot. We have an agreement with Kell High School to provide parking as overflow for the time being.

Go to Top of Page

PGADMIN

178 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  11:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chet

Would be interested in an update on how the turf is coming and if PG is gonna be up and running before June @ ECB (presuming they have a plan that meets the Gov’s requirements)

quote:
Originally posted by PGADMIN

quote:

Thanks for reaching out!

Currently, Fields 3, 7, and 8 are fully completed, with Field 1 nearing completion here in the next couple of days. Fields 2, 4, and 6 are currently under construction as we speak, with completion scheduled for the next 3-4 weeks. Field 5 will be completed last, as we are in the middle of re-configuring the field dimensions, as well as the demolition of the bottom tower. We will provide further updates as we get them throughout the next couple of weeks. We hope to be back out playing sooner rather than later!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000