General Discussion
 PG Stat Keepers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baseball1967

2 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  14:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else notice these guys are pretty bad. We played a game this week at E. Cobb where the fella did not keep up with subs, gave errors to the wrong position, scores plays to the wrong position, scored obvious errors as hits and obvious hits as errors. Not the first time we have had that. If PG is going to hang their hat on tracking players stats, they need to make sure they are correct.

Ross

60 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  18:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the time everything is scored a hit. Apparently putting in an error is extra effort. At least the scorekeepers are better than the PG umps, not sure why both fell off some much this year. 3 boys playing PG and umpiring was really bad this year after in previous years being solid.
Go to Top of Page

GAJags43

15 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2020 :  20:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baseball1967

Anyone else notice these guys are pretty bad. We played a game this week at E. Cobb where the fella did not keep up with subs, gave errors to the wrong position, scores plays to the wrong position, scored obvious errors as hits and obvious hits as errors. Not the first time we have had that. If PG is going to hang their hat on tracking players stats, they need to make sure they are correct.

From what I was told, there are bugs in the software that is causing some issues, and messing up things on the play by play. Son hit a homerun and said that he went 0-0. Diamondkast guy told us to email their stats department and got it corrected pretty quickly. Hopefully these things get fixed soon.

@Ross, I've noticed that as well.. Umpire coordinator I spoke with at East Cobb during the 12U World Series told me that their normal guys they bring in for the summer aren't working due to the virus, and a number of guys aren't working because they make more on unemployment than they would calling games. I don't blame them.. There are a couple in particular that I've seen that shouldn't be calling games at ANY level. Did anyone see the video of the guy over at North Cobb High that has been making the rounds on Instagram and Twitter? Unreal.

Edited by - GAJags43 on 07/31/2020 22:08:15
Go to Top of Page

Hurricane22

100 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  22:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your son is a PO then you are SOL. Notice how everyone’s ERA is 0.00?

The soft where doesn’t work where they charge the base runners to the pitcher that just exited the game. Between that and what folks mentioned above Diamondcast (and PG stats) are worthless.
Go to Top of Page

South GA Baseball

27 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2020 :  16:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The stats for our last tournament were horrible. We had two kids go 2-2 in a game not get credit for any hits and a kid who didn't even have an at-bat have a hit recorded for him. Our stats varied wildly from what they had recorded.

Edited by - South GA Baseball on 08/17/2020 17:24:22
Go to Top of Page

baseball713

60 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2020 :  20:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because of this, I concluded that there is no way that any recruiters would use the stats, or at least, rely on just the stats alone. They have to go see the kid. I asked once why a sac fly was still scored as an at bat. Score keeper said that the software does it this way. I gave up asking any questions or even pay too much attention to the stats.
Go to Top of Page

MSchelter

1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2020 :  21:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly Perfect game if you are going to keep stats and recognize all tournament team and mvp pitchers and hitters then keep the stats correctly.

Every week it's such a joke. I mean how can a kid have a home run and no rbis? Or some how the kid in the line up behind the one with the good week gets half his hits and runs scored.

Either do it right or don't do it at all.
Go to Top of Page

Ross

60 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  12:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son hit a double into the RC field gap and got credited with a walk and a SB.
Go to Top of Page

KentMurphy

96 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  13:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSchelter

Honestly Perfect game if you are going to keep stats and recognize all tournament team and mvp pitchers and hitters then keep the stats correctly.

Every week it's such a joke. I mean how can a kid have a home run and no rbis? Or some how the kid in the line up behind the one with the good week gets half his hits and runs scored.

Either do it right or don't do it at all.

This!!!!! x's 1000000000000

Don't put 'weight' (MVP/MV-Pitcher, All-Tourney) into something SO FLAWED.
Go to Top of Page

oneZone

117 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  09:28:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's ridiculous how poorly the games are scored and how little PG seems to care about improving it.

There are four things I can think of that you can do to help increase the chances that they actually do something about it.

1. Don't participate in PG events. This is undoubtedly the most effective way to get their attention, but it's not a great option for most of us.

2. Email them after every game/tourney and ask them to correct the stats that they got wrong for your player. Maybe they would eventually get tired of fixing their mistakes and decide to do something to prevent them from being made in the first place.

3. Set your player's online profile to not display stats. Or email PG and ask them to hide your player's profile completely. Neither are great options, but if enough people did this in protest it might get their attention!

4. Gripe and complain. Seriously. Let PG and others know how bad it is. Especially if you do it along with one or more of the above.

PG has to have a financial incentive to invest in improving their DiamondKrap software and/or to spend more hiring and motivating competent scorekeepers, or nothing will change.
Go to Top of Page

oneZone

117 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  10:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oneZone

It's ridiculous how poorly the games are scored and how little PG seems to care about improving it.

There are four things I can think of that you can do to help increase the chances that they actually do something about it.

1. Don't participate in PG events. This is undoubtedly the most effective way to get their attention, but it's not a great option for most of us.

2. Email them after every game/tourney and ask them to correct the stats that they got wrong for your player. Maybe they would eventually get tired of fixing their mistakes and decide to do something to prevent them from being made in the first place.

3. Set your player's online profile to not display stats. Or email PG and ask them to hide your player's profile completely. Neither are great options, but if enough people did this in protest it might get their attention!

4. Gripe and complain. Seriously. Let PG and others know how bad it is. Especially if you do it along with one or more of the above.

PG has to have a financial incentive to invest in improving their DiamondKrap software and/or to spend more hiring and motivating competent scorekeepers, or nothing will change.

Forgot an obvious one ...

1a. Don't pay for a DiamondKrap subscription!
Go to Top of Page

wareagle

324 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  12:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of years ago, a Braves scout was following a player on my sons team. He sat next to my wife (SHE ALWAYS KEEPS HER OWN BOOK) at a couple of games. He looked at her book and said it was more accurate than any scorekeeper he had seen at PG. He asked her if she would mind sending him a picture of her scorebook after each game. She agreed and did this for most of the summer. We were not expecting anything in return, but ended up getting some primo seats at a few Braves games. The scouts Know the PG scorekeepers stink as well.

People,myself included, have complained for years. based on the comments here, it doesn't seem to have gotten better.

Edited by - wareagle on 10/12/2020 14:16:19
Go to Top of Page

JClemente

13 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2020 :  11:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few years ago I used to put stock into the number of all-tournament teams a player would have on their profile. My son is now in HS and it really doesn't mean anything. I have seen plenty of tournaments where players receive credit for other players hits or pitchers never changed out on DiamondKast. It's baddddddd! Long story short, just do away with the all-tournament team and MVP/MVPitcher if the stats aren't accurate. I'm done!!!!!

Edited by - JClemente on 10/13/2020 14:34:12
Go to Top of Page

BlueDevilBaseball

68 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2020 :  09:22:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"All-tournament" players seem to be whoever hits well at the top of your lineup. I've had my lower half go 2-3, 3-3, and 3-4 in tourneys and not make "All tournament."
Go to Top of Page

Hurricane22

100 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2020 :  13:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[/quote]

Forgot an obvious one ...

1a. Don't pay for a DiamondKrap subscription!
[/quote]

Nope, I didn't renew. PG needs to get the message.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000