10U General Discussion
 Hats off to OP for a great Pre-Turkey Bash
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrosenberg

55 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  10:27:44  Show Profile
I want to give a shout out to the Oregon Park Red Sox for putting on a great tournament this past weekend. The event had some great talent and all the games were very competitive. I was really impressed with the organization, field conditions, and umpires. The fields were prepped after every game.

Also, I know there has been a lot of talk about dominate teams in the 10U age group but if this fall is any indication I think we will see a bunch of really competitive teams. The coaching and talent this weekend proved it. No one got out easy. The gades showed they have big arms and bats, Powder Springs is athletic as ever, and the Red Sox gave everyone a run for their money. It will be very interesting to see how teams class out as the spring unfolds.

643dp Cougars can't wait to see everyone in the spring! Thanks for putting on a great show OP....

LOL from Cougar Nation!

Renegade1

53 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  11:24:17  Show Profile
I second that!!! This was, BY FAR, the best tournament we played in this Fall as far as the organization, field preparation and, for the most part, even the umpiring. There are some well known sanctioning bodies that could learn A LOT about how to run a tournament if they had been around for this one.

Great way to finish out the Fall! Congrats to the Cougars for a well played championship game. We look forward to seeing everyone on the field in Spring, hopefully without the obnoxious parent chanting that reminded me of 6 yr old all stars or softball.
Go to Top of Page

screel2

154 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  15:43:58  Show Profile
Coaches,

Thanks for the great feed back. The Red Sox Nation spent many of hours at the park getting fields ready, tamping boxes, and providing any assistance as needed throughout the tournament. I am a very lucky coach to have such great parents and families to help put on this great tournament.

Congrats to the 643 Cougars on bringing home the hardware at the 3rd Annual Oregon Park Pre-Turkey Day Bash 10U!

Mark your calendars!

We will be putting on a 24 team tournament (2nd Annual Red Sox Rumble) this Spring June 1-3, 2012 and will have the fields dragged, watered, lined, and boxes tamped before each game. Last year we had 14 teams and plan on expanding to the 24 team target, so please pass along to the other 10u teams.

Good luck in 2012 and thanks for playing,

Scott Creel
OP Georgia Red Sox

Go to Top of Page

BUCS25

14 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  19:20:32  Show Profile
Many thanks from the coaches and parents of Fury Baseball. We appreciated you guys having us and look forward to coming back in the Spring. We couldn't have picked a better tournament to wrap up our Fall season. The tournament and competition was top notch.

Doug Campbell
Fury Baseball
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000