Baseball Moms
 Baseball pants
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kammansmom

36 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  10:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Moms...I have always used the white brite and iron out on my sons white pants, but this year the coach is talking gray pants. Have any of you ever used any products for stains on the gray? What works best without fading or changing the gray?

BDADDY

22 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  11:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have used Iron Out on gray pants, no fading - works great.
Go to Top of Page

bbmom2

119 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  17:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too - I've used Iron Out on white and gray pants with the stripes - they were fine... I soak them overnight on the back deck then wash them in OxyClean (to get rid of the Iron Out smell) Really white pants (or gray) all season long!

Come to think of it - a bit of Iron Out withdrawal!! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  22:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use fels-naptha soap. It is a laundry bar. I get it at walmart, $1 a bar. I scrub it in the dirt and soak if needed. Grey pants are staying clean, as are white shirts, and no funky smells.
Go to Top of Page

rippit

667 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  11:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbmom2

Me too - I've used Iron Out on white and gray pants with the stripes - they were fine... I soak them overnight on the back deck then wash them in OxyClean (to get rid of the Iron Out smell) Really white pants (or gray) all season long!

Come to think of it - a bit of Iron Out withdrawal!! LOL!

I was eyeing my 2 bottles of Iron Out this weekend as well!! I've missed that awful smell!!

I am TOO CHICKEN to put anything except solid white in it though. I'd hate to find out the hard way that I used too much or something and had pant braids run all over everything. What strength are you using it in that doesn't ruin stuff? I'm especially suspect of it on jerseys with the tackle twill lettering across the chest.

PS: Rumor has it that the HS washes our uniforms!! I guess my Iron Out will only be used on practice clothes until the summer showcase season starts.
Go to Top of Page

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  12:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iron out works fine on grey pants. There are only two things you need to be concerned about with iron out. It will corrode SOME zippers (Rawlings zippers corrode if you soak in IO, Mizuno do not). It will discolor SOME embroidery. If there is an embroidered logo/brand on the pants, it MAY change color. Otherwise, it doesn't discolor the pants or piping.

Also, soaking 1-3 hours is just as effective as soaking overnight.

Iron Out is not a bleach product. It basically removes iron content (hence the name). The orange dirt stains are the result of the iron in the dirt, so IO basically removes that iron and therefore the orange stains, whether it's in white pants or gray.

You can soak white jerseys (as long as the team logo/numbers aren't embroidered) and it will remove the red stain from those as well. No problem soaking the heat transferred numbers or logos.

Fels Naptha is way too much work for our lazy family.
Go to Top of Page

kammansmom

36 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2013 :  18:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. I will say I am an avid IO junkie and have used it on white with braids, I just wasn't sure about the gray...thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

yankkees3

6 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  14:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by BaseballMom6

I use fels-naptha soap. It is a laundry bar. I get it at walmart, $1 a bar. I scrub it in the dirt and soak if needed. Grey pants are staying clean, as are white shirts, and no funky smells.

Used this same bar soap all spring season on white pants and gray pants. Wet the area, rub the bar soap on the stained area and throw in the wash. Never been easier!
Go to Top of Page

ultimatesports10

135 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  18:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being someone who does uniforms, as long as polyester thread is used to sew you will be fine. All my sewn on lettering (tackle twill) is also polyester, so it will not turn. The Mizuno logos on there apparel changes as they use a rayon thread. I soak everything from screen printed to sewn on, and all is good!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000