GPA HOOKS (Head Coach)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Acworth Warriors Travel

15 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  22:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All Teams,

We lost a fellow coach, parent, father tonight. I'm in shock to pass on the following news tonight. During a scrimmage game tonight 2/15 between Kennesaw and GPA Hooks, the head coach, Daniel Willis, collapsed coaching first base. He was transported to the hospital and later died. My prayers and thoughts are with his family and the entire Hooks team. Our baseball community is a tight group and I know this event will really hit home with everyone. I did not know Daniel personally, but he was 33 years old, married with 2 children, ages 10 and 6.

What these families and kids on both teams witnessed tonight on a baseball field is heart breaking! Please say a little prayer for everyone involved tonight.

Respectfully,
Coach Rick Rhadans
10U Acworth Warriors (Orange)

Slim Shady

29 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  00:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is extremely sad news. My heart goes out to the family and to all the GP Hooks family. Trust in God to get through this trying time.
Go to Top of Page

prouddad

21 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  08:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My paryers are with the family. That is heartbreaking. So young.
Go to Top of Page

Stat an

16 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  13:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers sent up for the family, team and all those involved. It reminds us of what's really important, the health and well being of our family and friends. After all it's only 10 year olds playing a game. God bless the Willis family and may He continue to help them thru this difficult time. And thanks to all those who dedicate their time and energy to helping our kids play this great game.
Go to Top of Page

HOMER10

36 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  14:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sad to hear that,treat everyday like it's your last because you never know. My thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time, stay strong Willis family!
Go to Top of Page

Love4baseball

34 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  19:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your prayers our team and especially his family needs them! We have also set up a fund account for the family that we will give you all the information early this week once everything is final. Also does anyone know where we "Hooks" could host a tournament in his name and all proceeds go to his family? I know there have been a couple teams mention this and just wanted to get thoughts and ideas on where we could possibly host one. Coach Daniel loved baseball and coaching his boys. Thank you again for all you prayers!
Go to Top of Page

angels1

73 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  00:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May God Bless the Family and Team Members of Daniel Willis, Head Coach of the GPA Hooks.

The Atlanta Angels
Go to Top of Page

ToddH10

12 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  21:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear this tragic news....our thoughts and prayers will be with his family.

RBI Rangers 10u
Go to Top of Page

Hooks Baseball

31 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  22:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Love4baseball, I am one of the original founders of the Hooks. I spoke with the other founder tonight, and we are going to put together a tournament for the family. All proceds will go directly to them. We will start planning tomorrow. We are going to get as many parks, and teams to participate as possible. Everyone please spread the word. It will be open to several age groups. I will post details as soon as we have them.If we all work together, we can help this family out in this very sad time, as well as honor this man who loved kids, and the game.
Go to Top of Page

Stinger1

59 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  16:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are also very sorry to hear this. All our thoughts and prayers are with the Hook's families....

Ga Stingers Elite
Go to Top of Page

Elite Aces - Newton Rage

11 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  10:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Elite Aces will be praying for the Willis family and the entire Hooks Team. We would love to come and help raise money for this family.

Elite Aces 10U
678-386-1919
Go to Top of Page

banditsbaseball

26 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  14:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thoughts and Prayers go out to the family. We will be praying for comfort for the family; as well as the young men who's lives he had touched. May God Bless

10U Bandits Baseball
Go to Top of Page

Kappachinno

2 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  21:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayer go out to the families and the young players who were there. God bless.
Southern prospects
Go to Top of Page

C. MORTON

927 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  22:18:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for the entire Hooks Family. Please let us know what the dates are for the tournament.

Chaos Baseball 10u
Go to Top of Page

PSIndians9U

8 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  20:41:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thoughts and Prayers for his family, friends and the entire Hooks team. Remind those boys to play for Coach Willis, I have a hunch that is what he would have wanted, and he will be cheering them on from up above.

Please keep us posted on the date for the tournament as well.

PS Indians 9U Team
Go to Top of Page

youthbaseballcoach

21 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  13:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the Hook's families and community.

Please let us know when you firm up the dates on your tournament. We will participate if available.

10U Sharon Springs Spartans Blue

Go to Top of Page

dewhit

79 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  18:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Condolences from team halo
Go to Top of Page

Dcsmith80

13 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2013 :  23:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for the family and friends of Coach Willis....as well as his team. Chain Baseball 10U is definitely interested in helping this cause.

Chain - Warner Robins, GA
Go to Top of Page

Walton Warrior

7 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2013 :  09:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Willis Family and the GPA Hooks Baseball Family are in my thoughts and prayers. My God give you all peace,love and comfort during this tough time. Please let me know anything I can do. If the children of Coach Willis or the GPA HOOKS Team need anything, please let me know.

May God continue to love and comfort you ,

Tim Strickland

# 678-409-8644

quote:
Originally posted by Acworth Warriors Travel

All Teams,

We lost a fellow coach, parent, father tonight. I'm in shock to pass on the following news tonight. During a scrimmage game tonight 2/15 between Kennesaw and GPA Hooks, the head coach, Daniel Willis, collapsed coaching first base. He was transported to the hospital and later died. My prayers and thoughts are with his family and the entire Hooks team. Our baseball community is a tight group and I know this event will really hit home with everyone. I did not know Daniel personally, but he was 33 years old, married with 2 children, ages 10 and 6.

What these families and kids on both teams witnessed tonight on a baseball field is heart breaking! Please say a little prayer for everyone involved tonight.

Respectfully,
Coach Rick Rhadans
10U Acworth Warriors (Orange)

Go to Top of Page

Love4baseball

34 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  21:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The date is set for the fundraiser tournament in honor of the Hooks coach. The tournament is posted on the GSA tournament website for May 2-5. The name of the tournament is "Daniel Willis Roll tide #9 shoot out fundraiser". Please come join the teams and play the great game of baseball we all love and to support his family. This will be for all age groups. Thank you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-14 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000