Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 12U General Discussion
 After the ALL-STAR break (Easter/spring break)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mudville sage

28 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  14:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It looks like we are at about the half way point in our season and some interesting plots and sub-plots have unfolded, the way I see it here from Mudville.

Here are my take-aways... make a case for your own stance or agree with Ole Casey if you will.

Some of the interesting Sub-Plots

Bat-Gate... was not in attendance but we had affidavits sworn out, officials from TC show up and others speak out... Bats were sold by the dozens the next week. Some spoke out about it looking funny... coaches defended themselves, others defended the coaches and some just offended everyone who could read or listen.... None the less... the hottest bat since the 8U Omaha may be on the market and every Dad that wants "little johnny" to hit a ball and extra 40 feet just went on a scavenger hunt like something off Pickers... Maybe it could be a reality TV show... Bat-Pickers.. Starring... Bob Balker and HShuler

SSP (Southside Pride)
He is the Charles Barkley of the Board, without a doubt... he will piss you off and then side with you in the same paragraph. He speaks his heart and throws it all out there and can be on both sides of any debate within a given week or year. I remember his posts form last year about his team and that they were about development not trophy hunting and this year he is pissed because they are about development and not trophy hunting... Without a doubt I love his zeal and smile at his posts.. .none the less, he wants to win and is passionate about that too... keep on keeping on!!

North/South
Are we still debating the "War of Northern Aggression?" Who cares... we all have to drive to play ball... some years you drive north because that is where the tourneys are... some years you drive south to play the best competition... Its Travel ball.. get a grip... Move, Drive or shut up.. as we all have to get in the car sometime!!! Or just play rec ball and be the best in your Trailerhood!!

Triple Crown showing Favoritism
Are you serious? You doubt this... Who has a rule that can be interpreted three different ways... You pitch too much and we might.. suspend the player, kick you out of the tourney or..... Death-Match. Really? Not since Hunger Games and the Game Maker Or President Snow has the rules been so convoluted or simply left up to how I feel that day... Rules should be pretty much cut and dry and the same for everyone. (Just my opinion) What coach would reveal he did pitch the guy intentionally (Really).

The Main Plots
12U is a beast
Every team in Major baseball can lose on Sunday morning if they catch the other teams #1... The kid who is 5'9+... Looks like he drives to the park and throws like a monster. However, those teams are your one hit wonders of 12U.. They are going to make some noise but not win any tourneys because they cannot get past the second game (or the game that kid throws)... The parents (of the early puberty kid) walk around all proud (and they should be) except that kid throws 80 - 100 pitches every weekend and they ride him like a pack mule going over the Rockies during the Gold Rush!!

Not so fast.. (as Lee Corso would say)
There are only a hand full of teams that can win most of the tournaments on a given weekend. Those teams can pick you off from the pitcher or catcher to stay out of the big inning. They have pitchers that can beat your #1 and destroy your 2,3,or 4. They understand that Pitching, Defense and Timely Hitting is the key to success. Thus, far there have not been any surprises in my opinion as to who those teams are and continue to be... again a sleeper may slide into that group every now and then but they will not be there every weekend on average.

Looking forward to a great second half.. Many Big tourneys left... Now you can debate who the One hit wonders are and who the Franchises are...

Mudville Sage
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000