11U General Discussion
 USSSA This Past Weekend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rick Cosper

450 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  14:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to let everyone know that this weekend’s tournament was canceled by East Cobb not Rick Cosper and not USSSA. The only thing I ask of East Cobb on Saturday afternoon before I left the park was to let me know as early as possible on Sunday morning if we would have delays or if we would have to cancel.
I didn’t want parents driving to the parks just to find out they weren’t playing on time or not playing at all.

I received a call around 8:15pm on Saturday from East Cobb telling me we were canceled for Sunday. It doesn’t matter if it was USSSA , Triple Crown, Perfect Game or any other organization, when a park official tell a tournament host that their fields are unplayable there is absolutely nothing else we can do.
We rent these facilities we don’t own them and it’s up to the parks weather they think their fields are playable or not.

As for Acworth, that entire park was under water Saturday night. I was at Acworth on Sunday morning at 10am and there is no way games could have been played there on Sunday. Anyone telling you we could have is absolutely wrong. I sent $600 on Turface Saturday afternoon after I found out they didn’t have any at the park.
So if those fields would have been playable at all we had plenty of turface on hand.

When you loss 7 fields at East Cobb, 2 fields at Kell HS and 7 fields at Acworth, there was no way to continue any age group.

This statement is 100% fact.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000