General Discussion
 Showball or PG showcase in Ft. Myers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coach Cole

102 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  10:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son is a junior at Wheeler and we are hitting the showcases. We did the PG showcase at Emerson this summer. Over the year end school break, it looks like our choices are either Showball on Dec 20-21 or the PG underclass on January 3-4, both in Ft. Myers. Has anyone been to both or have an opinion on which is better for getting some looks?

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  13:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you did a PG showcase over the summer and he received his report and grade already, I don't think it would be worth it to do another unless your son has significantly improved in some area between then and when you do the next one. PG showcases are best for getting a report and grade published online for scouts and recruiters to see, but not necessarily best for in person recruiting.

We had never done the Showball Showcase, but I know a couple of people who did and they had good things to say. I would find out what scouts are planning on being there and decide if any of them are schools your son is interested in going to. If there are any schools that might interest your son, it may be worth going to. I would let those coaches know you will be there and that you have an interest in their school. It may also be a good idea to have your son's summer team coach contact the schools he is interested in with a recommendation and request to give him a look.

If there aren't any schools your son would be interested in going to that are going to be there, save your money and maybe go to an individual camp at a school he is interested in.

Hope this makes sense and helps.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  10:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PG Underclass showcase on 1/3-1/4 is for the EAST, so if your son's school of choice doesn't fall under that category you may already have your answer.

The Showball event has 90+ colleges committed to attend including Georgia State and Georgia Southern as well as multiple Ivy's.

http://www.showballbaseball.com/FUTURECAMPS/MEGAShowcaseCamp/tabid/938/Default.aspx

So...if your kid has his heart set on Tech, which is not scheduled to be there, but does have prospect camps scheduled locally...once again you have your answer.
Go to Top of Page

Coach Cole

102 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  11:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies, that matches up pretty well with what I was thinking. He went to the GT camp and we plan to attend a couple other camps/clinics from schools that have asked him to complete their questionaire.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000