General Discussion
 Atlanta Super NIT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doubleplay8

2 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  19:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First time poster, but I'm curious what is going on with the Atlanta Super NIT. It doesn't appear that many teams are signing up (across all ages and classifications). Is it early or are teams playing in other tournaments?

TODDS

153 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  22:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not worth the drive for teams in Atlanta area in my opinion. Triple Crown having a tourney same weekend with good competition across most ages and much closer to home.
Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  07:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
USSSA is too hard to do business with, especially for Major teams. Georgia has so many good alternatives now with Perfect Game and Triple Crown. You need an attorney to make sure you comply with all their rules. If you look at their rule section, you will see that their rule change section is greater than the whole rule section of the other sanctions. USSSA does a good job for A and AA teams, but I suggest if you are AAA level or greater and live in metro Atlanta, then I would consider building my schedule around PG, Triple Crown and independent tournaments.
Go to Top of Page

bballguy

224 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  09:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has progressively gotten worse year after year. Horrible fields, horrible traffic, cold and not worth the money imo!!! Glad to see people taking their money and their teams elsewhere!
Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  08:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Super NIT will fill up. The reason why not many teams are listed is because they make you pay before a team can be listed in this tournament.
Go to Top of Page

hshuler

1074 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  11:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Offspeed - I am not sure because of how many teams have already committed to TC that same weekend.
Go to Top of Page

misfits

3 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2015 :  22:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering the same thing about the USSSA tournaments not many major teAms have registered for this seadon however it appears that triple crown is catering to the D2 and D3 teams this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see how everthing shakes out.
Go to Top of Page

hangwiffem

69 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2015 :  16:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there any other good alternatives that will "make" that weekend? Looking for something in the 8U KP division....No one has signed up for the TC event that weekend either. Only 5 have signed up for NIT.
Go to Top of Page

Doubleplay8

2 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2015 :  10:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As of today there are a total of 77 teams signed up 9AA through 14 Major. Last year they had 572 teams. With a little over 3 weeks until schedules are released, I'm starting to wonder if they will get 200 teams total?
Go to Top of Page

Sweetspot

10 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2015 :  11:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any reason to register a team with USSSA if there are no plans to play in any USSSA tournaments? In my opinion, the USSSA tournament product has declined and been eclipsed by Triple Crown and other options in metro Atlanta.
Go to Top of Page

whits23

596 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2015 :  20:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
usssa is the next aau...remember them RIP
Go to Top of Page

watchingbaseball

1492 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2015 :  05:11:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doubleplay8

As of today there are a total of 77 teams signed up 9AA through 14 Major. Last year they had 572 teams. With a little over 3 weeks until schedules are released, I'm starting to wonder if they will get 200 teams total?

247 with a week to go
Should hit 300
Go to Top of Page

curious

1 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  14:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are debating on traveling to this tournament from out of state. Just wondering ... based on your experience, how well do they handle rain? Do they make every effort to play? Or do they cancel at the first drop?

Edited by - curious on 03/02/2015 15:30:50
Go to Top of Page

DeadHead

158 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  15:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curious...read the 11u page concerning this weekends tourny. Was held in the same area that the SNIT is being played. Should answer your question.
Go to Top of Page

bearkat

39 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  16:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by curious

We are debating on traveling to this tournament from out of state. Just wondering ... based on your experience, how well do they handle rain? Do they make every effort to play? Or do they cancel at the first drop?

Some will disagree with me, but I will give you my experience on it. We haven't played in the Atlanta NIT in three years, so things certainly could have changed. The traffic is horrible, the grass in the outfield looked like it hadn't been cut in weeks, and some of the umpires obviously didn't know baseball. We had no issue with weather as it was gorgeous that weekend. We did not play in any USSSA tournaments on the north side of Atlanta last year because the year prior there were two tournaments where the boys played in sinking mud through pool play and once that was done they called the tournament. Field conditions were horrible from the beginning and once they got everyone through pool play they finally called it. However, we have played in the Tennessee NIT several times and had a blast every time. We ran into some bad weather a couple of times but they handled it well. Just my $.02.

Edited by - bearkat on 03/02/2015 17:35:31
Go to Top of Page

brball

615 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  21:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ curious- I say if your team is 12U or younger and never played the ATL SNIT, then go for it! Yes traffic sucks, so plan ahead. The fields and umpires are crapshoot in what you get, so be ready for what you get in that dept. Seems to be a huge drop in participation this year up to this point with teams signed up, so maybe depending on your teams age that will help you decide. My son got to play the tourney one year and had a blast, but unfortunately it was called on Sunday morning due to 3" of rain in a matter of hours, not because USSSA took the money and ran. Good luck on your decision!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000