General Discussion
 Rain out policy question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleDawg

91 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2015 :  07:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Tournaments costing upwards of $500 or more,I'm wondering if there a standard rain out policy for credit with the various organizations.

USSSA, TripleCrown, GrandSlam etc.

Georgia Weather is unpredictable and I'm sure Tournament Directors ;-) will do everything in their power to get a game or 2 in before the rains come to keep their share but what if anything is credited back if sundays are cancelled?

Any help is appreciated

SuperStar

257 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2015 :  14:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Triple Crown: If you don't get any games in at all, they will keep your money and schedule you for another tourney down the road. If you play a rain shortened tournament, then you don't get a refund. The others, USSSA, GrandSlam, Perfect Game, they all pretty much follow suit. Remember, these outfits are in this thing to run a business and make money. It doesn't make it right, and I wish they would refund or give a percentage back, but that's not the way it works. It is what it is. We are all in the wrong business..., LOL!
Go to Top of Page

SuperStar

257 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2015 :  21:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard differently, well..., maybe that is the case whits23.
Go to Top of Page

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2015 :  09:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TC's refund policy is on their website. Sounds like Tony may be more generous than the posted policy if he's giving 100% as the policy is clear that rainouts with no games played would refund all but $150 and any other cancellation by a team within the prescribed timeframe would result in 90% refund.

Hat's off to Tony if he's more generous than the stated policy, but I wouldn't take that to be the gospel for every event and I'd always expect the stated policy and simply be happy if it ends up being more.

The link below is for next weekend's tourney. Each tourney has its specific refund policy listed in the "fine print" link for each tourney.

https://www.triplecrownsports.com/RefundPolicy.asp?tournyid=5822
Go to Top of Page

SuperStar

257 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2015 :  10:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right in the know. But the kicker is this: If you play at least 2 games, then there is no refund at all. That is what hurts. This past weekend was a prime example. In the D2 D3 Spring Opener, all teams got to play their 2 pool play games. After that, Sunday games were canceled. Triple Crown got their $ and everyone else got to go home early. Oh well, like I said in the above post, it is the nature of the beast. No one likes it, but we have to play by their rules. We are in the wrong line of work. If anybody wants to start a new organization up, I am in! We could be the next big thing!

Edited by - SuperStar on 02/23/2015 10:44:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000