13U General Discussion
 Looking for answers...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elitegamers

117 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2015 :  17:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome to see the Gamers are still worthy of a Top 10 mention, it is definitely not deserving! I am posting today only for informational purposes and to seek advice. Mainly because I was approached several times at GA/FL tourney this weekend and have been approached/called/texted several times prior to this weekend being asked the question "what's wrong with the Gamers?". I guess my answer is the following (and no I'm not Southside in disguise... lol)... if I removed a potential #3 power hitting speedster AND I removed your starting shortstop for the last 5 weeks (no hitting, no fielding... nothing) AND I removed your power hitting clean up hitting first baseman for the last 3 tournaments... how good would your team be? And let's throw in there that over the last 5+ weeks, we are plugging and playing with different available kids that are learning our signs, bunt coverages, first and third plays, among everything else 10 minutes before our pool first game. Prior to our injuries we had 5 players school ball (which didn't exactly help our current injury situation). Bottom line is it is now May and I have had the 11 man roster I built for this season for only ONE day this entire season. On that day we went 3-0, with 3 convincing wins and earned the 1 seed in a pretty good TC tournament that ended up being rained out on Sunday. Don't get me wrong... we got our a$$es kicked in Valdosta this weekend and played horrible baseball, but when you don't even have enough kids to have productive field practices, what does one do and what should one expect? Do you punish the healthy ones by not playing?? Do you do whatever it takes to put a team on the field each weekend and get your players the reps they may not have normally gotten with a full healthy roster??? At the same time, I watch the stronger teams get stronger by continuing to add to their rosters while we are just fighting to breathe. I've been doing this a long time and have never been at such a loss. I am curious to what all you board hawkers would do given the situation. I need some guidance and the people on this board have got to be some of the smartest people I know! LOL!

On a positive note, 2 of my 3 that have been out for 5 weeks have doctor appointments THIS WEEK and we are praying for good news. I ask for the message board posters... and stalkers... prayers! We need to get these boys back to doing what they love... playing the game of baseball!

Looking forward to some good, intuitive responses.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000