11U General Discussion
 U$$$A does it again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OPHornets

135 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  10:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just want to let off a bit of frustration re: U$$$A. Like most of you, we planned to boycott U$$$A this season if at all possible. However, we ended up playing in a few more than I had planned.

Regardless, because we had a stellar [sarcasm] 1-3-1 record playing against AA and AAA teams (losing all three games by a total of 6 runs), we were bumped down to A in April. In fact, we were bumped down the weekend following the congratulatory post by Coach Crane on our performance in the TC tournament. I could have petitioned to get moved back up but we intended to play up and I didn't think it was worth it to have the discussion just to get our U$$$A classification changed.

Outside of one tournament, we have continued to play, and compete, at the AA level. Imagine my surprise when we got our email yesterday that our entry into a AA tournament this weekend was cancelled because the U$$$A state office had decided that the only tournament we would be eligible to play in this weekend is the state tournament in Monroe.

While I am shocked at their decision, I am not surprised that it came late Wednesday after most tournaments were locked and schedules released thus doing their best to force us to head to Monroe. But, I'm not very good at being told what to do by someone I am paying money to and I know there are other options out there.

All I can say is "Thanks!" to U$$$A because it actually worked out awesome for us. We're in Ringgold now playing some teams from TN we have never seen at half the price of a U$$$A tournament. I hope everyone keeps up the momentum that was started this year and eventually make U$$$A take notice that they don't have a monopoly on youth baseball.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000