General Discussion
 fee for season
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2015 :  11:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have established what the fee is for tryouts now will any teams or parents post the fee for teams for

13u
14u
etc??

Many will quote the spring fee but not mention fall, indoor, or lesson packages

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2015 :  14:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That depends on the level of the program. I would expect the 13u ECB Astros to play in at least 3 PG events, at $700+ a pop, and multiple TC events at $500+ a pop, add in the Super NIT's and I could easily see the team fees being $3K for the whole year. Keeping in mind they do intensive Strength and conditioning over the winter months.

Now you take a A or an AA team and they might go to 1 PG even for the experience and maybe 1 Super NIT, but for the most part they are going to be playing local tourneys at $200-$300 a pop with a few TC's sprinkled in, that may be only $1.5K for the whole year. Their Winter activities may be limited to meeting up for a few indoor batting cage sessions.

I have no experience with lesson packages.
Go to Top of Page

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2015 :  14:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hate to post what i know and have places dispute it so lets assume any academy is at least 3500 for fall and spring and go from there and if they disagree they can correct.

Give total cost not just the sticker price ;}
Go to Top of Page

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2015 :  19:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Girl that is not true the academy teams who have a 1 2 and 3 team at all levels all charge the same price. Major team pays same as AA for those. Now not the independent or park teams as you may be right on them.
Go to Top of Page

ryaajus

23 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2015 :  23:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The coaching fee for most of the academies is more than $1500. The prices go up the older the kids are, because the prices of the tournaments increase. For example, the 17UPG National championship was $2500 a team. Some teams charge over 4k and as low as $1500. It really varies. I
Go to Top of Page

bfriendly

376 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2015 :  08:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryaajus

The coaching fee for most of the academies is more than $1500. The prices go up the older the kids are, because the prices of the tournaments increase. For example, the 17UPG National championship was $2500 a team. Some teams charge over 4k and as low as $1500. It really varies. I

I too have found it varies quite a bit. Surely it does for numerous reasons. Depending on what the Academy and the outside facility are charging for each teams needs as well as any regularly scheduled private instruction by the academy.
I would think it falls on the hands of the Head Coach/Manager deciding on a budget, in relation to what his intentions are. Is the staff "Paid coaches"? How many practices per week, what tourneys to play, what uniforms, bags etc.....

Sunglasses?

We are in 12U this year so now we have the option of Includes C'town or does NOT include C'town,,,,Yikes!!

And it varies a LOT!

Edited by - bfriendly on 07/22/2015 08:46:22
Go to Top of Page

ryaajus

23 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2015 :  08:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2015 :  08:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by teddy41

Girl that is not true the academy teams who have a 1 2 and 3 team at all levels all charge the same price. Major team pays same as AA for those. Now not the independent or park teams as you may be right on them.

I'm getting my information from ECB teams, I have a lot of friends that play there. I saw a budget just yesterday for a AAA 14u team that wasn't one of the top 2 teams, but it was under 2K. It really comes down to how many, if any, paid coaches you have. Each paid coach can be 5-10K for the year. You divide 5K by 12 players and it's only $417 per kid, broken up over 10 months is not a bad deal. I know of a 12u team last year that had TWO paid coaches and their cost per kid was close to the 3K mark and they didn't play in great tourneys, needless to say those parents didn't think they got what they paid for.

ryaajus, you may be correct, but the OP specifically mentioned 13/14u, so that is what I was going off of. I have heard the 16/17u teams can reach up to 5K depending on how many cross country tourneys they attend.
Go to Top of Page

LittleDawg

91 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2015 :  09:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bfriendly
We are in 12U this year so now we have the option of Includes C'town or does NOT include C'town,,,,Yikes!!

And it varies a LOT!

@bfriendly - Cooperstown is $895 per player but plan on budgeting $1000 or slightly more because you have to also account for the $895 x the # of coaches you send. Not including the travel / trips costs. Still worth it but don't be surprised with 'sticker shock'
Go to Top of Page

bbsis

42 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2015 :  09:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
includes/doesn't include C'town will likely become includes/doesn't include 3+ lake point tournaments. after the novelty wears off, "includes only 1 lake point tournament" is likely to be appealing.
Go to Top of Page

Fadodog

3 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2015 :  11:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw one for 13u for $3300+. Did not include gate fees or fees for umpires for scrimmages.
Go to Top of Page

teddy41

421 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2015 :  13:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My neighbor has a kid who is also 12 and one of the largest elite level programs is charging 2800 for spring and about 750 for fall with a winter workout package that is optional i think. They also do catcher workouts for $300

Last year he said he paid around 2k for a smaller program in cherokee but they only practiced 1 team on the field during the 2 hour slot.

My oldest played ECB but only for fall and WWBA and it was around 1700 but they also only played about 5 events and hotel fee's were what cost us the most.

My 9 year old payed around 1200 but was dad coached and that was crazy with dad's all over the place but hey at 9u it was worth it for a season.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000