General Discussion
 Teams/Players not on teams due to football
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CURIOUSGEORGE

4 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  12:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there teams that are not put together now that will have tryouts after football season? Are there players out there that will be looking for teams to tryout for after football Season?

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  13:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There may be a few, but I suspect that it's very rare.

Most teams fill out their rosters for the 2015 fall/2016 spring season at the end of summer. They will play limited fall schedules based on player availability, knowing that some of their players are now playing football. I would say that the vast majority of two sport athletes have already secured their baseball option for the 2015/2016 season.

If you have a football player and haven't secured a baseball team for your son yet, your best bet is to post in the "players looking for team" section and also to keep an eye on the "teams looking for players: section for opportunities.
Go to Top of Page

Be69chevy

18 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  14:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes some probably will be but most spring teams seem to be put together in July/Aug.

My son made the team but is playing football and the kids not playing foot ball are doing rec fall baseball .

Travel team baseball practice is currently Sunday afternoons.

His team still has openings but will fill those at the end of fall baseball.

Keep an Eye on the tryout forums on this site.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  14:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Q: Are there teams that are not put together now that will have tryouts after football season?
A: Unlikely. Many teams will have players on there that have limited availability in the Fall due to football, but I doubt there is an entire team made up of football only kids.

Q: Are there players out there that will be looking for teams to tryout for after football Season?
A: Definitely! I have seen in the past the boards that list which teams need players/having tryouts is most heavily active in June/July. There is a medium size rush in November...this is when Football ends and when coaches realize they just played in 2 tourneys and they have a hole in a position on the field. And a fairly large rush in January/February...not as big as June/July, but pretty substantial. This is with teams that lost kids over the fall/winter, or need players due to high school commitments, or they still have holes in their line up and they are looking to round out their Spring team.

if you look at last years boards it gives you a great idea of which teams needed kids and when. There were several VERY decent teams still posting in May that they needed more kids. Just be careful to check the roster size on any team you are considering for your kid. There are several coaches that already have 12+ kids but still want more money to play more tourneys and your kid gets charged full price to ride the pine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000