Baseball Moms
 Advice, new to travel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leftiebaseballmom0111

4 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2015 :  10:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to this entire travel ball scene and feeling very overwhelmed. If anyone could help me with this Id be very appreciative. My son is 10, will be eleven on January 11th. We are new to the Loganville area and never done travel ball before. Our county no longer has middle school teams and rec league is just not giving him all that he needs. He loves this game and gives it 200% every single time hes anywhere near a baseball. I have no idea where to begin with trying to find him a team or how tryouts work. Im really worried that with us being new to the area and no one knowing his name that hes going to miss out. Could someone just shed some light on where I should begin with this? Thank you!

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2015 :  09:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the insanity! My extended family thinks travel baseball is a cult, but really in our house it is just a way of life. You won't have a free weekend from 2/28-6/15 and yet somehow you will be okay with that!

There are MANY types of travel teams. When you hear someone say "Major" that is the best of the best in that age group. From there in goes to AAA, AA, and then A. A is kind of like rec park skill that want to play more, AA has some skill but still a beginner, AAA has some serious skill but are inconsistent.

I could probably name 5 parks within 2 miles of my house that have Travel Ball teams, which is good news for you because it means not everyone knows each other so your son won't be excluded because he isn't known. Your son should try out for the teams of the age he will be on May 1, 2016. So, in his case that is 11u. There is an 11u discussion section on this board and you should post the question of
"What are the teams in the Loganville area?" Or you can go to the section of 11u team openings and do a search just within that section for the word Loganville and other towns near your town.

Tryouts are typically in August but teams are still looking for kids now in most cases. I always tell people that if you are unsure what level your kid is the "average" kid is AA/AAA so look for a team that is AA and they might be AAA by the end of the season. There is also a whole list on the USSSA website of teams ranked by division. Click on this website: http://www.usssa.com/baseball/Rank1/ Look up 10u and under AAA and AA teams in Georgia for the 2015 season. This will give you many of the teams in the AA/AAA level. Keep in mind there could be multiple pages, but the home town of each team is given which should help you narrow your search.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000