General Discussion
 Perfect Game Housing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryno23

123 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  21:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wanted to reach out to any coaches or parents that have played in PG BCS or PG25 National Championship tournaments in Ft Myers in the past. Is it mandatory to utilize the the housing that they have set up, do they check? It seems a bit ridiculous to be required to stay in a hotel for a week and not be allowed to arrange your own housing for the week. Any insight or comments would be greatly appreciated.

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  23:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They do check. If they find that you didn't book team through their partner, they'll call you and bill you a fee (if I recall, it was about $500 or so)
Go to Top of Page

brball

615 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  23:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ryno23

Wanted to reach out to any coaches or parents that have played in PG BCS or PG25 National Championship tournaments in Ft Myers in the past. Is it mandatory to utilize the the housing that they have set up, do they check? It seems a bit ridiculous to be required to stay in a hotel for a week and not be allowed to arrange your own housing for the week. Any insight or comments would be greatly appreciated.

If I remember right there's some kind of opt-out fee per team that lets every family do their on thing, which is what our team did. And don't let anyone tell you that staying at a Fort Myers beachside location is a problem, because it isn't. Just plan accordingly depending on far down the beach you stay and you'll be fine. For what it matters... I went last year, so what I'm saying should be good to go. Good luck, enjoy the trip and have fun... I know I did!

Edited by - brball on 03/11/2016 09:16:24
Go to Top of Page

bballguy15

63 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  09:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In The know is correct. Perfect Game does check, Triple Crown does not check. Perfect Game fee is a % of tournament fee. I had a team a couple years ago that got fined in Jupiter $750, a team last year that got fined in Ft. Myers $500. I will say this, the rates fro hotels, such as The Sanibel Island Marriott are $80 cheaper per night than through Marriott's website.
Go to Top of Page

sebaseball

101 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  10:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't ever gone to PG in FL, but here in GA, they only require you to book as many rooms as it takes to sleep 4 players per room. So, if you have a roster of 12, you only need to book 3 rooms through PG. The rest of the team can book with whomever they want. I've had parents stay in the exact same hotel and get lower rates than what PG offered. I would be more agreeable to their demands if they'd give you more than 4-5 hotel options with only a couple of low budget choices within 20 minutes of the facility. For all the hoopla about how great PG is, I'm less than impressed and rarely play with them. They seem to serve the 16U-18U market well from the scouting/recruiting angle, but for the younger ages, they are way overrated in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000