General Discussion
 Academies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knuckleball48

14 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  21:03:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are the top baseball academies in terms of overall talent in the state when you average all of the age groups together?

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  14:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that's a tough one because East Cobb has some of the top players nationally but if you have to average them with the weak teams then it may not appear to be the case. Nelson has a ton of super talent but they are only 15 and up. 643 has a ton of talent. Georgia Jackets in older ages and MGBA is stacked in younger. What age group are you talking about? This varies dramatically from age to age. Some academies are crazy good at one age group and weak in another.

Edited by - Crazyforbball on 12/17/2016 14:09:46
Go to Top of Page

SMASH

253 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  14:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take a look @ PG national rankings. 4 of the top 16 organizations from right here in GA.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=13392
Go to Top of Page

SMASH

253 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  14:23:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take a look @ PG national rankings. 4 of the top 16 organizations from right here in Georgia.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=13392
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  09:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will notice a recurring theme in ALL the age groups... ECB Astros, ECB Colt 45s, 643 Cougars, Team Elite, Georgia Jackets, with some Jags, Nelson, Chain National. So the question should really be what TEAMS have the best talent, not what academy because that varies greatly.
Go to Top of Page

Knuckleball48

14 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  23:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did ask which ones had the best talent.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  07:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have to agree that you should qualify with the age group you are talking about. Also it really does vary year to year.

I would caution you, and all parents, to understand that just because your kid makes the 8u Astros has ZERO bearing on if he will make the 16u Astros.

Also, be very careful when you say "Academies". Not all Academy teams are created equal, if you look at the ECB website there are ten 12u teams. Team Elite is usually about the same. It is just not possible for an academy to put forth ten Major teams. At most places there are only one or two top teams that are actually Major level, the rest could be AAA teams or even AA teams that get to wear the academy name but are not Major level teams.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  11:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knuckleball48

No, you asked which ACADEMIES had the best talent, not which TEAMS had the best talent. I sincerely doubt that the 12u ECB *random name* has the same talent as the 12u ECB Astros. Both are from the same "academy".
Go to Top of Page

bfriendly

376 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  20:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are also academies that have training facilities/programs that may not have the best baseball teams out there(or any for that matter). Here locally you will find RBI and Fury academies that both have great programs, but maybe not the best teams. I have seen a lot of instruction/training taking place in both for some top athletes that are high school age as well as younger. I have also seen kids from Big name academies that will train at some of these local academies.........I think its whats "inside" that really matters, but that may not have any thing to do with the original question asked.
Go to Top of Page

turntwo

955 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2016 :  14:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knuckleball48

Well, let's see, if you're talking STRICTLY academy teams, there's only a few...

East Cobb (Astros, Colt's, Braves-- these are the ONLY true academy teams out of East Cobb-- and even at some ages these teams aren't coached by academy guys, but rather just dads) has great talent on these teams.

Georgia Jackets (Auterson Baseball Academy) teams are solid as well.

643 (all teams are academy)

Team Elite (some are academy teams, some-- like East Cobb-- are just name-associated)

Titans (all teams are academy)

NBS

Elite Gamers

9th Inning

Averaging all groups is tough. Until this year, Team Elite hasn't had younger groups... NBS too, even 9th Inning is trying to get in the younger age group mix. GA Jackets still doesn't have any sub-14U teams. So, by default, based on "all of the age groups", you're down to 5 (East Cobb, Titans, 643, Elite Gamers, and 9-Inning). Of course even then, you have 'hit or miss' years and such... But I'd say these are some of, if not most of, the top academies.

Question is, what constitutes 'top talent'? Those signing scholarships? Drafted? I mean, any of the above referenced academies have an arms-length list of 'who's who' that's signed or been drafted. Seems like a very vague and opinion-based question-- which, with opinions, everyone's got one...
Go to Top of Page

215 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2017 :  15:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it me or has Titan's fallen off since leaving EC?
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2017 :  08:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 743

Is it me or has Titan's fallen off since leaving EC?

Their facility is decent, nice perk of playing for them.....BUT....they have had a lot of staff turn over and made some bad choices in coaching staff that made people leave in droves. They have also decided to go with a larger roster in the older age groups and the kids that aren't getting playing time are leaving. Kind of a catch 22....be on a good team to get your name out there...but then you don't get to play much so your name is not getting out there.
Go to Top of Page

BBall123

395 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2017 :  14:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Team Elite
Go to Top of Page

nastycurve

244 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2017 :  13:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Team Elite
My son graduated in 2016 and is playing mid major D1 ball.
Here is a breakdown of the players playing college ball from that class:
D1-43 players
D2-12 players
D3- 7 players
NAIA - 1 player
JUCO- 25 players
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page