158 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  13:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
West Cobb Bombers
Yard Dawgs
Go to Top of Page

Stokes77

3 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  09:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bombers are definitely a strong team, they loss their 1st game in a long tim e recently. Yard dogs I haven't seen in KP. I saw them play the Force in mid-March in CP. YDogs hung in, but eventually the Force won big.
Go to Top of Page

gpbred

6 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  07:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's clearly after spring break and now the beginning of May. I'm interested in reading the forum's opinions about the top 5 8U teams at this point. It's evident that CP and KP are two totally different things. At the age of 8, most kids are going to hit a CP batting practice ball, so let's talk about KP. List your top 8U teams at this point. The survey is still out on the 5th top team but here's my list in no particular order:
Yard Dogs
West Cobb
Georgia Expos
Mizuno Gwinnett
?????
Go to Top of Page

camentz

39 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  15:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't agree more with your list. 4 standouts, 5th spot waiting for a few to take it!

No particular order...

Yard Dogs
West Cobb Bombers
Mizuno Gwinnett
Georgia Expos
5th: I'd say it's between Parkview, Kennesaw, Titans Orange or HardKnox Orioles.

Some good competition starting to shape up in this KP division. Some really impressive baseball being played when the Top 4 matchup that's for sure!!!
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

158 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  12:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will give my opinion after this weekend TC..The Force plays their first KP tourney.

I agree with top 3..but the rest of the field is definite wide open.

1.WC Bombers
2.Yard dawgs
3.Mizuno
Go to Top of Page

gpbred

6 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  16:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Force does play this weekend but who's in the tournament to get a good measure of how they are kid pitch wise?
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

158 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  22:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess time will tell...you play whos in the tourney and go from there
quote:
Originally posted by gpbred

The Force does play this weekend but who's in the tournament to get a good measure of how they are kid pitch wise?

Go to Top of Page

gpbred

6 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  07:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking at the tournament, it's clearly labeled D2/D3. You know what type of competition you're going to face. Clearly its not D1. At any rate we'll see what happens in the D2/D3 tournament.
Go to Top of Page

RHRN

13 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  10:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Looking at the tournament, it's clearly labeled D2/D3. You know what type of competition you're going to face. Clearly its not D1. At any rate we'll see what happens in the D2/D3 tournament.

Just so you know, TC does not classify 8KP into divisions. The tournaments is labeled D2/D3, but notice there is no classification next to 8KP. I spoke with the tournament director with that question before for my son's team.
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

158 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  11:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its clear that you are new this thing we call travel ball..this is my second round at the rodeo..8kp is what it is...I wouldn't look to far into it...there are going to be some good teams...but the field is wide open..TC is a open division at 8u...now if a team that you are on think they are that much better then 8u...I would suggest play up into 9u(lol)

quote:

Go to Top of Page

gpbred

6 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  13:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
littleroc we do play 9U but not above anyone. Clearly this isn't my first rodeo either, not a little league, high school, nor college. There are some legitimate 8u teams as I mentioned above. Maybe your team isn't on that list and you're a little upset at that but for what? This is a forum based off of people's thoughts which equate to opinions. Stop being so sensitive LOL!
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

158 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  21:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's cute lilroc. But back to 8kp.you saw my post about the top team..never seen expos,so they are a not on my list..can't be sensitive about list I didn't add my team to it (force)..who's your team..
quote:

littleroc we do play 9U but not above anyone. Clearly this isn't my first rodeo either, not a little league, high school, nor college. There are some legitimate 8u teams as I mentioned above. Maybe your team isn't on that list and you're a little upset at that but for what? This is a forum based off of people's thoughts which equate to opinions. Stop being so sensitive LOL!

Go to Top of Page

brball

614 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  22:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has southside pride written all over it... bigroc knows what I'm talking about, so get a room guys! Where is southside pride anywho?
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

158 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  10:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL.man I am starting all over again...oldest playing 15u and little 8u...have to get it started a little...I need to see how SSP is doing on my end of town..good to hear from you brball

quote:
Originally posted by brball

This has southside pride written all over it... bigroc knows what I'm talking about, so get a room guys! Where is southside pride anywho?

Go to Top of Page

brball

614 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2017 :  21:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigroc19

quote:

May the Force be with you bigroc, lilroc, whatever you prefer.... Congrats to those kids! Guess you're gonna have to break out your sensitive side going forward, lol. The Force is a force to be reckoned with and should be on the list, right?
Go to Top of Page

bigroc19

158 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  10:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks brball...very proud of the boys...they played hard all weekend and the semi and championship games on Sunday were hard fought...hats off to Hardknox and Sandy Plains.
quote:
Originally posted by brball

quote:
Originally posted by bigroc19

quote:

May the Force be with you bigroc, lilroc, whatever you prefer.... Congrats to those kids! Guess you're gonna have to break out your sensitive side going forward, lol. The Force is a force to be reckoned with and should be on the list, right?

Go to Top of Page

Stokes77

3 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  00:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Titans Orange split with West Cobb, Generals and Expos. Played Mizouno in the fall, but lost. So they(we) gotta be on that list, right?
Go to Top of Page

Falcoholic

12 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  21:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top 5
1. Mizuno Gwinnett
2. West Cobb Bombers
3. Kennesaw Generals
4. Hard Knox Orioles
5. Georgia Expos
Go to Top of Page

SouthForsythGiants9u

10 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2017 :  08:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like bigroc except i coach 15u and will start back at 9u this coming season. parents take years to train this maybe a long ride
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-20 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000