14U General Discussion
 PG score keeping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryno23

123 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  14:08:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious how much stock is put in to stats with PG by college coaches? Obviously they are not able to come see every kid pitch, and for the kids that may not be at the top of the list of the rankings, I am curious to know if coaches look at pitchers/hitters against top teams to see how they perform.

The reason I ask, is after spending the better part of the last month or so at LakePoint and watching how games are being scored by PG officials. Where routine ground balls are recorded hits...i.e....14 hopper to the SS is booted or a 3B air mails the 1B by 10 feet are recorded hits, and thus skewing a pitchers ERA or a batters average on the weekend. I watched a kid this weekend give up 1 legit hit in 6 innings, and his defense make 5 errors on routine plays....lazy fly balls that are not caught, first baseman straight up dropping balls in his glove, 3B has two balls go right between his legs. So instead of ZERO earned runs allowed in the game, PG score keeper has the kid with a 5 earned runs, again on one legit hit and zero walks.

With all that being said, if there is importance to coaches/scouts on stats that are being recorded....and I realize things are scored a little differently from one official score keeper to the next, just feel like there needs to be some more training going on with the individuals that are keeping the official book.

Thoughts?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000