Doyle's NEXT LEVEL 15U - 2018
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bblomquist

26 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  16:16:05  Show Profile
Questions For Players/Parents:

1.)Do you see a serious upward trend in your player's development?
Common Answers: "Somewhat"... "Not Really"... "I Wish But No"...
The Real Answer.... in 99% of all baseball programs in America... there is no actual "baseball curriculum" and without that how can there be any real development? It starts with an honest physical and mental player evaluation in the beginning not just with the player... but with the player and the parents. Recognizing and shining a bright light on the player's weaknesses immediately and doing so in an honest and caring way. Then providing the necessary tools, resources and leadership to help the player turn those weaknesses into strengths.
2.) Are you seeing him getting better every single week?
Common Answers: "Maybe A Little"... "No"... "He's Getting Worse"...
The Real Answer...So many programs are nothing more than a money machine. Your kid is a number and will only be invited back next year if they can't find a better player to take his place. The bottom line is that all they are doing is chasing a $3.00 trophy on a Sunday afternoon. When you player doesn't get asked back and it's not because of an attitude issue... then the program has simply failed your kid... PERIOD!!! If your player is getting good information everyday from his coaches and his program... productive college level practices are being conducted where no one is standing around and the players are being held accountable for their effort level and focus... then how could a kid not be getting better? Bad information is being shared, there are no resources for the player to utilize to become a smarter and better player... practices are a complete waste of time because they are taking on field BP... there are multiple reasons... and they are all bad!
3.) Is the game slowing down for your player?
Common Answers: No... What Does That Mean"?....
The Real Answer.... Slowing the game down as a player is so so important. Yet... hardly ever discussed. The only thing that can "slow the game down" for your player is to make him feel safe... which allows him to experience stressful game situations as "fun"... and with confidence. Not "safe"... as in "there is a police security detail at all practices"... we are talking about "safe"... as in I am confident, I am prepared and I am highly capable as a baseball player... "please hit the ball to me"... "please let me get up to bat and help win this game"... "I want the baseball on the mound right now"... These are thoughts in a player's mind from those where the game slows down for them. This can happen so much easier and quicker by implementing an actual written step by step curriculum, provide a ton of controlled and supervised reps, frequently engage the player with in-depth feedback and discussions and then positive reinforcement. No screaming, no yelling....having a "transformer" as a coach... not a boot camp sergeant.
4.) Is his "baseball acumen" improving?
Common Answers: "Somewhat".... "Not Really"... "What Is That"?
The Real Answer - The only way to get better is to get smarter. Is your player being taught the lost fundamentals of the game? If not... Then his baseball smartness isn't expanding... Baseball Acumen is the foundation of a player's development. The foundation of that is fundamentals.... most of which no-one teaches and if they do... they teach it incorrectly.
5.) When he steps on the High School field in 6 months will he stand out in some way?
Common Answers... "No"... "I'm Not Sure"... "Maybe"
The Real Answer - Next Level Can Guarantee That If Your Player Marries The information We Give Him.... HE WILL STAND OUT IN A MATTER OF MINUTES IF NOT SECONDS WHEN HE STEPS ONTO THE FIELD IN FRONT OF HIS FUTURE HIGH SCHOOL COACHES!!! That is a FACT! Whether it's our "quick hands" methodology... or it's the fact your kid sprints to every single field assignment, he keeps his stuff organized in the dugout, he boldly displays an "it's not about me" demeanor or the fact he's been taught how to attack every single situation on a baseball field without EVER worrying about making an error because his coaches for the last 3 years don't care about errors all they care about is effort and attitude and they have never yelled at a kid for messing up. It's all about how a player conducts himself with regard to the "little things". He must "play within himself"... not try to be something he's not on the baseball field.

We know this is a long post.... but it's all important. Time is ticking! All we can say is that NEVER in the history of Doyle's Next Level has there ever been a player that was not invited back for the next season because he didn't perform or because we think we found a better player. We are not focused on "WINS"!!! They matter not one tiny bit in this age group of baseball.... What matters is "Are you learning"? - "Are you getting smarter"?... Are you having fun"? and most importantly - "Are you learning life lessons on the baseball field"? But by the way we do win - ALOT!!!

If your family seems more committed to the baseball program than the program is committed to your son.... give us a call!

LAST FACT....
The Doyle baseball curriculum has developed more college and professional players than any other program in the world!

Call Matthew Kempf / Kirk Doyle For Upcoming Opportunities @ 678-209-9927
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000