BEWARE: Youth Baseball Network Road to Branson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baseball2023

5 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2018 :  15:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beware....
After winning the 2017 XXX tournament (will not name the tournament as they are not a responsible party), our kids were awarded an all expenses paid trip to compete in the Youth Baseball Network National Championship in Branson, MO. The following is taken directly from their website:
EXPENSES PAID by YBN
Youth Baseball Network pays for travel and accommodations. Teams will be housed at the all-new Ballparks of America, which features MLB-style team suites. Also, the YBN host hotel provides special family room rates, which will be posted on the YBN website.
You can see that as stated on their website: (http://www.youthbaseballnetwork.com/roadtobranson)

Unfortunately, parents were responsible for upfront travel costs with a promise to pay. Here we are 6 months later and after MULTIPLE requests we have still not been reimbursed.

I haven't seen the site updated with a 2018 event but please beware if they do!! Remember, if something seems too good to be true it usually is!!

turntwo

955 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2018 :  10:03:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, what am I missing? All expenses paid for the player's travel and accommodations, family has to foot their own bill... Seems reasonable. Now, if families purchased flight tickets for the players, and haven't been reimbursed, there could be some fine print that '...reimbursement comes once the tournament has been completed...', so they want to know you actually went/played before they reimburse, I don't see an issue.

Help fill in the gaps here...
Go to Top of Page

baseball2023

5 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2018 :  17:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tournament was to pay for the players travel expenses!! Sorry, no fine print issue here. Flights to Branson from Atlanta in August were close too or more than $500 (depending on which flight the players and their families took). Parents had to make flight reservations with their own credit card and were promised they would be reimbursed. That has not happened!! Expenses were submitted to YBN in early August. Hopefully that helps clear up any confusion but let me know if you have any other questions. The YBN continues to tells us that they did not receive all of their sponsorships therefore don't have the money to settle on their promise to repay.
Go to Top of Page

baseball2023

5 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2018 :  17:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To clarify, the flights were roughly $500 per person. Reimbursement was only promised for the individual player, not any additional family member.
Go to Top of Page

turntwo

955 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2018 :  08:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baseball2023

The YBN continues to tells us that they did not receive all of their sponsorships therefore don't have the money to settle on their promise to repay.

THIS is just bad business. Their failure to secure sponsorship dollars shouldn't lead to breach of contract.
Go to Top of Page

baseball2023

5 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2018 :  10:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since my original post, I now see this event has been scheduled for 2018. As I said, please BEWARE.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter_Field

2 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2018 :  11:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Training Legends is trying to promote this tournament as well:

http://www.nwgabaseball.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=96786
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page