12U General Discussion
 **Cooperstown BL42 Scholarship Opportunity**
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bl42foundation

12 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  12:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All it has been at least 3 years since I have posted on this forum so I apologize for the length of this post. I officially retired from coaching travel baseball once my sons entered high school and decided they no longer wanted to play and pursued other sporting interests.

However the reason for my post is to keep a promise I made 5 years ago to honor a special player that passed away entirely too early. Brad Lovingood tragically passed away July 2013 less than a month after we returned from CDP as the 12U Shaw Park Thunder in Marietta, GA.

My intent is to use the forum to help honor his memory but also use this as a platform to give a player an opportunity of a lifetime.

I have setup a Yourcaring site to help raise additional money in Brad’s honor with the intent of awarding an annual scholarship for a needy player to participate in the CDP experience (which was the pinnacle of my coaching and sons travel baseball experience).

https://www.youcaring.com/cooperstowndreamsparkscholarship-1109565

I have seed money from leasing my 2013 Cooperstown certificate (which I intend to do annually) but would like to continue to raise additional funds and eventually help multiple players who wouldn’t necessarily be able to afford CDP.

3 years ago we were budgeting $1100 per player for CDP fees and I can only imagine that has gone up significantly.

All of us as coaches have that player who is “special” and can be a gamechanger but struggled with the financial demands of travel baseball.

I have literally just launched this and I am building it on the fly. 100% of the funds collected will be awarded. I have asked Brad’s family to help me select the candidate(s) from nominations or application form that will be released shortly.

What is the ask? Please check out the youcaring site and share the link with those that you think would like to help. Also stay tuned for updates on the application process and potential players that should be considered for this scholarship.
If you would like additional info on how to help please reply to the post and we will connect.

Best of luck to you all this season!!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000