General Discussion
 DeMarini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zigzag3141

24 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  03:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After several years of wondering why I pay more for baseball bats than I once did for golf clubs, and dealing with Warrenty claims and unfavorable Rules & Regs decisions, and an inane amount of time ensuring my Indians are equipped with the best and truest arrows....I gotta say DeMarini has got it figured out for Sr League bats.

Does this change in the older age groups and do you see older boys preferring a different brand with BBCOR models?

There are still so many new/unknown brands I see when watching MLB and I wonder how long before we begin seeing new brands at the 50/70 and younger level.

What are any new/rare/less familiar brands you know of?

Renegade44

211 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  20:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most frequent bbcor brand I'm seeing is the ProMod Flex barrel from Shave-N-Roll. They have the hottest bats out there. Guaranteed to retain their pop for 100 game swings, or until the end cap flys off during play. Whichever comes first.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  23:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fact is at 13u and below it doesn't matter. The "HOT" bats disappear when BBCOR or wood comes into play and expose all the fake youth ball sluggers. Seen that too many times with bat too heavy excuses. All this hot bat handicapping crap has to stop at some point. Composites end in HS age anyway and back to slow pitch softball where they should be anyway. Not allowed in college or pro. If it can't be done with wood, it can't be done! Other than that you are just pushing rope.
Go to Top of Page

Crazyforbball

391 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2018 :  09:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Demarini continues to deliver with BBCOR imo.
Go to Top of Page

Zachsdad

60 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2018 :  08:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'cept for those shaved and rolled BBCOR bats...yep, it's pervasive at all levels. I would really like to see everyone go back to wood.

As for DeMarini, I haven't noticed anything special about their BBCOR bats. If anything, it looks like the majority I see are using a one piece metal.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2018 :  12:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

The fact is at 13u and below it doesn't matter. The "HOT" bats disappear when BBCOR or wood comes into play and expose all the fake youth ball sluggers. Seen that too many times with bat too heavy excuses. All this hot bat handicapping crap has to stop at some point. Composites end in HS age anyway and back to slow pitch softball where they should be anyway. Not allowed in college or pro. If it can't be done with wood, it can't be done! Other than that you are just pushing rope.

Can't agree that hot bats end in BBCOR land. The drop a zillion bats end but there are still some bats that seem to launch the ball after the bat has been broken in for awhile.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  12:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

quote:
Originally posted by Punishers

Can't agree that hot bats end in BBCOR land. The drop a zillion bats end but there are still some bats that seem to launch the ball after the bat has been broken in for awhile.

True. Can till shave BBCOR if it's composite. I do remember the Marucci Cat 5 was banned a few years ago. BBCOR stamp but was BESR type performance. All in favor of wood, say I???

Edited by - Punishers on 05/01/2018 12:14:53
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2018 :  17:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another hot bat bites the dust!
Go to Top of Page

Hurricane

351 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2018 :  08:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree go to wood... IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Go to Top of Page