12U General Discussion
 TbS Spring Slugfest Results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

throwsgas

10 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2018 :  07:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well guys, if you wanted baseball and you wanted fantastic weather you got it this weekend at East Cobb! TbS did their thing over there with this new Double Elimination from the start putting all teams in bracket play mode immediately and what a tournament. I got to see Friday, Sat and some on Sunday and it was some great baseball. I wonder how many of you made it out of your "man-caves" where we have all been hiding from this extended winter rain and weather? The big boys finally all got it lined up and even with tough competition at every turn the big boys had the pitching and the hitting to outlast the other major programs. When you see the top bracket final four with 643 vs Kennesaw and GA Power vs Gainesville you know you are in for a treat as a fan. I hated having to wake up at 7:30 to get over there for that one but it was worth it if you like travel baseball. Not sure why undefeated teams had to play to early in the day but maybe that had to do with the format. The big boys knew what was at stake to stay in that winners bracket in a grueling 16 team double elimination event. If you just look at the brackets you will see why. If a team gets in the losers bracket you better have arms forever on your bench!!! Tough to make that run. All the big boys threw their top few pitchers to survive that final four with Kennesaw and GA Power breaking through to play in the final match up of undefeated teams. If you were not out there to see what happened after that you missed some great playing and coaching. There were some awesome efforts by players and teams. GA Jackets did themselves proud and were surprising some teams that are normally in the top tier. Gainesville did their thing after losing to Power and battled back but when you play Power, 643 Cougars and Kennesaw again that's a tough row to hoe... GA Power team, everyone knows about Kennesaw and Gainesville but to play Gainesville and win, then defeat soundly the Kennesaw Generals 9-2 to put them back against Gainesville again and force those two juggernauts to play again and then to play Kennesaw two more times and survive that is IMPRESSIVE!!! And then yes, as many have heard and I watched on Game Changer where the LIGHTS WENT OUT AT EAST COBB COMPLEX!!!??? In the championship ... After all that fighting and clawing by both teams for three days that just stinks!!! Not sure how that happens with the East Cobb complex but it's just disappointing I am sure for the kids that laid it on the line. My understanding from a few parents is the place just went totally black out and they had no way to get it turned on. Most parks have lights that can be turned on by a cell phone these days?.....GA Power was winning 3-0 with one of their top pitchers on the mound in the bottom of the 3rd so you never know what could / would have happened.... Just a disappointing finish to a great tournament. My hats off to Kennesaw and GA Power. If you have not seen it just go look at the brackets for this bad boy!!! Games everywhere and to survive that is not easy. I have older kids now that have moved on and I have seen many baseball days but nothing is better than double elimination to test a team. My older ones loved that format. But to do it with 16 teams is incredibly difficult. I loved it as a fan TbS if you are reading these post. Nice job! Give us more....just make sure the lights stay on

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000