Sponsorship
Opportunities

Sponsored Links
Precision Baseball
SmarTense Training
Georgia Bombers Baseball Club
Service Baseball
Hopewell Baseball
Gwinnett County Baseball
Development First Sports Academy
Opportunities Through Athletics
RBI Tournaments
Ninth Inning Baseball
Out of the Park
Perfect Game
NEXTLVL 3.5
Training Legends
17 Baseball
Georgia Jackets
Cherokee Batting Range
Georgia Stars
Dingers Athletics
Quick Links
Cooperstown
Tournaments
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA Links
To Indexes

Cooperstown
Tournaments
Join NWBA Team Insurance
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 8U General Discussion
 Top 8U Teams for 2019/2020 Season
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

igotitigotit

20 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2019 :  20:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To early to tell I know, but this age group has a TON of talent from the teams I’ve seen play this fall. East Cobb Astro Orange, Kennesaw Generals, 643 Cougars, and North Cherokee Select have a very strong program. I’d say with ease these are the top 4 teams right now.

Hard90

9 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2019 :  11:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
8U rankings? Fall, no less?

You serious, Clark?
Go to Top of Page

igotitigotit

20 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2019 :  09:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard90

8U rankings? Fall, no less?

You serious, Clark?



Absolutely Fall...strictly fall and all these teams will surly change come spring and into summer.
Go to Top of Page

McGlovin

8 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2019 :  17:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Newbie to the site. I have a 8yr old that plays and we have faced a lot of teams also this fall and I would say that the above list is pretty close to what I’d say too. Here are my top 5 that we’ve seen or faced. I’m sure these may change in the fall but these teams definitely stood out above the rest.

East Cobb Astros Orange
Kennesaw Generals
East Cobb Astros Navy
Canes Gold
North Cherokee Select
Go to Top of Page

oneZone

115 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2019 :  21:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Navy? Where have they been this Fall?

quote:
Originally posted by McGlovin

Newbie to the site. I have a 8yr old that plays and we have faced a lot of teams also this fall and I would say that the above list is pretty close to what I’d say too. Here are my top 5 that we’ve seen or faced. I’m sure these may change in the fall but these teams definitely stood out above the rest.

East Cobb Astros Orange
Kennesaw Generals
East Cobb Astros Navy
Canes Gold
North Cherokee Select

Go to Top of Page

McGlovin

8 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2019 :  23:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oneZone

Navy? Where have they been this Fall?

quote:
Originally posted by McGlovin

Newbie to the site. I have a 8yr old that plays and we have faced a lot of teams also this fall and I would say that the above list is pretty close to what I’d say too. Here are my top 5 that we’ve seen or faced. I’m sure these may change in the fall but these teams definitely stood out above the rest.

East Cobb Astros Orange
Kennesaw Generals
East Cobb Astros Navy
Canes Gold
North Cherokee Select





They have played two tournaments and have won them both. I believe almost every player on their team plays football and hence why they have only been in two tournaments. “Both Training Legends Tournaments”

Edited by - McGlovin on 10/30/2019 10:11:08
Go to Top of Page

McGlovin

8 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2019 :  12:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fall season came to a close last night with a fantastic battle for the USSSA Nationals Championship between two power houses with the Kennesaw Generals winning it all against North Cherokee Select. Going into Spring I’m going to rank the Top 5 teams in NWGA imo.

1. Kennesaw Generals “this team is stacked and can play lights out baseball from top to bottom on their roster on both sides of the ball”
2. East Cobb Astros Navy “also stacked top to bottom, didn’t play in a lot of tournaments because of football they’ll come out hot in the spring”
3. East Cobb Astros Orange “big bats and solid defense and can play with anyone on any day”
4. Canes Gold “very solid baseball team and thunder in the bats”
5. North Cherokee Select “solid on both sides of the ball and can also win on any day”

Kid pitch come spring may mix a lot of this up, but until then these top 5 teams have the wins and championships to back it up. It’s going to be an awesome spring/summer with this age group with as much talent that it has.

Edited by - McGlovin on 11/11/2019 14:03:11
Go to Top of Page

eabaseball11

1 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2019 :  18:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McGlovin

Fall season came to a close last night with a fantastic battle for the USSSA Nationals Championship between two power houses with the Kennesaw Generals winning it all against North Cherokee Select. Going into Spring I’m going to rank the Top 5 teams in NWGA imo.

1. Kennesaw Generals “this team is stacked and can play lights out baseball from top to bottom on their roster on both sides of the ball”
2. East Cobb Astros Navy “also stacked top to bottom, didn’t play in a lot of tournaments because of football they’ll come out hot in the spring”
3. East Cobb Astros Orange “big bats and solid defense and can play with anyone on any day”
4. Canes Gold “very solid baseball team and thunder in the bats”
5. North Cherokee Select “solid on both sides of the ball and can also win on any day”

Kid pitch come spring may mix a lot of this up, but until then these top 5 teams have the wins and championships to back it up. It’s going to be an awesome spring/summer with this age group with as much talent that it has.



Travel ball at 8 is "interesting" to me. A rec league all star team that played 2 fall tournaments and only practiced a handful of times (East Side Thunder) won the Fall State event 2 weeks ago that had both the Kennesaw Generals and North Cherokee Select. East Side beat North Cherokee in pool play and beat a team out of Alabama for the championship that beat Kennesaw in pool play. All that to say it is a crap shoot with coach pitch and I think it is very difficult, if not impossible, to rank teams with the small amount of data that is out there.
Go to Top of Page

Hard90

9 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2019 :  15:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Travel ball at 8 is "interesting" to me. A rec league all star team that played 2 fall tournaments and only practiced a handful of times (East Side Thunder) won the Fall State event 2 weeks ago that had both the Kennesaw Generals and North Cherokee Select. East Side beat North Cherokee in pool play and beat a team out of Alabama for the championship that beat Kennesaw in pool play. All that to say it is a crap shoot with coach pitch and I think it is very difficult, if not impossible, to rank teams with the small amount of data that is out there.



Posts on message boards eager to "rank" teams are always pushed by someone from one of the teams in their "rankings." Ranking 8U COACH PITCH...this has to be sarcasm. It's glorified tee ball.
Go to Top of Page

Rockybaseball

3 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2019 :  11:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is alittle early. There are a bunch of teams and players that people don't know about yet. Coach pitch doesn't count, not to say these teams won't be good kid pitch teams. We will see. A 7U team place 3rd at the USSSA National coach pitch tournament.

HAVOC won the kid pitch tournament so I guess they're the team to beat.

Below I'll make a list of kid pitch teams to look out for in no particular order. I'll included the teams above assuming they'll move to kid pitch.

Kid Pitch Teams to look for:
East Cobb Astros Orange
Kennesaw Generals
East Cobb Astros Navy
Canes Gold
North Cherokee Select
East Side Thunder
HAVOC
Gwinnett Stripers
Rawlings Tigers
Dingers
Rip City Remix

There are some other teams out there that will need to be added.

Edited by - Rockybaseball on 11/20/2019 14:05:35
Go to Top of Page

Rockybaseball

3 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2020 :  09:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like we're going to have a pretty competitive tournament right out of the gate for the 2020 8U KP spring season at the USSSA Leap Out 2020. All traditionally good teams. Below are the teams signed up so far. Good luck to everyone! I know everyone is working hard.

ECB Orange
TKO Giants
ECB White
Georgia Jackets
HAVOC Baseball
Knoxville Stars
Meridian Panthers
Hopewell Hawks

This should be a good one.

Edited by - Rockybaseball on 01/16/2020 09:20:30
Go to Top of Page

TC John

2 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  20:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top 8U Kid Pitch teams check it out

Triple Crown Summer Nationals Kid Pitch Myrtle Beach, SC
July 14-19, 2020
8U 5 game guarantee, great facilities, great experience $300
looking to build a strong 8U division

take a look: https://www.tcsummernationals.com/event-details.html

John Casale 9706720583- john@triplecrownsports.com
Go to Top of Page

igotitigotit

20 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2020 :  21:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top 3 8u Teams:

8u KP
1. Kennesaw Generals
2. Canes Gold
3. Havoc

8u CP:
1. East Cobb Astros Navy
2. Game On Lookouts
3. 643 Cougars

I’ve had a chance to watch all the top teams battle it out since last fall in coach pitch and make the transition to kid pitch and pretty much all the top coach pitch teams made the transition pretty well and stayed at a higher level of play over their competitors. The one team that sticks out far and above over EVERYONE is the Kennesaw Generals. That teams is STACKED 1-12 on offensive and defensive. Had the opportunity to see them play the last two weekends and they just dominate the game from start to finish. The last 6 weeks of baseball will be very interesting to see who will be given the title of Top Dog at 8u this year. The talent that is in this current 8u class is unbelievable, going to be very fun to watch this age group over the next few years.

Edited by - igotitigotit on 06/30/2020 22:04:51
Go to Top of Page

Insanity199

1 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2020 :  11:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am curious how you came up with the above. Up until the last tournament, Kennesaw Generals 8u has been playing Coach Pitch based on GameChanger. Their last tournament, they played kid pitch and did great.

Meanwhile, 643 Cougars and East Cobb Astros Navy have been playing all Spring in Kid Pitch yet you have them in the Coach pitch category.

On top of this, Havoc, Georgia Bombers and GA Jackets 8u have been dominating in their 8u tournaments early on and they are all now playing 9u tournaments to be challenged and prepare for Fall.

All the above are great teams but I think it is way too early to say the Generals are far superior when other teams dominated in similar fashion.
Go to Top of Page

igotitigotit

20 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  21:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Insanity199

I am curious how you came up with the above. Up until the last tournament, Kennesaw Generals 8u has been playing Coach Pitch based on GameChanger. Their last tournament, they played kid pitch and did great.

Meanwhile, 643 Cougars and East Cobb Astros Navy have been playing all Spring in Kid Pitch yet you have them in the Coach pitch category.

On top of this, Havoc, Georgia Bombers and GA Jackets 8u have been dominating in their 8u tournaments early on and they are all now playing 9u tournaments to be challenged and prepare for Fall.

All the above are great teams but I think it is way too early to say the Generals are far superior when other teams dominated in similar fashion.




I put them in CP because they would dominate their opponents in CP, but don’t make the cut at KP level yet. I haven’t seen GA Jackets or Ga Bombers. Maybe my current top 3 will meet up with some other top tier teams before years end to see who takes home the crown for 8u this summer. Looks like it would be some awesome ball if it could happen.
Go to Top of Page

Hard90

9 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  15:42:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@insanity199 you should know by now that the people who come on message boards to talk about "rankings" are there to tout their own teams. It's pretty funny. Almost as comical as ranking 8-year-old baseball teams.

Edited by - Hard90 on 07/03/2020 17:30:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-20 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000