Sponsorship
Opportunities

Sponsored Links
Cherokee Batting Range
Georgia Stars
Forsyth Grizzlies - Georgia Octane
Flush Baseball
Georgia Jackets
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA Links
To Indexes

Cooperstown
Tournaments
Join NWBA Team Insurance
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 14U General Discussion
 GWS Qualifier
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justletemplay

46 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  23:46:45  Show Profile
How about the tournament this past weekend for 14u's? It was certainly "funny' pool play. Ended up just about how we expected it.

smoke

91 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  12:27:50  Show Profile
funny pool play? i dont think 6-4-3 was laughing
Go to Top of Page

bestplayinbaseball

67 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  19:25:47  Show Profile
But it is "funny" how those other 2 teams ended up in the same pool only to have Stars forfeit.
I do agree 643 wasn't laughing. I would have felt the same for any other team thrown into that pool. Perhaps another team would have played some ball, win or lose. It's still reps and plate appearances.
Go to Top of Page

knucklecurve

171 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  22:23:27  Show Profile
Why did the Stars forfeit?
quote:
Originally posted by bestplayinbaseball

But it is "funny" how those other 2 teams ended up in the same pool only to have Stars forfeit.
I do agree 643 wasn't laughing. I would have felt the same for any other team thrown into that pool. Perhaps another team would have played some ball, win or lose. It's still reps and plate appearances.


Edited by - knucklecurve on 03/27/2012 22:37:58
Go to Top of Page

bestplayinbaseball

67 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  18:52:22  Show Profile
No idea, any guess would be conjecture. The Stars left after their game w/ 643.
Go to Top of Page

itsaboutbb

164 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  07:49:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smoke

funny pool play? i dont think 6-4-3 was laughing




Maybe it's that long lasting friendship between the two organizations.
Go to Top of Page

itsaboutbb

164 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  07:52:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bestplayinbaseball

No idea, any guess would be conjecture. The Stars left after their game w/ 643.


The Stars Beating the Astros in Champ game? Now how would that look?
Go to Top of Page

bestplayinbaseball

67 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  11:43:51  Show Profile
I'd rather play,and take on the battle, than to not have fought at all. What do you learn from not playing a game! Live to fight another day??? If it is about development........what develops from not competing, win or lose, bad blood or not. It's not war, it's baseball. It just makes the pool division look even more suspect.
Go to Top of Page

highcheese

71 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  23:08:43  Show Profile
Beginning of the season, players missing for HS, and no arms left for the bump. Live to play another day.
Go to Top of Page

knucklecurve

171 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  23:13:26  Show Profile
Then just don't sign up for tournaments until the highschool players are back. Would make more since to play a lot of scrimmages in the beginning of the season if you are short players........Doesn't make since to ruin a tournament for teams that have capeable players!
quote:
Originally posted by highcheese

Beginning of the season, players missing for HS, and no arms left for the bump. Live to play another day.

Go to Top of Page

bestplayinbaseball

67 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  08:04:01  Show Profile
If the 1st place team forfeits they don't stay in 1st. They'd forfeit 1st place as well.
Go to Top of Page

highcheese

71 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  21:34:53  Show Profile
Was told stars had no one left to pitch. Plain and simple. Couple injuries, worn out arms, no bodies. If you think throwing a kid on sunday who threw 75-80 pitches on friday is a good idea, then they should of played. Do not see how a tournament can be "ruined" if you made it all the way to the championship. They competed with every ounce of what their team had.
Go to Top of Page

knucklecurve

171 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  11:01:41  Show Profile
I just think if you don't have enough bodies to play and a lot of injuries, you don't enter a tourney. I bet the team that was knocked out by the Stars would have liked to play in the championship game if they had able arms to pitch. Never do I think it is a good idea to over pitch players. I see it happen way too much! That is why there are so many inuries this early in the season, especially with the boys pitching 6 feet further back than last season. That's all....
quote:
Originally posted by highcheese

Was told stars had no one left to pitch. Plain and simple. Couple injuries, worn out arms, no bodies. If you think throwing a kid on sunday who threw 75-80 pitches on friday is a good idea, then they should of played. Do not see how a tournament can be "ruined" if you made it all the way to the championship. They competed with every ounce of what their team had.


Edited by - knucklecurve on 04/04/2012 11:13:38
Go to Top of Page

coachpitch

66 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  10:48:33  Show Profile
Are you certain the Stars didn't have guys get hurt IN that last game? That is a very reputable baseball organization, so I find it hard to believe they were going to do something bush league or wrong. I have to assume some things happened that they simply did not anticipate.

quote:
Originally posted by knucklecurve

I just think if you don't have enough bodies to play and a lot of injuries, you don't enter a tourney. I bet the team that was knocked out by the Stars would have liked to play in the championship game if they had able arms to pitch. Never do I think it is a good idea to over pitch players. I see it happen way too much! That is why there are so many inuries this early in the season, especially with the boys pitching 6 feet further back than last season. That's all....
quote:
Originally posted by highcheese

Was told stars had no one left to pitch. Plain and simple. Couple injuries, worn out arms, no bodies. If you think throwing a kid on sunday who threw 75-80 pitches on friday is a good idea, then they should of played. Do not see how a tournament can be "ruined" if you made it all the way to the championship. They competed with every ounce of what their team had.



Go to Top of Page

knucklecurve

171 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  12:21:34  Show Profile
I am not saying they are not a reputable program by any means. I just know several teams that still have highschool kids out and arm injuries and they are still playing in these tournaments without enough bodies, saying they will forfiet if they run out of arms. With 15 to 16 boys to a team, if everyone is present, you should have plenty of arms to go deep in a tournament. Especially with most of these tournaments having only 2 to 3 pool play games. This should not be a problem now since the highschool boys should be finished this week! :)
quote:
Originally posted by coachpitch

Are you certain the Stars didn't have guys get hurt IN that last game? That is a very reputable baseball organization, so I find it hard to believe they were going to do something bush league or wrong. I have to assume some things happened that they simply did not anticipate.

quote:
Originally posted by knucklecurve

I just think if you don't have enough bodies to play and a lot of injuries, you don't enter a tourney. I bet the team that was knocked out by the Stars would have liked to play in the championship game if they had able arms to pitch. Never do I think it is a good idea to over pitch players. I see it happen way too much! That is why there are so many inuries this early in the season, especially with the boys pitching 6 feet further back than last season. That's all....
quote:
Originally posted by highcheese

Was told stars had no one left to pitch. Plain and simple. Couple injuries, worn out arms, no bodies. If you think throwing a kid on sunday who threw 75-80 pitches on friday is a good idea, then they should of played. Do not see how a tournament can be "ruined" if you made it all the way to the championship. They competed with every ounce of what their team had.






Edited by - knucklecurve on 04/11/2012 13:45:29
Go to Top of Page

WRECB

27 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  18:50:13  Show Profile
I am the head coach of the 14 Stars and we did not play the championship game because I was out of pitching completly do to injuries. I only had 10 healthy players that Sun after Sat injuries and I'm not interested in risking further injury for a trophy. I spoke with the Coach of 6-4-3 and he would have done the same as they were out of pitching as well. Sometimes you have to make decisions for the best of the kids not parents(or other coaches) wanting trophies. Look forward to good baseball this season and see everyone at the ballpark. Thanks, Wes
Go to Top of Page

Flatbat22

18 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  00:44:48  Show Profile
Not sure about the Stars situation, but I think it's ridiculous for any kid to play 4 games on any day. Especially after playing a minimum of 2 games on Saturdays. Most organizations won't carry 20+ kids on a roster due to a lack of development. Development is what it's about, isn't it? Don't risk injury to make any parent, organization, or coach happy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000