Sponsorship
Opportunities

Sponsored Links
Forsyth Grizzlies - Georgia Octane
Cherokee Batting Range
Georgia Stars
Flush Baseball
Georgia Jackets
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA Links
To Indexes

Cooperstown
Tournaments
Join NWBA Team Insurance
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 9U General Discussion
 Triple Crown State Tournament
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  21:56:03  Show Profile
Strong field of teams in the double elimination tournament:

Georgia Pirates
Reebok
643
Black Knights
Cherokee Reds
Astros
Titans
Thunder
HP Chilidogs Kearns
Yankees
Alpharetta Warriors
Acworth Warriors
Coal Mountain Raiders
Georgia Select
Elite Gamers
First Redeemer Saints
Georgia Stingers Elite
New Hope Rangers

Does anyone agree that pitching depth will be a huge factor with this format?


DCC

64 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2012 :  10:10:56  Show Profile
The top teams should have plenty of pitching depth in this format....unless they have to come from the losers bracket....lose one of the first two games and it becomes really tough.
Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  20:18:00  Show Profile
19 teams paid to play this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

baseballnutz

427 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  22:38:31  Show Profile
I'm calling Acworth puts it together and get's it done this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2012 :  23:39:18  Show Profile
Acworth is a really good team. I don't know if they have the pitching depth to make it through a tournament this big and win it all.
Go to Top of Page

baseballnutz

427 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  08:58:13  Show Profile
It hasn't been Acworth's pitching that has let them down, they have plenty of quality arms. If they can keep their bats going and avoid the big 1/2 inning on D they will be there in the end. I see this team peeking at the right time.

Edited by - baseballnutz on 05/30/2012 11:18:05
Go to Top of Page

ATLDEE

41 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  09:21:27  Show Profile
I agree this is a good tourney...i think it will come down to the following teams (in no particular order)

Astros
warriors
Ga. Select
HP Chillidogs Kearns
Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  22:19:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ATLDEE

I agree this is a good tourney...i think it will come down to the following teams (in no particular order)

Astros
warriors
Ga. Select
HP Chillidogs Kearns


I agree. However, if you consider the pool schedule, I think the Gamers could be the Dark Horse team in this tourney to make it to the final game.

Edited by - offspeed4 on 05/31/2012 22:29:54
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  12:47:27  Show Profile
I think HP Kearns, ECB Blk Knights, Gamers and Kennesaw have the best pool draws but I will go with HP Kearns or ECB Blk Knights to win it all.

Pool F is tough-The Astros, Pirates, Titans and Warriors pitching depth will be tested this weekend.

Triple Crown must not look at overall team strength and just pull numbers or names (True luck of the draw???). Should be fun!



Edited by - 3up3down on 06/01/2012 13:32:36
Go to Top of Page

baseballnutz

427 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  22:06:46  Show Profile
Acworth, you've put yourself in a great spot going into tomorrow - go get it done!
Go to Top of Page

coach32

18 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  07:25:28  Show Profile
Congrats to Georgia Select for win over East Cobb Black Knights in the Championship Game. Extra kudos to the Black Knights beating Astros, Chilidogs, and Acworth Warriors back to back to back to get to the championship game. Black Knights have been playing with the same 10 boys every tournament this year.
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  09:53:13  Show Profile
Great weekend of baseball! Congrats to the Georgia Select + 1 Bulldog player for winning the championship.
I was most impressed with the original teams of the Black Knights and Acworth this weekend. The Knights played tough and had some huge wins in the loser bracket. For a first year team in kid pitch, Acworth played solid all weekend and will be a team to watch.

Edited by - 3up3down on 06/04/2012 15:54:57
Go to Top of Page

ATLDEE

41 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  10:00:43  Show Profile
Congrats Ga select .....and WoW I must say I didn't see this next one coming...Good job ECB Black Knights looks like you guys put together a great run on Sunday..playing through the the Loosers bracket early and beating some really good teams...
Go to Top of Page

warriors3388

1 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  10:01:28  Show Profile
Congrats to the black knights for plugging through a realy tuff schedule. Hats off to you guys and all the other teams that competed this weekend with their original roster.
Go to Top of Page

michael payne

19 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  10:20:38  Show Profile
Can someone please send or guide me to a web site to see the brackets for this tournament, please?
Go to Top of Page

ATLDEE

41 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  16:48:48  Show Profile
OK....I have to ask... What's with all the talk about original rosters and so forth? Did a team use illegal player(s)... and did those individuals make that much of a difference in the outcome of the games?
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  18:30:38  Show Profile
To my knowledge there were NO illegal players but Triple Crown does not freeze rosters. The Bulldogs were off and several Bulldog players were picked up and playing on other teams to include: Astros, Chillidogs and Georgia Select. I'm not sure if these pickups were difference makers but it could not hurt. No teams broke any rules but I don't agree with this format for a Triple Crown State Championship. Hopefully this will not turn into a big pickup State Championship with a sleeping onsite tournament director.

Hats off to all the teams that coached up the kids and played with their original rosters picked back in July/August 2011.

Here is a link:
http://www.triplecrownsports.com/showbracketgen_gameinfo.asp?tournyid=4674&divisionid=79



quote:
Originally posted by ATLDEE

OK....I have to ask... What's with all the talk about original rosters and so forth? Did a team use illegal player(s)... and did those individuals make that much of a difference in the outcome of the games?


Edited by - 3up3down on 06/04/2012 21:28:15
Go to Top of Page

Catcherintherye

18 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  09:02:40  Show Profile
For the record, Warriors3388 is in no way associated with the Acworth Warriors.
Go to Top of Page

TOPDOG

92 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  09:58:06  Show Profile
The Bulldogs also had one with the Elite Gamers and one player playing in a Camsports event in south Georgia. Whether you like the format or not really doesn't matter. Everyone knew the format coming into the tournament. With it being 2 pool games going into double eleimination, I think it was very smart to add some arms to your roster. Some of these kids could have gotten over pitched if their team would have went the distance. All of the Bulldogs that participated had a blast. I am sure everyone of them made some new friends and had fun playing the game they love.
One or two players on a team never make the difference in a game. Baseball is a team effort from the beginning until the end and the team that plays as a team usually wins the tournament. Congrats Georgia Select for a great team effort this weekend and being the TRIPLE CROWN STATE CHAMPS!!
quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

To my knowledge there were NO illegal players but Triple Crown does not freeze rosters. The Bulldogs were off and several Bulldog players were picked up and playing on other teams to include: Astros, Chillidogs and Georgia Select. I'm not sure if these pickups were difference makers but it could not hurt. No teams broke any rules but I don't agree with this format for a Triple Crown State Championship. Hopefully this will not turn into a big pickup State Championship with a sleeping onsite tournament director.

Hats off to all the teams that coached up the kids and played with their original rosters picked back in July/August 2011.

Here is a link:
http://www.triplecrownsports.com/showbracketgen_gameinfo.asp?tournyid=4674&divisionid=79



quote:
Originally posted by ATLDEE

OK....I have to ask... What's with all the talk about original rosters and so forth? Did a team use illegal player(s)... and did those individuals make that much of a difference in the outcome of the games?



Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  10:22:24  Show Profile
Congrats to Georgia Select for winning the tournament. The 9U age group has a bunch of very good baseball teams.
Go to Top of Page

3up3down

68 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  13:55:55  Show Profile
TOPDOG- It is a team effort and I don't blame a team for picking up extra players with this format but I disagree with you here TOPDOG. If a team team picks up 1-2 players it can make a huge difference with pitching, hitting and defense! The Bulldogs did no wrong allowing players to get extra reps in for the weekend and make new friends but shame on Triple Crown for calling it the Triple Crown State Championship vs. TC Pickup State Championship.

Here is a question- Why do teams even register with a roster on TC when they do not seem to worry about it in their biggest tournament of the year?




quote:
Originally posted by TOPDOG

The Bulldogs also had one with the Elite Gamers and one player playing in a Camsports event in south Georgia. Whether you like the format or not really doesn't matter. Everyone knew the format coming into the tournament. With it being 2 pool games going into double eleimination, I think it was very smart to add some arms to your roster. Some of these kids could have gotten over pitched if their team would have went the distance. All of the Bulldogs that participated had a blast. I am sure everyone of them made some new friends and had fun playing the game they love.
One or two players on a team never make the difference in a game. Baseball is a team effort from the beginning until the end and the team that plays as a team usually wins the tournament. Congrats Georgia Select for a great team effort this weekend and being the TRIPLE CROWN STATE CHAMPS!!
quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

To my knowledge there were NO illegal players but Triple Crown does not freeze rosters. The Bulldogs were off and several Bulldog players were picked up and playing on other teams to include: Astros, Chillidogs and Georgia Select. I'm not sure if these pickups were difference makers but it could not hurt. No teams broke any rules but I don't agree with this format for a Triple Crown State Championship. Hopefully this will not turn into a big pickup State Championship with a sleeping onsite tournament director.

Hats off to all the teams that coached up the kids and played with their original rosters picked back in July/August 2011.

Here is a link:
http://www.triplecrownsports.com/showbracketgen_gameinfo.asp?tournyid=4674&divisionid=79



quote:
Originally posted by ATLDEE

OK....I have to ask... What's with all the talk about original rosters and so forth? Did a team use illegal player(s)... and did those individuals make that much of a difference in the outcome of the games?






Edited by - 3up3down on 06/05/2012 21:47:16
Go to Top of Page

RHRN

13 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  19:09:36  Show Profile
Seriously... What is all this "origional roster talk". This is not recreational baseball. No rules were broken. This was a tournament full of some of the best 9U talent in the State. If you don't like the format or the rules then just don't play. Don't whine about it and take shots at teams that invited talented players to come play with them and didn't break any rules. Congrats to the Select and the Black Knights. I didn't get to see much of the Select but I can tell you that the Black Knights bats were really hot!
Go to Top of Page

benchcoach

1 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  22:23:03  Show Profile
It is my understanding that the one Bulldog player for GA Select never pitched. Also, I believe they had an injured player on Sunday making the additional player come in handy. Either way it is 9u travel baseball. Bring your best and play by the rules.
Outstanding job by all teams, especially the ones that made it to the final four. It was a joy to see such competitive baseball. Great work boys, coaches and parents.

FYI
After several complaints concerning the umpires, field conditions, site director, etc., this issue has been addressed with The Triple Crown Director. With much dismay and apology, he has promised to follow up and make the necessary changes so that these type issues do not happen again.
Go to Top of Page

mrbama31

252 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  08:46:20  Show Profile
I applaud teams that have dedicated parents and players that commit to one another and build something special with in the group. It certainly is worth noting when coaches are able to make teams successful and cohesive without the need for pick up players.

I did not read any over the top comments regarding pick up players. Teams certainly can get themselves in situation where there is a need to pick up players just to play and that is understandable. But I am one to be much more impressed with a team with their original 10 players/families playing their hearts out and making a good run on Sunday than with a team that wins the Championship or gets beat early with borrowed players. Not to say its not legal or unethical ....But some folks have an appreciation for team developement from with in verses pick ups from other teams.

The rules allow it you are correct... But for those that don't do it to help win an extra 9 yr old baseball game and stay true to their original commitments ....much respect to you.


quote:
Originally posted by RHRN

Seriously... What is all this "origional roster talk". This is not recreational baseball. No rules were broken. This was a tournament full of some of the best 9U talent in the State. If you don't like the format or the rules then just don't play. Don't whine about it and take shots at teams that invited talented players to come play with them and didn't break any rules. Congrats to the Select and the Black Knights. I didn't get to see much of the Select but I can tell you that the Black Knights bats were really hot!


Edited by - mrbama31 on 06/06/2012 09:24:58
Go to Top of Page

offspeed4

169 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  12:17:12  Show Profile
By the end of the season some kids have decided to go a different direction or moved out of State, etc...leaving teams with less players than they started and planned for? A solid argument could be made that most teams over pitch their best pitchers which can potentially harm their future. So in a big tourney like the TC State, I believe it is probably wise for most teams to pick up at least one extra arm to help with the innings or just pitch your whole team or both. I know it may help make some people feel better to take shots at teams for the decisions they make. But ultimately, as long as they play by the rules and the coaches/parents/players are on board, then it should be of no concern to others. How many kids this year have sore arms because of being over pitched? The TC rules along with USSSA are in place to give teams options at the end of the season to help better manage their situation.. I do believe this forum is helpful. It is great to hear all the different opinions. However, I would be careful not to be so quick to criticize teams that are following the rules. To win the TC tournament a team has to play a minimum of 6 games with a max of 12. How many teams out there with their original 10 feel like they could play 10-12 games without over pitching their kids? If the answer is no, then I would ask why would you put your kids in a situation that would possibly be harmful for their future?

Again, congratulations to the Georgia Select for winning the TC State.

quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

TOPDOG- It is a team effort and I don't blame a team for picking up extra players with this format but I disagree with you here TOPDOG. If a team team picks up 1-2 players it can make a huge difference with pitching, hitting and defense! The Bulldogs did no wrong allowing players to get extra reps in for the weekend and make new friends but shame on Triple Crown for calling it the Triple Crown State Championship vs. TC Pickup State Championship.

Here is a question- Why do teams even register with a roster on TC when they do not seem to worry about it in their biggest tournament of the year?




quote:
Originally posted by TOPDOG

The Bulldogs also had one with the Elite Gamers and one player playing in a Camsports event in south Georgia. Whether you like the format or not really doesn't matter. Everyone knew the format coming into the tournament. With it being 2 pool games going into double eleimination, I think it was very smart to add some arms to your roster. Some of these kids could have gotten over pitched if their team would have went the distance. All of the Bulldogs that participated had a blast. I am sure everyone of them made some new friends and had fun playing the game they love.
One or two players on a team never make the difference in a game. Baseball is a team effort from the beginning until the end and the team that plays as a team usually wins the tournament. Congrats Georgia Select for a great team effort this weekend and being the TRIPLE CROWN STATE CHAMPS!!
quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

To my knowledge there were NO illegal players but Triple Crown does not freeze rosters. The Bulldogs were off and several Bulldog players were picked up and playing on other teams to include: Astros, Chillidogs and Georgia Select. I'm not sure if these pickups were difference makers but it could not hurt. No teams broke any rules but I don't agree with this format for a Triple Crown State Championship. Hopefully this will not turn into a big pickup State Championship with a sleeping onsite tournament director.

Hats off to all the teams that coached up the kids and played with their original rosters picked back in July/August 2011.

Here is a link:
http://www.triplecrownsports.com/showbracketgen_gameinfo.asp?tournyid=4674&divisionid=79



quote:
Originally posted by ATLDEE

OK....I have to ask... What's with all the talk about original rosters and so forth? Did a team use illegal player(s)... and did those individuals make that much of a difference in the outcome of the games?








Edited by - offspeed4 on 06/06/2012 12:44:44
Go to Top of Page

mrbama31

252 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  14:00:55  Show Profile

I believe it's more of an admiration for those teams that don't have the issues that many teams do this time of the year in terms of migrating players, sore arms, lack of developed pitching depth,unbalanced desire to win 9 year old tournaments, etc. than it is a criticism to those that pick up player for various reasons.


quote:
Originally posted by offspeed4

By the end of the season some kids have decided to go a different direction or moved out of State, etc...leaving teams with less players than they started and planned for? A solid argument could be made that most teams over pitch their best pitchers which can potentially harm their future. So in a big tourney like the TC State, I believe it is probably wise for most teams to pick up at least one extra arm to help with the innings or just pitch your whole team or both. I know it may help make some people feel better to take shots at teams for the decisions they make. But ultimately, as long as they play by the rules and the coaches/parents/players are on board, then it should be of no concern to others. How many kids this year have sore arms because of being over pitched? The TC rules along with USSSA are in place to give teams options at the end of the season to help better manage their situation.. I do believe this forum is helpful. It is great to hear all the different opinions. However, I would be careful not to be so quick to criticize teams that are following the rules. To win the TC tournament a team has to play a minimum of 6 games with a max of 12. How many teams out there with their original 10 feel like they could play 10-12 games without over pitching their kids? If the answer is no, then I would ask why would you put your kids in a situation that would possibly be harmful for their future?

Again, congratulations to the Georgia Select for winning the TC State.

quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

TOPDOG- It is a team effort and I don't blame a team for picking up extra players with this format but I disagree with you here TOPDOG. If a team team picks up 1-2 players it can make a huge difference with pitching, hitting and defense! The Bulldogs did no wrong allowing players to get extra reps in for the weekend and make new friends but shame on Triple Crown for calling it the Triple Crown State Championship vs. TC Pickup State Championship.

Here is a question- Why do teams even register with a roster on TC when they do not seem to worry about it in their biggest tournament of the year?




quote:
Originally posted by TOPDOG

The Bulldogs also had one with the Elite Gamers and one player playing in a Camsports event in south Georgia. Whether you like the format or not really doesn't matter. Everyone knew the format coming into the tournament. With it being 2 pool games going into double eleimination, I think it was very smart to add some arms to your roster. Some of these kids could have gotten over pitched if their team would have went the distance. All of the Bulldogs that participated had a blast. I am sure everyone of them made some new friends and had fun playing the game they love.
One or two players on a team never make the difference in a game. Baseball is a team effort from the beginning until the end and the team that plays as a team usually wins the tournament. Congrats Georgia Select for a great team effort this weekend and being the TRIPLE CROWN STATE CHAMPS!!
quote:
Originally posted by 3up3down

To my knowledge there were NO illegal players but Triple Crown does not freeze rosters. The Bulldogs were off and several Bulldog players were picked up and playing on other teams to include: Astros, Chillidogs and Georgia Select. I'm not sure if these pickups were difference makers but it could not hurt. No teams broke any rules but I don't agree with this format for a Triple Crown State Championship. Hopefully this will not turn into a big pickup State Championship with a sleeping onsite tournament director.

Hats off to all the teams that coached up the kids and played with their original rosters picked back in July/August 2011.

Here is a link:
http://www.triplecrownsports.com/showbracketgen_gameinfo.asp?tournyid=4674&divisionid=79



quote:
Originally posted by ATLDEE

OK....I have to ask... What's with all the talk about original rosters and so forth? Did a team use illegal player(s)... and did those individuals make that much of a difference in the outcome of the games?









Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000