New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

27outs

9 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2018 :  10:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I paid $55 for a custom set of gloves from Franklin for my son and he is in his second season with them. They are still in great condition because I make sure he doesn't crumble them into his bag, but make sure they are laid out to dry.

quote:
Originally posted by bama21

My son goes through at least 5 to 7 pair of batting gloves a year, but we hit a lot. With all the sweat, then the drying out, they start getting stiff and then they rip.

Go to Top of Page

bama21

278 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2018 :  13:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've even had the ones that you could supposedly wash and they didn't last either. We found it best to buy multiple pairs and switch them out.
Go to Top of Page

Punishers

688 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2018 :  14:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pawns propping up the machine. Followers need to be led.
Go to Top of Page

Il Leonne

11 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2018 :  18:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True story. Young teams and non-elite teams pay for the Really good players. If you're not on one those elite teams, you're the footing the bill. Not saying it's right or wrong--but that's the way it goes.

Go to Top of Page

bfriendly

376 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  11:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad my kid doesnt wear them i guess
Go to Top of Page

Vandy

36 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  19:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not been on here for a while and was just reading this thread. The 45's did not pay anything near the figures mentioned here for gloves or otherwise. While not a "Free" team, we had without exception the best uniforms and merch for far less than the other teams mention paying here. We also played in 10+ high dollar tourneys along with Auburn. Likewise fwiw as it relates to which team is better, the 15u 45's destroyed the Astro 15u team, Beat the 16u atec team repeatedly, and was a far superior team to the Atec 15's. Unfortunately that 45's 15u team is no longer competitive at 16u due to many players leaving. Matt and his crew are making strides in building the ECB brand. He is competent. There are many benefits to playing in the park although as mentioned there are some other programs that are much more boutique as it relates to being more competitive at the highest level. They also have a better training perspective overall. We've been on both sides of that fence. For us, the training, having Rapsodo in house, and being more competitive in the national tourneys meant leaving this year.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  07:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vandy

I have not been on here for a while and was just reading this thread. The 45's did not pay anything near the figures mentioned here for gloves or otherwise. While not a "Free" team, we had without exception the best uniforms and merch for far less than the other teams mention paying here. We also played in 10+ high dollar tourneys along with Auburn. Likewise fwiw as it relates to which team is better, the 15u 45's destroyed the Astro 15u team, Beat the 16u atec team repeatedly, and was a far superior team to the Atec 15's. Unfortunately that 45's 15u team is no longer competitive at 16u due to many players leaving. Matt and his crew are making strides in building the ECB brand. He is competent. There are many benefits to playing in the park although as mentioned there are some other programs that are much more boutique as it relates to being more competitive at the highest level. They also have a better training perspective overall. We've been on both sides of that fence. For us, the training, having Rapsodo in house, and being more competitive in the national tourneys meant leaving this year.

Agreed, see you around Vandy :- )
Go to Top of Page

SuperStar

257 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  11:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah the technology is getting better everyday with hitting and swinging the bat. Rapsodo is a program that basically monitors and analyzes the swing of a batter. All the experts say this is where it's heading so jump on board or get left behind. My son has access to this program as well. We shall see the outcome in the future.
Go to Top of Page

bama21

278 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  12:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, you can add this to your list of things to do as well. Get your son's eyes checked. If your invited to any MLB events, your son will be put through a multitude of tests, including a vision test. A home visit may also include the vision test.

Here is a quote from a doctor with the Red Sox:

“If you come in and you’re 20-20 and you’re playing major-league baseball, we’re not going to leave you there because that’s not going to be good enough,” said Laby, who has worked with the Red Sox since 2003 and has started work with the Chicago Cubs this spring. “I’m going to get you to more of the normal vision.”

They base a lot of your potential as a hitter on your vision. If you don't do well on the vision test, then you are probably not an MLB prospect.
Go to Top of Page

Critical Mass

277 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  19:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, if junior has coke bottle glasses, you may want to consider LASIK along with the East Cobb jerseys.
Go to Top of Page

tellit

97 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  11:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3K for the Rapsodo pitching equipment and 4k for the hitting equipment.

LOL, and I thought the parents concerned with radar guns were bad.

I am confident the 16u 45's will be fine this season.
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  13:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tellit

There are 3 former 15u 45's on this thread alone, that I know of, all left. So I guess we should ask what your definition of "fine" is.
Go to Top of Page

Vandy

36 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  19:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tellit

What exactly are you basing your "confidence" on? Fall performance?

Are you saying a 6k investment in worthy technology is overkill for a top notch organization? It doesn't sound as though you know anything about the technology being discussed. It is an outstanding bit of equipment that immediately produces legitimate data from which to baseline. Real good data. Every single D1, D2 and MLB program has this technology in use. As it relates to your radar comment, if you are playing where there isn't a radar on every pitch then you definitely have no need for one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000