13U General Discussion
 A question for the masses.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oldtimer21

3 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2019 :  09:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one who feels like we are getting a raw deal from all the tournament sponsors? And it's not just PG, USSSA, TC or TBS, it's all of them, and it's in every sport. The fees to play in these tournaments are ridiculous. Take PG for example, to play this last weekend, the fee was $650 with a $150 gate fee. I understand these people are in the business to make a profit, and I appreciate all the hard work they put in to make sure that all the games were played with the conditions working against everyone, but $800???? If my math is correct, and each team was charged the same amount, which is another topic completely, then gross just off 13U was $28000. That includes 60/90, major and minor. Do I blame the TD's? Heck no. It's capitalism. BUT, as the consumer, do we have other options? Can we create other options that are more economically friendly, while still being competitive, and have an affect on the cost of entering a tournament? Why not start a metro area travel league? Play 2 games a week? There's enough programs that have their own fields that the overhead would be minimal. Kids would get plenty of baseball in and the parents wouldn't be spending THOUSANDS of dollars in dues and also losing family time on the weekends. I love baseball and love seeing the kids compete, but it just seems like we've lost perspective. I'd love to hear how others feel. Including the TD's. Help us understand.

Edited by - oldtimer21 on 03/12/2019 10:35:30
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000