Walk up music
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rippit

667 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  09:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to start a topic just for this so it doesn't get lost:

Forgive my ignorance! I've been giving the music a thought and have a question (or five - lol).

A couple of you mentioned music for each boy that they choose. What happens when the batting order gets changed? I'm picturing having to go back and forth on the ipod looking for the right music. Is that how it's done? (We gotta have one person doing just this I guess?)

Or, other option is to have a bunch of different pieces of music the boys like that you just get when you get it. Or would that be a baseball party foul? (geez, I'm starting to sound like one of those annoying moms I was talking about.)

Also, the umpires don't care? As it stands, I may have a hard time selling this idea past the coach - very old school guy, but superb coach.

Does anybody know where to find the clean, short versions of songs or is this going to be my New Year's project?? ;)

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  12:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rippit, I will try to help but keep in mind my wife is the master of the music on our team.

My wife gets the batting order from our scorekeeper before the game. She has a "playlist" on her Ipod with the walk up songs so she only has 10-12 songs to pick from.

Very infrequently, an umpire will tell her to stop playing the walkup songs. The majority of the umpires enjoy the music. The kids and Moms love the music.

You can usually find the "clean" versions on iTunes or other websites that allow you to download music.

Best of luck.
Go to Top of Page

barsred98

116 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  22:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Bandit Hawk.......most umpires enjoy the music as long as you are attentive and turn it off when they are ready for the batter to step in.

Our batting order changes a little just about every game but once you know each kids song # then after a few games you get comfortable and can find it quickly.

Just fair warning though, you are going to have some opposing teams who think the music is obnoxious and make comments!!!! Sometimes you just have to grin and ignore it............... :-)
Go to Top of Page

rippit

667 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  08:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to both of you! As far as annoying the other team - oh well...every little bit helps.

Our guys won't do that annoying chanting like so many teams do. Coach won't allow it. They've been known to get fired up in the dugout after a great inning and do a lot of yelling, but chanting, not so much.
Go to Top of Page

philmitch

15 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  10:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are looking to acquire "cool" Moms. We are willing to trade a dozen baseballs (new), a box of unsharpened pencils, and 3 very uncool non-baseball Moms.
Go to Top of Page

rippit

667 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  15:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phil:

DEAL! (As long as the moms you are keeping are cool...)
Go to Top of Page

philmitch

15 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  12:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just not cool enough to post on NWBA message boards
Go to Top of Page

nastycurve

244 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  23:07:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol they need to get a "like" button like on facebook for this post!!!
Go to Top of Page

allaroundkid

5 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  00:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The walk up music is ok in my book, but one thing happened last season that was very "unclassy". Our team was getting beat pretty bad by a great team. We were changing pitchers and our guy was warming up. He's a little guy but has a great arm and a great love for the game. The other team was entertaining with their and starte playing the Barney song I LOVE YOU. Not too cool.
It's great when it's used to pump up your team. Not so great when used to get to the other teams kids. Just saying.
Go to Top of Page

excoach12

159 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  15:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walk up music is alot of fun and the kids love it-when you are on an isolated field. Playing music when in close proximity to other fields with games going on and it becomes annoying and intrusive to all the other teams around you.
Go to Top of Page

mom4baseball

38 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  09:08:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We play music for OUR kids. Never is it intended to degrade the other team,(teams that do that are WRONG). Usually the other team is dancing/singing right along with our music because BOTH teams are warming up. The music is intended to Pump up our players not annoy anyone, but after reading the forums breathing pretty much annoys somebody! Walk up music is for the player coming to bat, last only seconds and not as loud because the player is right there, also just a little fun for the boys, again not TRYING to annoy others, but it happens. Umpires don't usually care as long as the music is not interferring with the game. Highschools do it, colleges do it and so does the majors. The Cherokee Reds field this past weekend in Marietta did it, which made it easier for us! Like I said, no matter what you do somebody is always annoyed about something.
I love baseball!
Go to Top of Page

excoach12

159 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  22:48:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
High schools, colleges and the majors don't have multiple games being played on multiple fields within a couple yards of each other.
I personally enjoy the walk up music and it doesn't bother me. But posts in other threads show it does annoy others who are not part of your game.
I wonder if my cow bell ringing crowd drowns out your walk up music and the vuvuzela playing mommas on the other field?? :)
Go to Top of Page

PerfectGame

55 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  15:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate the cowbells and noisemakers. Drives me nuts because it's distracting.

I like the walk up music and as long as it's not interfering with another game going on I see no problem with it.

I like music between innings too.

Apparently I just like music.
Go to Top of Page

cpayne

2 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  15:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as finding the short versions of songs, and changing the batting order, there is an iPhone App called BallparkDJ which allows you to combine your voice (intro) with any part of any song. So you choose where to begin within the song, how long to play, how much overlap to have with the voice, and it automatically fades out. Also, you can drag and drop players around as the batting order changes (has a benching option which grays the player out and puts them at bottom). So you might want to check out BallparkDJ. Also has an option to order voicing for your team from the voice of the Atlanta Braves....we used that option this season and the kids love it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000