Baseball Moms
 Chafing Cure?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  09:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son is a catcher, and after a LONG day of up and down he can barely walk because of the chafing. I have given him baby ointment for night time, but he is still walking around like he had a pregnant waddle the next day. Is there something to put on him BEFORE he gets chafed to help him?

TOPDOG

92 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  09:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monkey Dust seems to work well for our boys.
quote:
Originally posted by CaCO3Girl

My son is a catcher, and after a LONG day of up and down he can barely walk because of the chafing. I have given him baby ointment for night time, but he is still walking around like he had a pregnant waddle the next day. Is there something to put on him BEFORE he gets chafed to help him?

Go to Top of Page

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  09:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anti Monkey Butt Powder. Basically talc with a powder calamine in the mix. Seriously better than anything out there for PREVENTING the chafing. May need to reapply during games if you're playing 2-3 on a humid day. Not just for catchers. Most kids on our team use it.

Works better than just baby powder.

You can get it at WalMart (or many other retailers, check out their site below with places to purchase). Also, given the name, most kids think it's cool to use it.

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  10:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone used the body glide stuff that looks like a deodorant stick? have people had better luck with a powder, or a paste?
Go to Top of Page

jahannah

11 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  10:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Body glide works great and is perfect for this application.
Go to Top of Page

GALefty

9 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  20:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the body glide works great. my son is catcher also, have him apply it routinely before every game, never a problem since
Go to Top of Page

CaCO3Girl

1989 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  09:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to let everyone know....my son prefers the body glide product. He said it went on easy and he had no problems that night. Thanks for all the feedback, it is greatly appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

TAZ980002

831 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  10:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found a new one - Beaudreaux' Butt Paste. Worked overnight to clear up my son's rash. We use Gold Bond to prevent.
Go to Top of Page

Pirate

8 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  15:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found that Goldbond works the best. It comes in a powder form and "roll on" type too. We usually start with powder prior to the start of the day, then use the roll on throughout the day as needed. It works for us.
Go to Top of Page

seminole tony

147 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  18:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AIR... Show up to game in shorts. Game time put on your sliders and pants.
Game over, take off the pants and sliders and let it breath. My son dusts before games with Monkey Butt Powder.
Soooo many kids wear sliders and pants all day waiting for the next game 2-4 hours later. We have had some luck with Gold Bond also but he prefers the "Monkey".
Wash his cup every now and then. I heard a kid say his cup hasn't left his bag in 2 years...ARGGG.
Go to Top of Page

F2202

63 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  13:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monkey butt is good but it doesn't have the cooling effect of gold bond. I know umpires that wear body glide and glide rite. I swear by gold bond - green bottle!
Go to Top of Page

Bballmom24

7 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2016 :  11:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use Gold Bond in the orange container. The powder works instantly. Some advice to keep your son from being laughed at. Don't use the entire bottle then slide in home. LOL We still laugh after 3 years. :-)
Go to Top of Page

rippit

667 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2016 :  10:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Tony said! Pants on for games only!
Go to Top of Page

bfriendly

376 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2016 :  10:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TAZ980002

Found a new one - Beaudreaux' Butt Paste. Worked overnight to clear up my son's rash. We use Gold Bond to prevent.

X2 on the Beaudraeux butt paste to "Heal". we used corn starch as kids growing up(would recommend any dry talc type powder, not johnsons). I am surprised my son has not complained about having these issues as I did when I was his age.
Go to Top of Page

DaveK69

1 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  05:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monkey butt and Gold bond are old school (to me). If you are looking for the best anti-chaffing product you need to try Pjur Active 2Skin. I bought mine on amazon and since then I have thrown away my Body Glide and gold bond powder!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000