Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

rippit

667 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  21:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PerfectGame

What is your tried and true for white pants WITH piping?

Guess what I get to do tonight??!!!
Go to Top of Page

PerfectGame

55 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  23:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iron Out is a winner for me!

My son's pants have NEVER been that white! It got every bit of dirt out and the pants looked brand new!
Go to Top of Page

tlecroy

4 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  12:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iron Out is the only way to go!
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMomof2

57 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  13:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladies - be careful if using Iron Out - don't soak for long periods in your washer if it has a metal tub. I ruined a washer that way. Soak in a plastic bucket, then put in the wash.

My tried and true method (refined over the years, after ruining my washer): Spray grass stains with oxy clean liquid in the spray bottle. Soak in plastic bucket with Iron Out for 2 hours. Then wash in machine washer with oxy clean powder. Works like a charm.

RJ CJDAD - we used to have moms to gather all of the uniforms after out of town games and wash them in the hotel laundramat. We usually stayed in Hampton Inns, they all have laundry rooms. We used one washer for the pants and one for the jerseys with sox and sliders thrown in. Players initials were on everything with laundry marker. Worked out well. Moms rotated this responsibility so no one was stuck doing it every time. Took about two hours to do all the uniforms that way.
Go to Top of Page

PerfectGame

55 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  15:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right Momof2 ... we were told to use the Iron Out ONLY in a bucket. But oddly it does say on the bottle that you CAN put it in your washing machine. You CAN'T! A Mom on our team did that and ruined her machine - it literally fried all the parts! I don't know why it says that on the bottle ... but it's def NOT true.

We used a Home Depot bucket :)

Go to Top of Page

homerun

10 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  14:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone ever tried iron out on gray mizuno pants?
Go to Top of Page

Coach D

167 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  16:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we've put the iron out in our washer for several years now , and it still runs like a champ!!!
Go to Top of Page

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  18:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by homerun

has anyone ever tried iron out on gray mizuno pants?

Yep, works great. Removes red clay and doesn't discolor gray fabric at all.
Go to Top of Page

barsred98

116 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  21:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have used Iron Out in my top load washer for almost 3 years and never had any problems......Have also run it through my dishwasher about twice a year to get the well water stains out......So far no plumbing or appliance problems......and gleaming white pants (works great on saddle pads too)!
Go to Top of Page

baseballrebel

3 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  21:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use iron out on gray mizuno pants it works great.
Go to Top of Page

dawgpen

5 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  12:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simple Green sprayed on white Mizuno's with navy blue piping, let it sit for 5 minutes and into the washing machine they go. Come out looking brand new.

You can get it at any auto parts store. It is non-toxic and biodegradable. Also has instructions for diluting to make an all purpose cleaner.
Go to Top of Page

momshell

103 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  15:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dawgpen, do you have to scrub at all when you use it? Simple Green smells great, so I could easily use it.
Go to Top of Page

dawgpen

5 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  14:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by momshell

Dawgpen, do you have to scrub at all when you use it? Simple Green smells great, so I could easily use it.

I don't scrub, just spray it on (undiluted), let it soak, and put it in the wash.
Go to Top of Page

4bagger

131 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  22:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The post that never dies................................
Go to Top of Page

Dbltrbl

6 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  12:51:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Awesome Orange.
Go to Top of Page

Baseballready22

107 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  09:26:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much Iron out do you use in the bucket?
Go to Top of Page

momshell

103 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  15:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After this weekend and 2 boys who didn't want to "wash the luck out" while on the road, I am finally caving and using the Iron Out. There is no other way I'll get them clean. 22, I'm just following the package directions and going from there. These pants could stand up on their own. LOL The Iron out doesn't small as bad as the pants!
Go to Top of Page

UGA12

29 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  12:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that you fabulous moms have fully covered the "how to" of getting those pants looking brand new, how about somebody start a discussion on the best/most economical way to pack a cooler for the weekend tournament while leaving room for dad's beer?
Go to Top of Page

TOPDOG

92 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  16:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that ones easy, the cooler is for dad
Go to Top of Page

BONECOLLECTOR

5 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  21:58:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the best stuff out there is something called Wink Rust Stain Remover. It doesn't have any smell and you absolutely do not have to soak in a five gallon bucket. The steps I use are
1. Spray pants with Spray n Wash or whatever and wash
2. Take out of washer then whatever stains are left over use Wink squeeze bottle on remaining stains.
3. Let sit for a couple of hours and wash again. The pants will come out perfectly white.

Warning- when soaking the pants with the Wink make sure that you do not place on granite counter top because it will discolor the granite. I usually use an old towel and place pants on top while soaking.
This will also not affect the piping down the side.
I find the Wink's at Publix on the laundrey isle. It is in a brown bottle.

Go to Top of Page

263 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  09:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UGA12

Now that you fabulous moms have fully covered the "how to" of getting those pants looking brand new, how about somebody start a discussion on the best/most economical way to pack a cooler for the weekend tournament while leaving room for dad's beer?

That is simple. Dad has separate cooler for adult beverages!

Go to Top of Page

loveforthegame25

448 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  22:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dont get iron out on the beer, tastes nasty
Go to Top of Page

sailor

18 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  20:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gwinnett

Perfect, you can get iron out at Kroger. I wish I knew a place where I could get a bigger bottle. I put hot water in plastic bucket then go outside put iron out in, then pants. Don't let any part of pants pop out of water, sometimes I will put a frisbee on top of pants with a jug of water on top to weigh them down. Leave outside, because it will stink bad, all night. The next day ring out then throw in washer and wash. They will look new again.

This is an old thread, but you can get bigger bottles of Iron Out at Lowes and Home Depot.
Go to Top of Page

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  23:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailor

quote:
Originally posted by Gwinnett

Perfect, you can get iron out at Kroger. I wish I knew a place where I could get a bigger bottle. I put hot water in plastic bucket then go outside put iron out in, then pants. Don't let any part of pants pop out of water, sometimes I will put a frisbee on top of pants with a jug of water on top to weigh them down. Leave outside, because it will stink bad, all night. The next day ring out then throw in washer and wash. They will look new again.

This is an old thread, but you can get bigger bottles of Iron Out at Lowes and Home Depot.

Also get the larger bottles at Wal-Mart if you look for it in the plumbing section and not with the laundry products.
Go to Top of Page

MADEA

2 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  07:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a kid that's very aggressive, has some weight, sliding seems to be necessary for him, so much that his white compression shorts are as bad as his pants. I wash them in warm water with 1/2 cup borax, 1/2 cap tide, no rinse. Soak 20 minutes in 2 gallons hot water with 1 cup white brite. Back into the machine regular wash, hang dry. Process takes about an hour and the pants look brand new. I won the fight against Georgia red clay dirt & whatever dirt is used in Florida. Hope this helps.. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000