Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NWBA Forums
 General Discussion
 How often are you replacing aluminum bats?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gus Ball Still Wins

77 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  09:41:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't mean from damage, but just from use? How long before a bat loses its pop? Or does it?

Enine

66 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  12:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been warrantying the bats before the year is up for the last 2 aluminum bats. The next one will be a composite.

I believe the aluminum will begin to lose pop as it begins to develop flat spots and gets out of round.
Go to Top of Page

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  15:22:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son has gone through bats no more often than 1x per year. And that is usually only because he needed a new size. He has used one bat for 2 or 3 seasons before and still hit HR's on the big field. His last bat was an Omaha 33-30. Used it his sophomore and junior years in high school and over the summer and fall in between. Hit 4 HR's in his Junior year. In my opinion, Louisville Slugger Omaha and Dynasty (if they still make it) are, by far, the best bat for the money.
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMomof2

57 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  19:24:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't remember the last time we didn't have to buy a new bat every year BECAUSE THEY KEEP CHANGING APPROVED BAT SPECIFICTIONS!
Go to Top of Page

toprank

138 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  14:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has he seen a decline in power this season due to the BBCOR?
Go to Top of Page

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  15:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume you are asking me. He has 1 HR so far this season. I believe that if you hit the ball on the sweet spot with the BBCOR, the ball will travel pretty close to the same as the old bats. The issue is, the sweet spot has gone from around 7" to around 3" from what I have heard. The 3" is very close to what the sweet spot is on a wood bat. We played one game this year where there were 4 HR's. The difference will be, in my opinion, that those balls hit off the handle or off the end of the bat will not travel as far. But if you barrel up on the sweet spot, it's still going to go a long way.
Go to Top of Page

Fundamental_Coach

27 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  17:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New year = new bat.....

Getting a new bat every year is the norm around here!
Go to Top of Page

toprank

138 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  06:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bballman what type of bat is he using now? TPX Omaha? EXO?
Go to Top of Page

bballman

1432 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  08:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Omaha again.
Go to Top of Page

Peanutsr

171 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  12:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new bat every year I can understand. But the wife having to get a new bathing suit every year when the one she has still fits, now that is crazy.
Go to Top of Page

agent21

97 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  16:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just submitted a claim for demarini BBCOR Voodoo (end cap). Will let you know how they treat us. E-mail confirming receipt said "now go hit some bombs!" How do they expect you to do that with a defective bat? My wiseacre son told me to tell them he will do so with the Louisville bat he is borrowing from a teammate while his demarini is on the DL.
Go to Top of Page

toprank

138 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  07:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me demarini is the worst in replacing bats. My son had one crack and I sent it back and they said it was fine I said the umpire had thrown it out of the game because of the crack and they wouldn't replace it. Said I would never buy one again, and haven't.
Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  09:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
usually replace as needed - warranty or otherwise (rule change) - cage bat typically lasts a few seasons or when he outgrows it..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000