Calif_Baseball

292 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  11:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by in_the_know

Yeah, it stops at travel ball!

quote:
Originally posted by Calif_Baseball

Best Advice I have given.... GET OUT OF REC BALL ASAP!!! The drama never stops.

You are correct, But the subject was about Stacking a team. At least with travelball you don't have to play or pitch little Johnny because daddy is on the board and demanding it.

Edited by - Calif_Baseball on 03/15/2012 11:44:21
Go to Top of Page

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  09:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is wow... Coaches actually complaining about stacked teams in rec tee ball. Most teams are lucky to have 3 kids facing forward most games
Go to Top of Page

coach0512

123 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  11:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the drama does NOT stop at travel ball. The coaches just get more leeway to fight back.
Go to Top of Page

tonywellis

75 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  13:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." Mark Twain

Don't ever apologize for being passionate. Those boys and parents deserve your best. The more you win...the more you will be hated. You will be hated by people you have never met much less spoken to. It comes with the territory and only gets worse no matter the sport. The only ones you need to please are your assistant coaches, your parents, and most of all your boys. Set their expectations early and report back to them intermittently throughout the season. They will be doing your evaluations at the end of the season. That is your list of references if the haters ever send a league Director after you. When the season starts, set a run differential target. In other words when we get up by X number of runs, then All Stars go to the bench, right field, catcher, etc. If some of your All Stars are practicing switch hitting, then what better time to let them practice. Good Luck to you. Enjoy it while you can. Times does fly by.

coach0512 is correct. The drama doesn't stop when you get to travel ball. It gets more sophisticated and specific.
Go to Top of Page

in_the_know

985 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  14:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You missed the sarcasm font in my reply. Clearly I was insinuating that the drama never stops, only the names change....

quote:
Originally posted by coach0512

And the drama does NOT stop at travel ball. The coaches just get more leeway to fight back.

Go to Top of Page

Calif_Baseball

292 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  20:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I could Post the "Contract" my buddy in Texas sent me that their Coaches wanted him to sign. It is 6 Pages Long. Some of the things in it are funny. Like the part that says "You will pay all dues,Fees & Coaches expenses. This will not Gaurantee Play time for your child." LOL Wait..You want me to pay for everything and then my son may not get to play??
It goes on and on like this for 6 pages
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000