General Discussion
 Question about coach and roster
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nabaseball

8 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  21:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son has been with a team for two years, but the team is still AA. In my opinion this is due to coaching and not talent. We were with them when the team was just starting and two of the coaches had been assistant rec ball coaches on my sons team for two seasons before they formed this team. My son is a catcher, middle infielder, lead off batter. Very versatile and coachable. We decided to take a break from this team and told the coaches. They offered to keep him on the roster and order him a uniform and bag but I told them not to.
Anyway the other day my sons allstars coach was having a tryout at our local rec fields and we needed to pick up his trophy. He asked us to meet him down there and bring my son to the tryouts. I told him that we were taking a break from his travel team and were not looking to rush into anything with another team. He said that was fine just let my son come hang out and see his friends, so we did. Naturally the team he had been with for the past two years were on the next field and saw my son with this team. Afterwards we went over to say hello to the old team and the head coach. The coach was very nice and offered to put my son on their usssa roster and I politely declined, but this coach kept saying he would put him on and if anything changed I could let him know. Now my son is on the old teams roster against my wishes. Any advice?

nastycurve

244 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  02:00:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a lot of coaches who do this to try and keep players from joining other teams and trapping kids on rosters. Email Matt Trebuchon, and as the parent he can get your son released from the roster. One note of advice also... I would stay totally away from that team, in addition to poor coaching, seems like they have questionable character as well.
Go to Top of Page

Spartan4

913 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  22:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before I emailed anybody I would probably have an in depth convo with that particular coach.....That is garbage and he would probably have a change of heart after you letting him hear it. Bottom line is that is YOUR son and YOUR decision. Probably would stay away from that tool in the future too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000