General Discussion
 Players Looking For a Team
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

itsaboutbb

164 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  07:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My question, why do people post in here during tryouts? Then the coaches fall all over themselves to get that player. Do they not want to tryout like the rest of us? I can see in the middle of the season doing this but during tryouts.

ramman999

241 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  08:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some probably don't know the protocol for the tryout circus during silly season - either coming from rec ball or have not been through the grinder yet.. Others don't want to become one of those that attends tryouts as a sport and waste their time showing up at each tryout with the same 35 other kids for a shot at one or 2 spots.

I think it's probably better - I'd much rather a private workout to give my son an opportunity to be seen rather than be a number in a group that can possibly be overlooked. Maybe they are onto something...
Go to Top of Page

Mad1

252 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  09:51:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with ramman999, our team doesnt have a "open" tryout per se. We talk to the interested players and invite no more than 2 or 3 players at a time to work out our returning players. This gives the coaches a better chance to really get to know the player and family, and evaluate them better. I think the players that are posting on here are looking for that type setting, more focused on them and not being shuffled through a crowd.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000