General Discussion
 Mizuno Pant problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

T13

257 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  15:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else having a problem with the new youth mizuno pants being too short....

most of our team is unable to wear the new ones and having a hard time finding unhemmed ones.....

263 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  16:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all I've ever found were unhemmed. There is a popular website selling them for $18.95/pair.
email sent.
Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  18:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I had heard they were going to start selling them hemmed, I am glad I got my son the unhemmed ones before the change. He is much too tall for the average length. I would try online, and see if they are sold in multiple lengths.
Go to Top of Page

bmoser

1633 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  21:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, we had the same issue. I took them to my dry cleaner and asked them to pull out the hem to give me another inch. They had some similar material so spliced it in to give me the 2 inches we needed.

Cost $15.00. I asked the team to short ay the uniform providers invoice by this amount.

The Rawlings pants were not hemmed at all, and could have fit Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hawks, so I had those hemmed as well. $7.00.

Not sure any of this is anyone's fault, but if someone could open a uniform company that eliminated all these issues, they'd be very successful. When you make a special trip to get measured, you expect better than this.
Go to Top of Page

baseballcrazymom

58 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  09:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry moser but it sounds like you want it both ways. Unless every kid on the team is the exact same height, and at 13-14 height varies widely, somebodies pants are gonna be too long/too short. If they fit in the waist, you gotta deal with the rest.

Order pants in time for delivery before that first tourney? Kids grow 2 inches and suddenly they don't fit if they are youth hemmed. Adult unhemmed is still too long. I hear ya. But shorting the manufacturer for alterations isn't the answer.

Too much is made about how players look vs how they play. Priorities please.
Go to Top of Page

HITANDRUN

436 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  15:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it when you do a fitting and everything is perfect then you get them and they are not even the same brand you tried on or not the same pant. If it were me and the pants were too short I would go Cooperstown on them and wear some solid socks pulled up or some stirups.
Go to Top of Page

baseballcrazymom

58 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  19:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True story so learn from it please...or keep complaining once in high school:

Form gets to us from the HS coaches to full in sizing for everything from cleats to hat size. Pants? Under Armour. Size? Hmmmmm. Large I guess.

Pants come in. Little bit tight. Go to store. Buy XLs. Kid wears them.

I don't blame Under Armour.. I don't blame the coaches. I don't blame the process. It's not about the pants or the brand or the color or the weather. . Just play baseball.
Go to Top of Page

luvbaseball49

18 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  20:22:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last 3 years of my team, I told the parents to go and buy their own all white or all gray pants, brand did not matter. That worked out great, no more complaints of pants being too short or too long.
Go to Top of Page

Gwinnett

791 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  21:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Truly, that is the best way to go.

quote:
Originally posted by luvbaseball49

The last 3 years of my team, I told the parents to go and buy their own all white or all gray pants, brand did not matter. That worked out great, no more complaints of pants being too short or too long.

Go to Top of Page

BaseballMom6

233 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  22:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseballcrazymom I like your way of thinking.
Go to Top of Page

SamQuick

75 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  23:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the UK, pants are underwear.
Go to Top of Page

baseballcrazymom

58 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  08:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseballmom6: thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic