12U General Discussion
 INTEGRITY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

southside pride

730 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  12:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's up guys? I'm about to make a few points that will lock me down as the most hated but I'm going to say it anyway. To my friends I insult I apologize in advance. Please pardon the typos, I'm on my phone. I witnessed a team throw a kid 2/3 of an inning and then throw a 6 inning game 2 hours later, I witnessed a director dripping f bombs and trying to start a fight in front of children, and I witnessed a tournament cancel after 15 minutes of light rain. I want to issue a series of challenges so here it goes. I challenge coaches to self impose punishments for themselves if they break the rules. It doesn't matter if you cheated on purpose or by accident, or if the directors let you slide. If you throw a kid 6 2/3 innings in a 3 hour period you deserve a DQ, period. Not only did the director not DQ the team, he issued no punishment what so ever. We all preach to our boys about responsibility and accountability but don't impose that same judgement on ourselves. 2nd I challenge directors to work as hard on Sundays to clean up a field as they do on Saturday. You will be delayed 8 hours to get in a game Saturday but once you play 1 game and the check is cashed a single drop of rain will cancel it. We the teams aka your customers, aka the payers of your bills notice. My last challenge is to the moderators and owners of nwga. Have the integrity to allow posts even though they step On the toes of owners, moderators, and dedicated bloggers. This should be all about the boys but seems like it's just a big ugly business our boys are pawns in. In closing I'm declaring SP storm the Astros invitational champs based on the imaginary DQ that should have been given and for being the high seed in a rain out. Of course I have no authority to do this but on principal is the right call. Congrats!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000