Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2014 :  12:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@5220 Who you got?

Florida Coast to Coast Invitational Championship 14U 6/6-6/8

1. Ancient City Cobras (St. Augustine, FL)
2. Cannons Baseball Academy (Pompano Beach, FL)
3. Jacksonville Warriors Black (FL)
4. Jacksonville Warriors White (FL)
5. North Florida Outlaws (FL)
6. Orlando Baseball Academy (Altamonte Springs, FL)
7. Ponte Vedra Thunder Blue (Jacksonville, FL)
8. Prospects baseball academy (FL)
9. Stingers Panhandle 14U (Tallahassee, FL)
10. West Florida Elite (Palm Harbor, FL)

ranger32

13 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  01:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will take the stingers and the warriors in the ship....and the one that still has there ace on the mound for that game will win.
Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  10:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ranger32

I will take the stingers and the warriors in the ship....and the one that still has there ace on the mound for that game will win.

Warriors White take it home in the Ship due to edge in pitching. They have at least 5 legit Aces that cover the pitching spectrum.
Go to Top of Page

TPXGREY12U

139 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  11:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

3. FTB Sports 55 (KISSIMMEE, FL)
4. Jacksonville Warriors Black (FL)
5. Jacksonville Warriors White (FL)

The ante has been raised!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  13:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Schedule is out.

Jax Warriors White vs. FTB55. This is one not to miss.
Jax Warriors Black vs. Prospects. Great game on paper.
Jax Warriors White vs. PV Thunder Blue. Two good teams with one with something to prove.

TEAM SCORE VS SCORE TEAM
1 Sat 8:00am Osceola Stadium Stingers Panhandle 14U A1 A2 Orlando Baseball Academy
2 Sat 8:00am Osceola Field 3 West Florida Elite B2 C2 FTB55 Elite
3 Sat 8:00am Osceola Field 5 Jacksonville Warriors Black A3 A4 Prospects Baseball Academy
4 Sat 8:00am St. Cloud HS Jacksonville Warriors White B1 C3 Ancient City Cobras
5 Sat 10:20am Osceola Stadium Stingers Panhandle 14U A1 A3 Jacksonville Warriors Black
6 Sat 10:20am Osceola Field 4 Cannons Baseball Academy B3 C2 FTB55 Elite
7 Sat 10:20am Osceola Field 5 Orlando Baseball Academy A2 A4 Prospects Baseball Academy
8 Sat 10:20am St. Cloud HS Jacksonville Warriors White B1 C1 Ponte Vedra Thunder Blue
9 Sat 12:40pm Osceola Stadium West Florida Elite B2 C3 Ancient City Cobras
10 Sat 3:15pm Osceola Stadium Cannons Baseball Academy B3 C1 Ponte Vedra Thunder Blue
11 Sat 3:15pm Osceola Field 1 Stingers Panhandle 14U A1 A4 Prospects Baseball Academy
12 Sat 3:15pm Osceola Field 4 Orlando Baseball Academy A2 A3 Jacksonville Warriors Black
13 Sat 3:15pm Osceola Field 5 Jacksonville Warriors White B1 C2 FTB55 Elite
14 Sat 5:30pm Osceola Stadium Cannons Baseball Academy B3 C3 Ancient City Cobras
15 Sat 5:30pm Osceola Field 5 West Florida Elite B2 C1 Ponte Vedra Thunder

quote:
Originally posted by TPXGREY12U

Go to Top of Page

5220 Fans

112 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  08:22:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sorry Capt, I tried to discuss some very interesting issues but the Mods never cleared the post. All that said: Looks like the Championship game is right from the start with the Warriors and FTB 55 elite. If these two end up on opposite sides of bracket play, I think you will see these two squaring off agin in the SHIP with the edge going to FTB 55 elite.
quote:
Originally posted by captainron

Schedule is out.

Jax Warriors White vs. PV Thunder Blue. Two good teams with one with something to prove.

TEAM SCORE VS SCORE TEAM
1 Sat 8:00am Osceola Stadium Stingers Panhandle 14U A1 A2 Orlando Baseball Academy
3 Sat 8:00am Osceola Field 5 Jacksonville Warriors Black A3 A4 Prospects Baseball Academy
5 Sat 10:20am Osceola Stadium Stingers Panhandle 14U A1 A3 Jacksonville Warriors Black
7 Sat 10:20am Osceola Field 5 Orlando Baseball Academy A2 A4 Prospects Baseball Academy
8 Sat 10:20am St. Cloud HS Jacksonville Warriors White B1 C1 Ponte Vedra Thunder Blue
10 Sat 3:15pm Osceola Stadium Cannons Baseball Academy B3 C1 Ponte Vedra Thunder Blue
11 Sat 3:15pm Osceola Field 1 Stingers Panhandle 14U A1 A4 Prospects Baseball Academy
12 Sat 3:15pm Osceola Field 4 Orlando Baseball Academy A2 A3 Jacksonville Warriors Black
14 Sat 5:30pm Osceola Stadium Cannons Baseball Academy B3 C3 Ancient City Cobras

quote:

Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  09:58:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

@5220 send them to me thru the email link on my name. I bet they are interesting. I have to give the edge to the Warriors and I won't call it an upset. They have the best coaching and the team is coming together. Some coaching staffs appear to be using the fire alarm transmission 'Box Alarm / Box Card' system which is telling my age but I do love the beauty of 'Joker Boxes'!

quote:
Originally posted by 5220 Fans

Sorry Capt, I tried to discuss some very interesting issues but the Mods never cleared the post. All that said: Looks like the Championship game is right from the start with the Warriors and FTB 55 elite. If these two end up on opposite sides of bracket play, I think you will see these two squaring off agin in the SHIP with the edge going to FTB 55 elite.
quote:

Schedule is out.

TEAM SCORE VS SCORE TEAM

quote:

Go to Top of Page

resumetoproveit

85 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  11:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prospects took out FTB in a whale of a game.
Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  12:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warriors represented Saturday and the Gap has closed. The stingers ran into a pitcher that has been honing his craft and the stars aligned. Great work NS!!!!
Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  17:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about them Warriors? Prospects gave the boys everything the boys could handle. What a ball game!
@sogas the 904 brought some teams down and performed well. The two teams in the Ship can hang with any team in GA and for that matter the nation. Awesome display of baseball!!!
Go to Top of Page

SOGAS

143 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  21:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's why I was hoping those teams would have ventured a few hours west about a month ago to prove it against 2 or 3 of Georgia's best and 1 of if not 2 of the legitimate (not proclaimed) Nations best.
The Warriors have entered the PG BCS the first week of July down in FT. Myers against the Nations very best and it's time Jacksonville displays that hot bed of talent to the rest of the Nation.

quote:

@sogas the 904 brought some teams down and performed well. The two teams in the Ship can hang with any team in GA and for that matter the nation. Awesome display of baseball!!!

Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  09:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SOGAS

That's why I was hoping those teams would have ventured a few hours west about a month ago to prove it against 2 or 3 of Georgia's best and 1 of if not 2 of the legitimate (not proclaimed) Nations best.
The Warriors have entered the PG BCS the first week of July down in FT. Myers against the Nations very best and it's time Jacksonville displays that hot bed of talent to the rest of the Nation.

quote:

Yep grandson is saying he is 'amped' about it. As a retired Sapper that means something else to me but I will say the program is a 'Black Fire' about to experience a flashover.

Edited by - captainron on 06/09/2014 09:47:21
Go to Top of Page

Yankee7

93 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  12:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Notice 5220 had nothing more to say....nice prediction! If prospects carried 14+ players and had pitchers only, they would of had this one in the bag and many more. The -0 kids they have play every out of the tournament, not like the other teams bringing in kids in the 6th game who have not even played yet. Hats off to the hardest working team out there (Prospects)!! So close, had them 4-1 in ship last inning and ran out of pitching. (By the way the kid left early on the tag up from third, everyone saw it from the stands even the teams waiting to play said that was a big missed call.
Go to Top of Page

5220 Fans

112 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  15:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whats to say? Warriors won! I had them pulling second, behind 55 Elite (who by the way were NOT at full strength). Facts are this is the first time in a long time PBA has made it out of the first round of bracket play. Next

quote:
Originally posted by Yankee7

Notice 5220 had nothing more to say....nice prediction! If prospects carried 14+ players and had pitchers only, they would of had this one in the bag and many more. The -0 kids they have play every out of the tournament, not like the other teams bringing in kids in the 6th game who have not even played yet. Hats off to the hardest working team out there (Prospects)!! So close, had them 4-1 in ship last inning and ran out of pitching. (By the way the kid left early on the tag up from third, everyone saw it from the stands even the teams waiting to play said that was a big missed call.

Go to Top of Page

Yankee7

93 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  16:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

.oops ^^^ 9 kids play every out of the tournament
Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  17:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Both teams had calls go thier way and against. It was a good game. There is no need for any negativity. I know one set of parents has bad blood with the Warriors brass but that should not be the focus. The young men on both sides should be. Trust me the last game for these boys is coming so enjoy it as the time goes quicker than radiated heat causing an object to combust.
Go to Top of Page

Yankee7

93 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  19:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Both teams had calls go thier way and against. It was a good game. There is no need for any negativity. I know one set of parents has bad blood with the Warriors brass but that should not be the focus. The young men on both sides should be. Trust me the last game for these boys is coming so enjoy it as the time goes quicker than radiated heat causing an object to combust.

no negativity at all. It was a great game. I was just stating the facts on our team. We have 10 players, one just hits, 5 pitch and 1 can pitch a little bit. To go that far in the tournament and literally run out of pitching.....that really hurt. I know your grandson and I know your team really well, no bad blood, just rivals we are. But we had you beat the whole game until the last inning. Just saying it must be nice to have kids on the team that only except to play 2-3 innings and not bat the whole weekend, and have the parents on board with that. As a matter of fact you guys have a few of our former players that could not except that with us, except they had more play time with us. Hats off to your organization.
Go to Top of Page

5220 Fans

112 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  06:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

no negativity at all. It was a great game. I was just stating the facts on our team. We have 10 players, one just hits, 5 pitch and 1 can pitch a little bit. To go that far in the tournament and literally run out of pitching.....that really hurt. I know your grandson and I know your team really well, no bad blood, just rivals we are. But we had you beat the whole game until the last inning. Just saying it must be nice to have kids on the team that only except to play 2-3 innings and not bat the whole weekend, and have the parents on board with that. As a matter of fact you guys have a few of our former players that could not except that with us, except they had more play time with us. Hats off to your organization.

Its no longer rec. ball. Show me a college or pro team that uses your formula. Now some high school teams may have to just because of the size and school population, but even high schools don't subscribe to your formula of the game.

Edited by - 5220 Fans on 06/10/2014 18:49:00
Go to Top of Page

resumetoproveit

85 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  12:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a coach Pound for pound and based on your lesser numbers you are the better team. As they say the Warriors program has a factory in the 14u age group. I witnessed the FTB game and the Championship game. In the FTB/Prospects game I don’t care if FTB flew in the second comings of Troy Tulowitzki hitting, Masahiro Tanaka pitching, Xander Bogaerts at short and Michael Wacha coming in in relief FTB was not going to win that game. If you had played The White Warriors then you would have run ruled them. Your team ran out of steam. The head coach needs two more utility players that can pitch effectively, a bit more speed at first base and upgrade in the middle infield and right field.

As for hardest working team that is an unfair statement. All of these kids are working hard and putting in the work to be the best they can be. At this stage the players are committed. I only see a couple of power hitters resting on their laurels and regressing. They will be weeded out in High School. I think the statement that would be spot on would be Prospects doing more with less. Less players and less coaches. Something to be proud of.

In all honesty the Warriors Black team has about four players that should be on the White team over the Black team. They have some players that are clearly head and shoulders above kids on the White team but they may be in an effort to keep the teams fairly even for tournament play and I know some parents want their player to rightly get more playing time.

Yankee7. Ultimately at this point in the game the players development is up to them and to a minor degree the coaches. Not the parents unless they are working with their kid. Not the playing time they pay or lobby for. Prospects should take away this: They took a well-financed team with a funnel of talent to the wire and deserved to win.

The only people still talking about it are the parents and their pride. Prospects parents and coaches should be prideful that they have one of the best groups of players in the area. Don’t forget there were other very talented teams in the area that did not do as well.
Go to Top of Page

Yankee7

93 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  20:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Resume: very well put, sounds like you truly watched the games out there this weekend-----thank you respectfully!!
Go to Top of Page

captainron

155 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  11:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sogas it is going to be fun up in Atlanta this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

BLDdad

135 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  12:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope the chance of rain lowers.
Thursday
81 | 64 °F Chance of T-storms
50% chance of precipitation
Friday
83 | 64 °F Chance of T-storms
40% chance of precipitation
Saturday
82 | 66 °F T-storms
80% chance of precipitation
Sunday
84 | 66 °F Chance of T-storms
60% chance of precipitation
Go to Top of Page

Yankee7

93 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  13:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

good luck to the warriors, bring another one back to jax.!!
Go to Top of Page

SOGAS

143 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  19:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be fun to watch but I guess the PG tournament going on up there this week has depleted the field of competition. In pool A I think Demarini BLK and Warriors White are the top 2. In B I think it's Demarini Gold and Warriors BLK. Pool C is Saints and Knights. D is Central Alabama and ECB Select. I know some of those teams play each other in pool but I think those are the better teams in those pools. Where are the Astro's? They are not in the PG tournament or this one.
Central Alabama is my pre tournament favorite with either the Warriors or Demarini teams to follow.

BTW, Gulf Coast Elite are representing well in the PG tournament at 3-o through their 1st 3 games. 643 Cougars, Titans, Centerfield Academy as well as Vipers Baseball are all at 3-0 also. The Natuals out of alabama are at 3-1.
Setting at 2-0 are South miami select, Diamond Iron and Upstate Mavericks.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Gwinnett

791 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  22:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to Game Changer the Astros played PG 16u last week, 15u PG this week, and 15u TC starting tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by SOGAS

Should be fun to watch but I guess the PG tournament going on up there this week has depleted the field of competition. In pool A I think Demarini BLK and Warriors White are the top 2. In B I think it's Demarini Gold and Warriors BLK. Pool C is Saints and Knights. D is Central Alabama and ECB Select. I know some of those teams play each other in pool but I think those are the better teams in those pools. Where are the Astro's? They are not in the PG tournament or this one.
Central Alabama is my pre tournament favorite with either the Warriors or Demarini teams to follow.

BTW, Gulf Coast Elite are representing well in the PG tournament at 3-o through their 1st 3 games. 643 Cougars, Titans, Centerfield Academy as well as Vipers Baseball are all at 3-0 also. The Natuals out of alabama are at 3-1.
Setting at 2-0 are South miami select, Diamond Iron and Upstate Mavericks.

quote:

Edited by - Gwinnett on 06/11/2014 22:52:49
Go to Top of Page

SOGAS

143 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  08:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good deal and Thanks. Looking at the PG tournament in FT. Myers the first week of July its loaded. Texas, Georgia and Florida will have great representation. Teams from all over the Country will try an take down the Banditos.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Georgia Travel Baseball - NWBA © 2000-22 NWBA Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000